Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

If the staff does something wrong they take it out on the student they cover there tracks

Poor administration. This school used to one of the best and cared about the children . My older child went there now it's horrible no one watches the Jed's at recess and the refuse to give the kids any of the devices they need. The fight and argue with the parents . Ieps are a joke the children have to meet there needs who is paying for this again mountain view all over again it's a shame

One of the main considerations for moving OUT of Goffstown was Maple Ave. I found the teachers there to not really care how my child was doing, the administration fought me every step of the way to get him the help he needed. There was an incident on the playground of completely inappropriate touching between two boys that several children witnessed while the staff was up on a hill talking with each other, rather than actively watching a playground full of children. I have had much better time getting my son the help he needs in a school rated as a 4. I liked the ice cream socials and the Halloween parades. Those are the only 2 good things I can remember. I tried to volunteer and be a part of the school and quite honestly did not feel welcome. I think it was because I pointed out that there RTI system was not adequately meeting the law requirements. Had it been my son would have been able to get the help he needed.

My child is in there last year at Maple ave. and what great years they have been. The curriculum is creative and appropriate. While not everything is perfect NO school is. I have found both the principle and assistant principle to be easily accessible and good with follow through. There is a lot of parent involvement but the parents don't run the school. What a wonderful community we were so lucky to be a part of.

I am sad to that my daughter has to leave this school and go to the middle school. She truly loved all of the teachers/staff ... She always had caring, enthusiastic teachers who kept her engaged and eager to learn!! We also volunteered often at MAES and always felt that the entire staff (from custodians to the principal) truly cared about the students.. As parents we couldn't have asked for a better elementary experience for our child..

Teacher assignments are unacceptable, placing sensitive, gifted students with rigid teachers. The staff cannot distinguish between the behavior of boys versus girls. There are actually 25+ students per class.

I love this school! My son has been a student for 3 years now. I have always had positive experiences with the teachers, staff and most of all... Mr. Boyd, he continually displays through his leadership, support of the students, the interaction with his staff, the students welfare is his #1 priority & concern. I respect and appreciate that. My child is safe and in good hands with Mr. Boyd and the amazing staff.

This is an excellent school! My daughter loved all 4 years and she had some wonderful teachers. Mr. Boyd is excellent! I've never seen such an enthusiastic, involved principal. Lots of activities for the kids during the school year as well.

Last modified Maple Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades 1-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.