Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted January 16, 2016
I am currently a student who has been in the special education program since 4th grade. I can't say that I was the best student before I reached high school but I managed. Freshman year was awful but I thought it was because of the transition from middle to high. Sophomore year was no better. I got an iep at the beginning of sophomore year because I thought it was my fault I was failing when it was the staff who didn't know how to handle students with disabilities. The iep didn't do any good, the only thing I got out of it was constant disrespect and patronization. Teachers often disregarded accommodations that I needed to get through class and talked to me like I was 5. Even the people who were supposed to be specialist treated me like that and regularly disregarded almost every word that came out of my mouth (specifically Dr. Sanders-Dame). Special educators Jackie King and Kelly Przybyla are by far the worst. They are terrible "educators" who talk to children with disabilities the same way you talk to a dog To get to the point; if you value your child and their education, avoid this sad excuse of a school like the plague

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted January 16, 2016
Mrs. Rooney. You are one of the nicest people at the school and the only one I can go to when I am on the verge of a panic attack

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 16, 2016
While most teachers at this school are kind and understanding, the ones that should be at least decent are not

Hillsboro-Deering High School 3

Posted September 01, 2014
I am a student at this school. The school has definitely changed a lot in the past few years. For better or for worse. The math department needs a lot of work. I have had two teachers in this school for math both have had a lot of trouble engaging with the class. On the other hand the English, Social Studies, and Language are all acceptable the teachers know how to connect with students and help the students get better in the subject. So the way I see it is that if the math department was revamped then I could see this school being a much better school.

Posted August 24, 2013
I am a student at this high school. There are multiple things wrong with this school such as teacher/student relationships, horrible cafeteria food, and rude staff. If students are friends with teachers, they don't get punished. This is unfair to others and is clearly BS! Even though the school has to have healthy foods, they tend to literally throw frozen food in an oven, not cook it fully, and then feed us small rations of what we like, but big rations of what we don't. Also, the Vice Principal is the person that makes this school horrible. Miss Jennifer Crawford talks down to the students she doesn't like (which is 99%) and treats the students she likes as royalty. She gives harsh punishments or no punishments (nothing in between). Overall, she's a B!+ #

Posted January 02, 2013
Hillsboro remains at the bottom of the state for many reasons. Partly because of the student body, but mostly because the community members do not value what happens in the school. Add to that a administration that turns over every year or two, and a superintendents office that provides little to no direction or support. They are stuck in a perfect storm and will remain there for a while. I and many other people have made the commitment to bring our children to Concord for private school. I suggest others do the same.

Hillsboro-Deering High School 4

Posted December 31, 2012
The school has really taken a turn this year. The principal is wonderful with the students, and from what I hear, and teachers also. More people are trying to help each other, students are taking the initiative to change things, teachers are taking the initiative to change things, everyone is trying HARDER. There is a wide variety of classes, the teachers are wonderful, and the atmosphere is just radiating a positivity that I haven't felt before. I don't really agree the the School Board, or the things they are doing. Teachers are more than teachers here. They are full blown educators. I've been to three other school in New Hampshire and this one by far, in my opinion, is the best.

Posted May 15, 2012
The school board allows the district to break laws, violate policies, ignore education rules and disrespect parents....and then want to blame the community for failing to educate. There are great teachers in the high school as well as the elementary school but unfortunately they could only do so much with the administrators they have to work under. The low rate is for the management of the school, not the teachers.

Hillsboro-Deering High School 5

Posted March 25, 2012
I attend this school and I love it(: It gives me a lot of opportunities that I will use throughout life!! I have great teachers and I know almost everybody in the school.

Posted April 18, 2011
What a great site? If you want to give a unfavorable rating it still gives you two stars? What gives? The Hillsboro school is a complete joke. As a result of a terrible superintendent 2004-2009 the school is in the bottom five fo the state. The community is not supportive of the school or the education that exists there. Many of the reasons for this are valid. There are many actions of faculty and students which would be arrestable in other schools, however go untouched there. I am a administrator in another town and my children will NEVER attend the Hillsboro Schools.

12 Hillcat Dr, Hillsboro, NH  03244
Last modified Hillsboro-Deering High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.