PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted March 15, 2016
My daughter has been a student at Hampstead Academy for 6 years. We wanted a school with small class sizes, a strong enrichment program, and a caring and supportive environment . Our first tour of the school confirmed what we were searching for. Each teacher, from primary to the specials, has helped my daughter to explore outside her comfort zone and she is thriving. It is a wonderful community to be part of.

Posted February 17, 2016
Our children have attended Hampstead Academy for years and we could not be happier with the education and the community that is HA. Hampstead Academy truly does focus on the whole experience for your child, not just academically but socially and emotionally as well. The teachers are amazing, intelligent, dedicated, caring people who have always made us feel as though they are wholly invested in our children's education and growth. As most parents will tell you, every child is different and has different needs, including our boys. It amazes us how well HA has been able to tailor the education that our children have received to help both boys learn and grow in their own way. It is a wonderful school with amazing opportunities, advanced technology and a ver caring staff. We feel very lucky to have found HA.

Posted February 05, 2016
I have two children at this school and we have been there for almost 10 years. Both children have had an amazing experience. The teachers have been so great and always willing to go above and beyond for each student. The school has given my kids a love for learning that I don't think they could have found many other places. One of the best choices we have made for our kids to date is sending them here.

Posted January 29, 2016
My daughter has been at Hampstead Academy since kindergarten and it has been a positive experience for her each year. The teachers are great and take the time to get to know all the students. The curriculum is both challenging and exciting. The new maker space this year was a great addition to their school. I love how they incorporate topics from their main classroom into their other classes. The school offers many extra curricular activities for the kids, from Mad Science, Lego League, Destination Imagination, sports and drama to name a few. With all they offer it allows my child to be a well rounded student. My daughter goes to school each morning excited and ready to learn.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted January 28, 2016
The most outstanding teacher at this school that we have experienced thus far is Suzanne Cronin, second grade.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 28, 2016
The various fund raising projects like UNICEF, St. Anne's food pantry, Coats for Kids, Hoops for Hearts, etc. that my thrid grade daughter has participated in over the past three years has instilled in her a strong love of charitable giving!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 28, 2016
My daughter started at Hampstead Academy in first grade. I really never thought about sending her to a private school, but I am so glad that I did! She is more confident and more outgoing due to the fact that she began working on independent presentations in first grade! That carried through second grade and into her current third grade class. This year, the school received a 3D printer for the newly created Maker Space. I am very impressed with the projects they have worked on. I love that she is at a school where all of the teachers and administrators know her name and really care about her education and well being.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 20, 2015
Silva Grosser Fantastic teacher! Takes pride in her work and her students achievements. Always a structured and prepared teacher.

Hampstead Academy 2

Posted December 20, 2015
Not a strong enough academic program. The math curriculum is lacking in strong instruction and follow up.

Hampstead Academy 2

Posted May 05, 2015
Hampstead was not a good choice for our child. While the small school environment was good at times, it was also too small at other times. Sometimes there was not a big enough selection of friends with different interests. This was not necessarily a concern for our child most of the time BUT something to consider. Our main concern is the fact that the school has a very very poor math program at the middle school level which they have ignored for years, even after numerous complaints and requests from many parents for review. We supplemented at home with private tutors at an additional cost to our family. The problem comes down to loyalty among staff as opposed to hiring/firing when necessary. An age old problem with public schools that seems to plague this small school as well. This is not something our family thinks is what you "pay for". My child has now moved onto high school and is still suffering the effects of the poor math instruction and still continues with private tutors to try and play catch up. Although the school was a nurturing safe environment, it was not a school suited to a child moving onto a rigorous academic high school.

320 East Road, Hampstead, NH  03841