Bad
Good

We moved here in October, my fourth grader has Mrs. Vesey. She is so amazing. She really takes the time to get to the bottom of his issues. She takes the time to call me when he is having problems and discusses them with me. She picks books for the class to read based on what the kids will enjoy to read and what will hold their interests. She actually has a little pizza party for my son and his friend during recess to celebrate the huge improvement on his STAR assessment scores! The office staff is wonderful. I often have to dismiss my son for doctor appointments and they recognized me on sight after only a few visits, and are always friendly. The report cards are a little difficult to decipher, though.

First off I have to agree with the last parent. My child was in one of the kindergarten classes and The teacher was amazing. I was so thrilled after the first time I met her that my daughter was going to be taught by such a wonderful lady. What a wonderful way to enter your educational experience. I wish all teacher's could be as involved and as caring. Having said that. My elder child went to Nottingham from 2nd to 5th grade and she had amazing teachers up until 5th. We hit a VERY rough patch. She was very rude and absolutely anti parental involvement. I was very very shocked that any one would even hire her to teach children, as she could scare even an adult. Besides that this school was amazing as far as the open communication and the caring of the teachers.

I absolutely love the kindergarten program in this school! What a fantastic bridge from home to 1st grade. My daughter has her unique way of doing things and she can be somewhat of a challenge. The teachers are amazing with her, they do take the time to redirect her "energy" and put her on the right path to learning. I love the open communication we have with the teachers. Mrs. Blackwell is an awesome person and a great teacher. When she recognizes a tiny spark of interest in a child, she goes the extra mile to encourage that child to do more. I am very pleased and I wish I could keep my daughter in Kindergarten for the rest of her life - it has been such a rewarding time - all thanks to the teachers and NWES!

So far our kindergarten experience, heading into the final months, has been wonderful. Our son's special needs were met as well as possible under the circumstances, and my son enjoys going to school. Ms. Stanley is a truly great teacher who cares about her kids.

I am truly shocked to see these remarks! I have 2 children in this school and I have been a parent here for 5 years. I have had experience with staff, administrators, special Ed, TAT services and PTO and I have had a wonderful partnership with them. Like with most experiences in life, the more you know and understand the better your outcome. I have had various experiences with schools, coming from a top ten MA school to NH wasn't an easy transition, but Nottingham has been great from the beginning!

I wouldn't even give this school 1 star if I had the choice. The Secial Ed department is the worst I have ever seen. The administrators lie and cover up facts. If you have a child with special needs, I would definitely consider sending them to another school. I finally pulled my child out of this school after 4 miseralbe years and my child is thriving.

I had 2 chlidren attend this school. I would advise driving your child to school. Discipline is not evenly hand out. Far too much parent involvement in key areas. Teachers only teach from inside the box and seldomly reach out to students having a tough time. Hills Garrison is a much better choice

What a wonderful school. My first grader had a fantastic year! Mrs Garas' rocks!!!

Last modified Nottingham West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.