Bad
Good

There is a new administration this year ('09-'10) and they are much warmer than the previous administration. The reading program is excellent as are the arts. Overall, the only thing I would change if I could is more social studies and science in the curriculum.

It is a great old building with a lot of 'heart'. The staff uses every inch of it to help the little kids learn and grow.The atmosphere is a school with 'home-like' feeling, where kids feel safe and happy.

I have children at this school. As an educator and parent, I have found there are many great teachers at this school and some who are not. I agree with former postings that the administration is stern and that the school facility is aging though appears safe. We've had very good luck with the SPED department and as for academics, the Reading program is excellent. I am still undecided about Everyday Math. I wish there were more time for social studies and science and less worksheets overall. Kindergarten gives too much homework in my opinion. Parent-teacher communication is very good in my experience.

There are/were some decent teachers here, but unfortunately there are also those who seem to be burned out and awaiting retirement. The principal appears rigid and is not a good listener. The facility is a dump - not their fault - but so bad that my daughter would wait all day to get home to use the bathroom because of the spiders at school. They did do a nice job on the playground, and the music and art teachers (now moved on or retired) were very good.

My son has aspergers and Centre school has gone above and beyond our expectations in helping him. Awesome school

I think Centre school is wonderful. My son has benefitted from his teacher as well as special education staff. The school work curriculum is challenging, promoting a very superb educational foundation to these young elementary kids. The building could use some new paint but aside from that- great school.

Last modified Hampton Centre School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2