Bad
Good

I went to HMS all four years, and I loved it. There is bullying at this school just like any other middle school you go to, so don't let those reviews steer you away. I liked this school so much I subbed there for a year, and when I get my bachelors degree I hope to teach in the Hampstead district. I felt completely safe in this school, Mrs. Jake and Mr. Mailoux(guidance counselor) made themselves completely available for all students. We could even eat lunch with them with a group just to talk. I always felt like I could got to any teacher with any problem. The classes were great, and the teachers are amazing. I felt completely prepared going to Pinkerton Academy, and it is all thanks to the wonderful and differentiated teaching instruction.I was on sports teams all 4 years. There is homework club for friends who might be struggling in areas, and there is an after school program for parents who work late. There is ski/snowboard club in the winter, there is a lip-sync, etc. There is a ton of things to do at this school! Cannot say enough wonderful things!

Overall impression: Central great (1 child), Hampstead Middle (1 child) - 1 star, wouldn't recommend. For these reasons- NO after school student support. We have found not one teacher willing to stay after school to give extra help. Each has made themselves available only during student lunch/recess. Imagine the absurdity of trying to eat a lunch and make up a test. Unless your child is very good at athletics don't expect them to make a sports team. They'll either face trying out with all 4 grades for one team or 30+ kids for each A/B team. Silly me for thinking MS was the time to try new things. Consistent rejection, for those brave enough to keep trying, is more like it. And if they don't make a sports team there are very limited after school activities. Worse yet, if you work, no late bus so no way to get your child home anyway. I would like to know where the other reviewer found all the support for their child. This must be super secretive support since I've never heard of it nor have I heard of anyone speak or experience it. This school is seriously lacking and it needs to improve.

We moved to Hampstead for the schools and have not been disappointed. The teachers are beyond dedicated and really went the extra mile to help my child transition to.middle school as the new kid in town. The curriculum in both schools far surpasses our previous schools. We have not experienced any bullying issues at either school and I was surprised to read the comments below. I have a child who could easily be targeted but it's never been an issue. Ithe school has a number of programs in place to help kids who don't fit in to the traditional cliques. I could go on for hours about how impressed I've been with the teachers , guidance councilor (middle school) and even the front office staff at both schools. My younger child spent 2 years in the central school and has had a very positive experience.

I read these reviews before moving into hampstead, it was where we wanted to move, and was really nervous because of the bullying reviews. We decided to move to Hampstead anyway,my son and daughter absolutely love this school, I have asked them many times if there has been any issues with bullying and both have told me no. The staff is great, my son has an iep and the day after I registered him, they called for an iep meeting the day after. I am so glad we moved here and my kids are happy.

i went here for 5 and 6th grade but left in 7th grade because i could not take the bullying, drama, and the staff just didnt care. THe kids there threaten to beat each other up (some do) and kids are always fighting to be the most 'popular'. Classes were amazingly easy and the teachers give you the answers during tests. I am now in a private school and i'm challenged and feel safe

this school stinks my son gets bullied and the teachers dont care

I went here for 5th and 6th grade but left in 7th grade because the kids here were horible and the staff didn't even care. All of the class were too easy too. The school didn't feel safe. HMs has a dress code but most of the kids don't follow it and dress very revealing. (Almost all the girls dress this way.) Also many of the 8th grades apply to private high schools but most don't get in.

I have been very happy with Hampstead Middle School and it's ability to bring out the best in it's students and staff.

Last modified Hampstead Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.