No rating

Villa Augustina School

Private | PK-8 | 173 students

Living in Goffstown

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $168,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,150.

Posted February 20, 2012

My kids and I love this school. The teachers are amazing. They are caring, patient, and extremely creative. They make learning fun which is important to me since my children have very short attention spans. I would highly recommend this school!!!

Posted March 21, 2011

Coming out of an environment where I had to force my oldest child to go to school, the Villa is a breath of fresh air. Both of my children look forward to going to school everyday. This is a community where the children look out for and help each other from the 8th grade all the way to the youngest grades. Parents are absolutely invited to be involved in their children's education. From coaching to helping in the classrooms, parents are very active. The inclusion of technology and the continued focus on promoting the arts are wonderful. We love that we are able to keep our children in this environment from preschool through 8th grade.

Posted February 9, 2011

My daughter is in the 4th grade at Villa and she absolutely loves it. We have been through the ups and downs (every school has them) and I am pleased that enrollment is up. The sports and music programs are excellent and there is no bullying. It is a great school and I hope more people consider it- especially for the older grades when your child needs focus the most.

Posted November 7, 2010

My child is in public High School right now. His time at the Villa still fills him with fond memories. He still feels the connection and it will always hold a special place in his heart. Anyone that sends their child to this school will see for themselves that it is an experience that will enrich their child's life in so many ways, and in ways that last. It has inspired him to be a better person, and has affected his sister in much the same way. The spirit at the Villa is infectious, and it upholds and employs all that you try to instill in your children. The school is truly a treasure.

Posted August 23, 2010

I agree with the previous parents who had a horrible experience at the Villa. We too experienced a non-nurturing enviroment. We left this school and entered another Catholic school where our children are flourishing. Our son that was picked on the most by the Villa teachers is a Geography Bee champion, and is in the 99 percentile on his standardized tests. The teachers we dealt with at the Villa stated: 'he did not belong at the Villa because he could not handle the curriculum'. He was 5 years-old with a Dad deployed in Iraq. How could they determine if he could handle the curriculum years down the road? I want to announce to all of the Villa staff, that he has found his 'niche' in his education. I am sure the Villa is still combusting from within.

Posted June 7, 2010

I have one boy there who started at K and is going into 6th grade and a girl who is going into kindergarten. I think that says it all. Great school with great teachers. The school is led by a parent board and parents association and nutures a safe envirmonment for learning. The school had finaincial challenges when the RJM sistes could not support it anymore, but that is doing much better now, I think that iw where some of the older, unhappy posts come from.

Posted February 8, 2010

My son is now in the fourth grade and he has been going to the Villa since Kindergaten. He has received an amazing education. He has been in the Spelling Bee for the past two years. He has played on the school's sports team. The teachers are great! Love the School!!!

Posted November 7, 2009

my children thrive at this school. It is a community of families who are interested in academic excellence.

Posted October 16, 2009

Absolutly right , about changing the rules on a whim. They will not even give us a new school handbook. It's already October!!!!!!!!!! Don't sned you kids here it's a big mistake!!!!!

Posted June 4, 2009

My daughter is a six grader at the villa and ,we love it!.The staff is wonderful! i would recomend it!

Posted November 20, 2008

An absolute gem. We have four children at the Villa and we feel so blessed to be part of such a wonderful school community. Our children learn in a loving, safe setting. Our oldest, a preteen, says that her class is like a family to each other. That's saying something, for a junior high student. We can't say enough good things about this school.

Posted June 15, 2008

A serious mistake. Our child entered with a strong passion for learning, and a deep respect for teachers/adults. The teachers barely have respect for themselves, let alone the students. They are, at best, inadequate, set horrible examples for the kids, have unhealthy attitudes- sadly, the children are most noticeably affected by this. The 'learning environment' is one of 'read this, you have a test in 2 days'. The teachers do not teach-our experience led us to realize it is due largely to incompetence. This school should not have a junior high- it can not meet the standards. We did not witness 'nurturing', 'values', 'excellent education', etc that other reviews mentioned- makes us wonder if we are describing the same school. We deeply regret sending our child there!

Posted June 10, 2008

Worst school-motive in writing this is to spare others from making same mistake!! Teachers seem to have no formal instruction ability. They change rules at a whim and answer to no one. Students are not challenged, just given hours upon hours of busy work!!!!! They are only interested in your donations!!!

Posted March 31, 2008

This school is a wonderful community with phenomonal teachers and staff. I would highly reccomend this school to anyone who wants thier children to receive an excellent education. Small class sizes, knowledgable teachers and a commitment to the Catholic Faith make up a wonderful school!

Posted July 31, 2007

For my third grade year in school, I left public school and joined the Villa Augustina. I found challenging work, great teachers and an incredible parent/student/staff community. They have wonderful values, despite financial trouble. Thank you, Villa Augustina, for giving me three years of academic excellence and loving service!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 8, 2007

Horrible school. No leadership. No parent association. No support. Keep them out of this horrible school. They are going to close.

Posted April 10, 2006

My children have attended the Villa for several years. The teachers are extremly committed to helping each child succeed. The classroom atmosphere lends itself to open discussions in which the children participate eagerly. Both my children have done wonderfully here (much better than public school) and have become happy, confidant and well educated individuals. My husband and I couldn't be more pleased.

Posted October 7, 2005

Villa Augustina is a wonderful school! The classes are challenging, the teachers are caring and the parents are very involved! Our boys look forward to school each and everyday. We are amazed at how much they learn educationally and spiritually!

Posted October 7, 2005

The philosophy of this Pre-K through Grade 8 school is rooted in the teachings of the Catholic Church, the principles of American democracy and the mission of our foundress St. Claudine Thevenet - peace, pardon and justice. Open to families of all faiths, the VILLA is noted for its quality education within a caring, supportive environment. Students learn from a competitive, contemporary curriculum which integrates Christian values. Our teachers mentor and challenge students and tutor as necessary to ensure that all students have an opportunity to fulfill expectations. Our graduates regularly place in competitive high school honors programs.

Posted January 10, 2004

Small classes, caring faculty, challenging curriculum prepare students for high school and beyond. Teachers personalize their instruction and work with students.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Manchester

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

208 South Mast Road