No rating

Presentation of Mary Academy

Private | PK-8 | 440 students

Our school is best know for Academic Excellence.

Living in Hudson

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $202,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,040.

Posted February 19, 2013

My son transferred to PMA a couple of years ago and it has been great. Yes it is expensive but you know you are getting a great school. My son had problems in the public schools and because the school denied the problems he ended up missing 40 days of school in one year. Since he has been in PMA he has only missed school when he has been extremely sick, which is under 10 days. He gets up and wants to go to school be he loves the school. I have the best mornings now because I know that he is in a great school and with great people. We both have felt welcomed by eveyone. It is a catholic school so yes there is a religion class and they do go to church but there is a big focus on the rest of the academics as well. They focus on everything so the children have a well rounded education. My son loves learning spanish too. Sr. Maria is involved with the children, she is at most events and she knows what is going on at all times. Sr. Maria and the rest of the staff are all wonderfull and they make you feel very welcomed. It was the first school I looked at and the only school I looked at for my son because I had know kids that had gone there when I was younger. I also am a proud parent!

Posted February 19, 2013

My three boys have attended PMA. My eldest son is now attending Bishop Guertin, doing wonderfully because of the academic preparation he received at PMA. We send our children to school to learn and have the knowledge they need to go out in the world and succeed. My healthy, eleven year old son unexpectedly passed away in his sleep less than three years ago. One of the few things I recall from that morning is Sister Maria being at my door. She knows each child by name. Sister offered my eldest son a place to sit and cry when he was having hard days missing his brother. Sister Maria made certain that every staff member was AED/CPR certified when we found out my youngest son, had the same unknown genetic condition that my middle child passed from, She did that to protect my child. When we send our children to school for the day or anywhere for that matter, we want to know they are safe and protected. My son told my husband and I that school is his safe" place. Education is important but don t we want our children to not only learn math and english but also compassion, kindness, and gratitude? In addition to the academics, our children learn values that help shape their character.

Posted February 19, 2013

My three kids started at PMA 4 1/2 years ago. Not once have we worried what teacher our kids would get because we have been happy with each and every one of them. The teachers and administrators are invested in each and every child there whether they are in their class or not. Yes the academics are rigorous and the kids are very well prepared, but I feel it is the tight knit family and supportive atmosphere that makes PMA the best.

Posted February 19, 2013

LOVE PMA!!! My daughter has been at the school since Pre-K and is now in 2nd grade and my son is in K. The teachers are wonderful!! My daughter is a bright girl and she is constantly challenged at school. I hear what my friend's children are learning in public school and she is learning a lot more. Sister Maria is so wonderful!!! She has the students best interest at all times. Ii also love the diversity of the school. I think my kids experience way more cultures at this school than they would at public school. Can't say enough positive things about PMA.

Posted February 19, 2013

We pulled our three children out of the public school system, and placed them in PMA. We could not be happier with the principle or teachers. Our children are thriving! The school is spotless. The education is excellent. Go see for your selves, do not go by what you read on the internet, it doesn't do the school any justice. The harsh reviews don't make any sense, they actually sound ridiculous. My children ADORE Sister Maria, the nurse, and all the teachers. It's like one big family. This school is a hidden gem!

Posted February 19, 2013

I absolutely love PMA. My daughter is in the Pre-K class and I couldn't be any happier with how much she has excelled going to this school. Her teacher is wonderful and always in contact should she have a question or just wants to let me know about something that had happened during the day. I wanted to have my daughter try this out before we decided to send her to Kindergarten at PMA so we have and our only choice is going to PMA for Kindergarten. She is so excited and she loves her teacher, friends and this school. It really is amazing how much she has learned and how much more she knows than some 6 year olds and she is only 4! Amazing, amazing, amazing is all I can say. If you are looking for a great school and education for your child I would recommend PMA over and over again.

Posted February 18, 2013

I have been involved at PMA for 10 years now and LOVE everything about the school. My daughter attended from Kindergarten and graduated last year and went on to Bishop Guertin High School where she is and honor student and feels PMA has prepared her well for BG. My son has attended PMA since he was 4 and is currently in the 4th grade and all his teachers have been caring and nurturing to him and have helped him in so many wonderful ways! I as a parent have been very involved with PMA for many years and will continue to be. I was here when Sr. Maria came to PMA and to me she has been a wonderful principal and has done so much for the school and for the students. I'm very satisfied and so glad my children have and do attend PMA I feel they have received and excellent education and have become well rounded individuals. People are always telling me what polite caring children I have and some comes from home but I do believe a lot comes from PMA and the wonderful teachers and staff. Thank you PMA I am a proud parent!!!

