Bad
Good

We have had an excellent experience with GVS for our kids. The teachers are available to work with parents and students to make individual plans. It is a true community.

GVS is a fantastic school.I noticed a couple comments that were very harsh....One word comes to mind... "Pretentious" They have "gifted" kids... They had to send their "gifted" kids to privet school... what this parent is saying is they passed this "Gifted" gene on to there"Gifted" child and the Gifted child is a reflection of how Gifted they are... Don't listen to this negativity. GVS has been great for my children. The test scores they get prove what i'm saying and they have time for play as well.

Our son has had learning difficulties and the staff has been supportive, open, and understanding since he started Kindergarten. Each teacher he has had worked with us, took time to make the accommodations he needed, and were emotionally supportive of his needs. Teachers are prepared, diligent, and dedicated to their professions in general at GVS (we have been fortunate to have wonderful teachers in each grade). Students have a plethora of resources at their disposal--technology in the classroom, computer labs, tons of extra-curricular activities--in a warm and nurturing environment. Like other commentators have mentioned, there can be a certain tendency to conformity and high performers could have more programs to push them academically, but overall this is an excellent school.

I am extremely unhappy with the education my children are receiving at GVS. They focus on the common core curriculum and teach based solely on how to perform on the state exams. There is absolutely no opportunity for students that are gifted and ahead of their peers to excel. My children are bored in class and learning very little that they don't already know. I find that I get more accomplished an hour or two at home than they do in a week at the school. I'm trying to get my children into the Hanover school system.

Both my kids have attended GVS since 2008. They have excelled! The school has done a great job offering different kinds of groups with Guidance like Lunch Bunch or sibling groups. They have the Green Team which emphasizes good behavior. They seem to break classes up each year so kids do not get stuck in a clique. The new principal seems very competent. I am also a teacher in Vermont (live in Grantham) and am MORE than pleased with GVS.

My daughter is a third grader at GVS and has been attending since Kindergarten. Every teacher and administrator has been attentive, supportive for my child. All adults work together to provide a positive, challenging and exciting academic experience for all children. Each child is treated individually, yet made to feel an important part of the whole. The principal is caring and knows every child/parent by name. He has an open door and deals with issues proactively. I am proud of GVS and feel like I am part of a wonderful family there.

We have two girls at this school and they feel so happy about going to this school. We have been moving every two years, last time was from Bernice Ray School to this school and we love it just as much as the Ray School. Teachers are so friendly and they even are willing to tutor a child 20 minutes a week just to level him/her out with her/his classmates. I am very pleased.

I have to say that I'm very surprised by the negative reviews of this school! My husband and I have been beyond pleased with our experience at GVS and we know so many other parents who feel the same way. Our son was diagnosed with Asperger's during Kindergarten and the school has met every one of his needs without any pushing on our part. From other experiences we have had in other schools this is amazing! We plan on keeping our three sons in this school until they have all finished and moved on to middle and high school. My oldest son is different from his classmates and I have never felt that he was expected to conform in order to fit in. No school is perfect but we feel very strongly that the positives far outweigh the negatives at GVS.

I have been extremely disappointed with this school. Even though our children have only attended GVS for a short time, we are afraid we'll be damage control for quite a while. The school environment seems to emphasize conformity and cliquishness, and the educational approach seems to be pretty narrow minded. We are currently looking into other schools.

I'm a former student of GVS. The teachers were okay, and at first I had many friends, but soon I was often ignored and no teachers were concerned about it. Many people weren't very nice to me, but now I go to RMS in Concord and love it.

Last modified Grantham Village School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.