Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Lack of leadership pretty much says it all. This lack of leadership is backed 100% by the local school board. Regardless of what happens inside these walls it is covered up and lied about top down. Students are never where they belong, and never held accountable. Teachers have no support and are thrown under the bus consistently. Because of this chaos there is rampant drug problems, bullying, sexual harassment, and fighting. Consider another school option.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Expectations are not held very high. If a student complains the least little bit about anything school related rest assured it will be nullified.

As the parent of an Alvirne student I am disgusted with what goes on what goes on in this school. My daughter has been bullied for two years now and nothing gets done. Mr. Beals just brushed it off like it was nothing. Recently a student created a hit list . Students don't feel safe. K

The school has deteriorated fast over the last two years. There is no leadership within the building. The principal has no interest in communicating with staff. He acts like one of the kids, and lets them do whatever they please. This has created a mess. Grafiti on our building in and out, more fights, more drugs, alcohol at events, etc. There is no accountability for students. And no support for staff. Alvirne was the best place to work and learn until Principal Beals arrived.

It has an ANDII :D She is an awesome and amazing girl :3 to to to to to to to to to is that 15 words yet?

I love Alvirne it is the best school I've gon to so far! Everyone is so nice and welcoming. Ecspecially Mr.Lane!

Alvirne High School is a wonderfully developed school. Aside from the lack of public funding, Alvirne is very involved in the community and takes a great deal of pride in its students. It has a brilliant principle, Mr. Lane, and it has a fa nominal academic curriculum. Alvirne is a public high school that has a vocational wing which boasts an onsite farm, restaurant, florist, kennel, Hallmark store and much more.

I have to say I am pleased with this high school. My daughter's teachcers this year were FABULOUS! I cannot show or express my appreciation and respect for all them. They are there when you need them, and the staff will help you to succeed if you do ask. They were patient and caring and I have to say Thank you to all of you. The principal is in every acitivity. His involvment have made AHS a better place to be and to learn. I have hope for the football team. The director of the Sports department very caring and professional. The extracurriculums actvities and clubs are there for everyone to join. Please do, they are fantastic and you meet so many people and make your HS experience a memorable one.

I transferred to Alvirne my junior year and was absolutely blown away. Coming from a smaller, less established school, i was impressed by all of the class options and levels as well as other opportunities in sports and clubs. I found Alvirne to be much better suited to my needs and I feel it prepared me well for college. The teachers, principal, and guidance staff are all willing to listen and help if you are willing to put yourself out there and ask. I'm incredibly happy with everything I got out of Alvirne in my time there.

This is not a pro-active school, nor are many of its faculty problem solvers when issues are brought to their attention.

Last modified Alvirne High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.