PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

There is no mean children here. Everyone is friends with everyone. I have never seen a school where Kindergarten students are friends with 5th,6th,7th and 8th grade students! It is unheard of and it is really amazing. The students have concern for others big and small.

This school has helped my two children come out of their shells. It has laid the groundwork for them to succeed in whatever they choose to do. I am more than grateful for the teachers and staff in helping my children be themselves. This school will forever hold a place in my heart.

My husband and I felt my son was not being challenged in his Public School so last year we made the move to Hampstead Academy. We were told HA had a strong STEAM & academic program, taught students to their individual needs & were equipped to work with advanced students. Unfortunately, this could not be further from the truth. My son was less challenged at HA then in his past public school. Very basic Math was covered in class once or twice a week. Writing was done once a week in only their logs books. Homework mostly consisted of Penmanship work. Hampstead Academy professed to offer a great STEAM program but we saw no evidence of ANY of it displayed in their homework, school work or report cards. In fact, during the start of last years school year, their special designated Steam Room was completely bare. The school sent parents regular emails begging for donations for their Steam Room. It was a disgrace. My son’s homeroom teacher was so behind in basic technology, she had no idea how to scan a document or work with Power Point. The icing of the cake for us, was their poor gym program and lack of sports. The boys in this school don’t grow up being boys. They hardly know how to dribble or throw a ball. Honestly, the whole year was a complete waste. We will not be returning this Sept and I understand 50+ other students school wide will also not be returning. Save your money and seek other alternatives for your child’s education.

My daughter has been a student at Hampstead Academy for 6 years. We wanted a school with small class sizes, a strong enrichment program, and a caring and supportive environment . Our first tour of the school confirmed what we were searching for. Each teacher, from primary to the specials, has helped my daughter to explore outside her comfort zone and she is thriving. It is a wonderful community to be part of.

Our children have attended Hampstead Academy for years and we could not be happier with the education and the community that is HA. Hampstead Academy truly does focus on the whole experience for your child, not just academically but socially and emotionally as well. The teachers are amazing, intelligent, dedicated, caring people who have always made us feel as though they are wholly invested in our children's education and growth. As most parents will tell you, every child is different and has different needs, including our boys. It amazes us how well HA has been able to tailor the education that our children have received to help both boys learn and grow in their own way. It is a wonderful school with amazing opportunities, advanced technology and a ver caring staff. We feel very lucky to have found HA.

I have two children at this school and we have been there for almost 10 years. Both children have had an amazing experience. The teachers have been so great and always willing to go above and beyond for each student. The school has given my kids a love for learning that I don't think they could have found many other places. One of the best choices we have made for our kids to date is sending them here.

My daughter has been at Hampstead Academy since kindergarten and it has been a positive experience for her each year. The teachers are great and take the time to get to know all the students. The curriculum is both challenging and exciting. The new maker space this year was a great addition to their school. I love how they incorporate topics from their main classroom into their other classes. The school offers many extra curricular activities for the kids, from Mad Science, Lego League, Destination Imagination, sports and drama to name a few. With all they offer it allows my child to be a well rounded student. My daughter goes to school each morning excited and ready to learn.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The most outstanding teacher at this school that we have experienced thus far is Suzanne Cronin, second grade.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My daughter started at Hampstead Academy in first grade. I really never thought about sending her to a private school, but I am so glad that I did! She is more confident and more outgoing due to the fact that she began working on independent presentations in first grade! That carried through second grade and into her current third grade class. This year, the school received a 3D printer for the newly created Maker Space. I am very impressed with the projects they have worked on. I love that she is at a school where all of the teachers and administrators know her name and really care about her education and well being.

Not a strong enough academic program. The math curriculum is lacking in strong instruction and follow up.

Last modified Hampstead Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8