Hampton, NH

Posted May 13, 2010
There is a new administration this year ('09-'10) and they are much warmer than the previous administration. The reading program is excellent as are the arts. Overall, the only thing I would change if I could is more social studies and science in the curriculum.

Posted April 18, 2010
It is a great old building with a lot of 'heart'. The staff uses every inch of it to help the little kids learn and grow.The atmosphere is a school with 'home-like' feeling, where kids feel safe and happy.

Hampton Centre School 3

Posted May 16, 2009
I have children at this school. As an educator and parent, I have found there are many great teachers at this school and some who are not. I agree with former postings that the administration is stern and that the school facility is aging though appears safe. We've had very good luck with the SPED department and as for academics, the Reading program is excellent. I am still undecided about Everyday Math. I wish there were more time for social studies and science and less worksheets overall. Kindergarten gives too much homework in my opinion. Parent-teacher communication is very good in my experience.

Hampton Centre School 3

Posted December 22, 2008
There are/were some decent teachers here, but unfortunately there are also those who seem to be burned out and awaiting retirement. The principal appears rigid and is not a good listener. The facility is a dump - not their fault - but so bad that my daughter would wait all day to get home to use the bathroom because of the spiders at school. They did do a nice job on the playground, and the music and art teachers (now moved on or retired) were very good.

Posted October 16, 2008
My son has aspergers and Centre school has gone above and beyond our expectations in helping him. Awesome school

Posted August 25, 2008
I think Centre school is wonderful. My son has benefitted from his teacher as well as special education staff. The school work curriculum is challenging, promoting a very superb educational foundation to these young elementary kids. The building could use some new paint but aside from that- great school.

Hampton Centre School 2

Posted November 09, 2005
Always be sceptical when a school does not list it's testing results! Compared to other schools, Centre school does have a 'subdued' atmosphere. We also have encountered many parents who have had 'issues' with the stern principal. But the school does indeed have colorful playground equipment.

Posted December 30, 2004
The school has many caring and compassionate people amongst it's staff. This is however our first year with Centre School, with my son enrolled full-time. My son enjoys his teacher and the classroom which is very functional and fun for him to be in. They have a terrific new playground and the parents here are very involved. Mrs. Andrews, Mrs. Spires, Mrs. Jacobson, The Special Education Department, Secretaries, Nurse and School Counselors have done a wonderful job with our son and I believe your children would also enjoy Centre School. I would like to comment on the remark by the student teacher, most parents at the school I have found to be very caring and involved, just like teachers their are the good and the bad.

Hampton Centre School 5

Posted December 13, 2004
I was previously a student at this school and am now a student teacher. The teachers are loving and able. The only faults lay with the parents who do not discipline and encourage their children and the narrow-minded people who make judgments about that which they know nothing of. The reason for a possible seperation from SAU21 is only relevant at the high school level and has to do with the number of towns (5) the high school must accommodate as part of SAU21 system. However, separation from the SAU21 system may allow for more challenging curriculum and better quality of educators for our children in this school as well.

Hampton Centre School 2

Posted March 14, 2004
This school is run by ultra-conservative administrators who are better suited to running a hardcore home for troubled youths rather than an elementary school. Hampton curiously has no data available for their acheivement levels, and they are presently trying to leave SAU 21 and be their own entity, creating their own little world of 'Stepford' children and teachers. This is a school of economically advantaged children with a scholastic disadvantage.

53 Winnacunnet Rd, Hampton, NH  03842