PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Hampstead Academy 1

Posted August 25, 2016
My husband and I felt my son was not being challenged in his Public School so last year we made the move to Hampstead Academy. We were told HA had a strong STEAM & academic program, taught students to their individual needs & were equipped to work with advanced students. Unfortunately, this could not be further from the truth. My son was less challenged at HA then in his past public school. Very basic Math was covered in class once or twice a week. Writing was done once a week in only their logs books. Homework mostly consisted of Penmanship work. Hampstead Academy professed to offer a great STEAM program but we saw no evidence of ANY of it displayed in their homework, school work or report cards. In fact, during the start of last years school year, their special designated Steam Room was completely bare. The school sent parents regular emails begging for donations for their Steam Room. It was a disgrace. My son’s homeroom teacher was so behind in basic technology, she had no idea how to scan a document or work with Power Point. The icing of the cake for us, was their poor gym program and lack of sports. The boys in this school don’t grow up being boys. They hardly know how to dribble or throw a ball. Honestly, the whole year was a complete waste. We will not be returning this Sept and I understand 50+ other students school wide will also not be returning. Save your money and seek other alternatives for your child’s education.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
Chris Field is a truly exceptional teacher. He has challenged and motivated my 11-year-old son to achieve far beyond any reasonable expectations. My son's writing, reasoning, organizational, and public speaking skills have skyrocketed over the course of this year under Mr. Field's guidance. My son loves going to school each day, largely because of Mr. Field.

Posted March 15, 2016
My daughter has been a student at Hampstead Academy for 6 years. We wanted a school with small class sizes, a strong enrichment program, and a caring and supportive environment . Our first tour of the school confirmed what we were searching for. Each teacher, from primary to the specials, has helped my daughter to explore outside her comfort zone and she is thriving. It is a wonderful community to be part of.

Posted February 17, 2016
Our children have attended Hampstead Academy for years and we could not be happier with the education and the community that is HA. Hampstead Academy truly does focus on the whole experience for your child, not just academically but socially and emotionally as well. The teachers are amazing, intelligent, dedicated, caring people who have always made us feel as though they are wholly invested in our children's education and growth. As most parents will tell you, every child is different and has different needs, including our boys. It amazes us how well HA has been able to tailor the education that our children have received to help both boys learn and grow in their own way. It is a wonderful school with amazing opportunities, advanced technology and a ver caring staff. We feel very lucky to have found HA.

Posted February 05, 2016
I have two children at this school and we have been there for almost 10 years. Both children have had an amazing experience. The teachers have been so great and always willing to go above and beyond for each student. The school has given my kids a love for learning that I don't think they could have found many other places. One of the best choices we have made for our kids to date is sending them here.

Posted January 29, 2016
My daughter has been at Hampstead Academy since kindergarten and it has been a positive experience for her each year. The teachers are great and take the time to get to know all the students. The curriculum is both challenging and exciting. The new maker space this year was a great addition to their school. I love how they incorporate topics from their main classroom into their other classes. The school offers many extra curricular activities for the kids, from Mad Science, Lego League, Destination Imagination, sports and drama to name a few. With all they offer it allows my child to be a well rounded student. My daughter goes to school each morning excited and ready to learn.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted January 28, 2016
The most outstanding teacher at this school that we have experienced thus far is Suzanne Cronin, second grade.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 28, 2016
The various fund raising projects like UNICEF, St. Anne's food pantry, Coats for Kids, Hoops for Hearts, etc. that my thrid grade daughter has participated in over the past three years has instilled in her a strong love of charitable giving!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 28, 2016
My daughter started at Hampstead Academy in first grade. I really never thought about sending her to a private school, but I am so glad that I did! She is more confident and more outgoing due to the fact that she began working on independent presentations in first grade! That carried through second grade and into her current third grade class. This year, the school received a 3D printer for the newly created Maker Space. I am very impressed with the projects they have worked on. I love that she is at a school where all of the teachers and administrators know her name and really care about her education and well being.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 20, 2015
Silva Grosser Fantastic teacher! Takes pride in her work and her students achievements. Always a structured and prepared teacher.

320 East Road, Hampstead, NH  03841