Hudson, NH

Nottingham West Elementary School 2

Posted September 22, 2014
Since the town incorporated all grade 2-5 together, this school went downhill. The Assist Principal who just started would write up my 2nd grader for making "poor decisions" so much, that he was flagged as a "red" threat. His poor decisions consisted of missing the school bus in the afternoon and throwing dirt at a child who was teasing him. The teacher that my 4th grader had last year was so inept that I pulled him & my other son out of the school in April of the school year. I am now noticing that the beloved principal, Mr. Durso, is no longer the principal. It's too bad that this school lost its small town, comfy feel. I own a home in this town and purposely rent it out to avoid this school system entirely. Field trips here are minimal, if any. The school we now attend have 3+ per year and include a pen pal club to other district schools. My main issue with this school is their attempt to diagnose every child who walks through their doors. Test after test concludes my kids are fine; this school's "recommendations" include ADHD, Autism "spectrum", etc. Fortunately, I did not take their word over professionals. In my kids new school, they are miraculously cured.

Nottingham West Elementary School 4

Posted June 27, 2011
First off I have to agree with the last parent. My child was in one of the kindergarten classes and The teacher was amazing. I was so thrilled after the first time I met her that my daughter was going to be taught by such a wonderful lady. What a wonderful way to enter your educational experience. I wish all teacher's could be as involved and as caring. Having said that. My elder child went to Nottingham from 2nd to 5th grade and she had amazing teachers up until 5th. We hit a VERY rough patch. She was very rude and absolutely anti parental involvement. I was very very shocked that any one would even hire her to teach children, as she could scare even an adult. Besides that this school was amazing as far as the open communication and the caring of the teachers.

Posted May 25, 2011
I absolutely love the kindergarten program in this school! What a fantastic bridge from home to 1st grade. My daughter has her unique way of doing things and she can be somewhat of a challenge. The teachers are amazing with her, they do take the time to redirect her "energy" and put her on the right path to learning. I love the open communication we have with the teachers. Mrs. Blackwell is an awesome person and a great teacher. When she recognizes a tiny spark of interest in a child, she goes the extra mile to encourage that child to do more. I am very pleased and I wish I could keep my daughter in Kindergarten for the rest of her life - it has been such a rewarding time - all thanks to the teachers and NWES!

Posted April 28, 2011
So far our kindergarten experience, heading into the final months, has been wonderful. Our son's special needs were met as well as possible under the circumstances, and my son enjoys going to school. Ms. Stanley is a truly great teacher who cares about her kids.

Nottingham West Elementary School 4

Posted November 01, 2010
I am truly shocked to see these remarks! I have 2 children in this school and I have been a parent here for 5 years. I have had experience with staff, administrators, special Ed, TAT services and PTO and I have had a wonderful partnership with them. Like with most experiences in life, the more you know and understand the better your outcome. I have had various experiences with schools, coming from a top ten MA school to NH wasn't an easy transition, but Nottingham has been great from the beginning!

Nottingham West Elementary School 1

Posted May 07, 2010
I wouldn't even give this school 1 star if I had the choice. The Secial Ed department is the worst I have ever seen. The administrators lie and cover up facts. If you have a child with special needs, I would definitely consider sending them to another school. I finally pulled my child out of this school after 4 miseralbe years and my child is thriving.

Nottingham West Elementary School 1

Posted January 28, 2009
I had 2 chlidren attend this school. I would advise driving your child to school. Discipline is not evenly hand out. Far too much parent involvement in key areas. Teachers only teach from inside the box and seldomly reach out to students having a tough time. Hills Garrison is a much better choice

Posted December 17, 2008

Posted June 23, 2008
What a wonderful school. My first grader had a fantastic year! Mrs Garas' rocks!!!

Posted March 21, 2004

Nottingham West Elementary School
10 Pelham Rd, Hudson, NH  03051
Last modified Nottingham West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nottingham West Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top