Posted February 16, 2013

This is our 4th year at PMA. This is a wonderful school. Our children have received an exceptional education. The teachers are all educated and caring, and Sister Maria, the principal, is wonderful. I have never seen a school where children "want" to see the principal. My children give her hugs every time they see her. PMA instills values and manners that children need (and do not always get these days). The school itself is beautiful, and also has a new playground and turf athletic field. We could not have picked a better school for our children.

Posted February 4, 2013

This is the worst school for academic learning. My child learned more after switching to the town school than he did at PMA. If you want you kid to focus and excel more on the Catholic education then this might be the best school for you. The School focus is more on Catholic education than Math/Science/Reading. They would skip teaching you other subjects on any given day but would never skip the Religion class. Unproven and inexperienced Teachers are given a classroom who are learning as they go. The school is very filthy and kids are sick most of the time. Principal Maria is the most egoistic and rude person I have met. She treats the children as her own personal cleaners.

Posted September 5, 2012

BEST Thing we have done for our KIDS! LOVE the School and Have had ONLY GREAT Experiences with Sr. Maria the Principal. Teachers are caring and AWESOME!!!! This is our 5th year and we are so HAPPY to have made PMA our School!

Posted January 21, 2010

This school has the best teachers and the best learning in the state of New Hampshire! Also their princepal: Sister Maria Rosa is the best ever! She never yells at you!
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 15, 2009

My son has been at PMA for the past 4 years and will never send him back there again after this year. The principal doesn't see a need for a guidance counselor, doesn't have a full-time nurse (the one who was there left because of the new administration) and the classes are overcrowded. The principal is not very hands on and doesn't appear to take much stock in the opinions of the parents and children. If you are in the Nashua area and you are looking for a private school you are better off with Infant Jesus. I'm disappointed that I even have to give the school a negative rating, but I think people have the right to know. I can't endorse a school that fires a guidance counselor and hires a fundraiser.

Posted March 1, 2009

A great environment for a child! Love it ! The faculty and the principal are very helpful and caring ! Keep up the good work!

Posted September 9, 2008

The school is wonderful and the teachers are great. Years ago, I would have highly recomend it to anyone. But not now. The administration has lost it's focus on education. It is not a nurturing environment.

Posted August 1, 2008

I'm a graduate of Presentation of Mary Academy and can say without a doubt that the education I learned opened so many wonderful doors in my life. Anyone who asks me where would I send my child, I tell them Presentation of Mary Academy.

Posted October 10, 2007

This is a great school with a very caring and attentive faculty that really go above and beyond the call of duty in many ways. The Sisters really add a friendly and distinguished atmosphere to the beautiful campus. I have 2 children in 2nd and 3rd grade and they look forward to going to school everyday. The academics and curriculum are challenging, the after school care and activities are great. Library, gym, music, art during school. The school is culturally diverse which is important in fostering tolerance and understanding of different cultures. Be aware you will need to spend time everyday to help your young child manage their education, this is the best part overall as far as I am concerned. Be involved and keep them positive about their work!

Posted December 20, 2005

My daughter attended PMA for Kindergarten and is now in the 1st Grade. We are very happy with the quality of the academics. My daughter seems to be learning things that are taught in the 2nd grade in the public school. The teachers seem to really care about getting to know the kids as individuals and we feel like our daughter is in a very safe, nurturing environment.

Posted September 20, 2005

My children came from public ed. What my 1st grader is learning is what my duaghter learned in nashua school system in the first part of 2nd grade. The education is top notch, the teachers, and faculty are very warm caring and nurturing. All students k-8 can participate in school wide activities. Very innovated, up beat, ahead of its time.

Posted August 10, 2003

For 75 years Presentation of Mary has been educating children. The students are challenged and nurtured while building lifelong friendship during their nine years at PMA. My children are blessed to have attended.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 17% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Security personnel
Special education coordinator
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff French
Spanish
Portuguese
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

• Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Swimming pool
Clubs
  • Martial arts (judo, tae kwon do, karate, etc)

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 7:45 am
School end time
  • 2:30 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Sister Maria Rosa, pm
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Service learning
  • Social justice
  • Technology
  • Writing
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
  • Swimming pool
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

• Drama
Media arts
  • Graphics

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Book/reading club
  • Drama club
  • Foreign language club: French
  • Girl scouts
  • Homework help/study buddy club
  • Martial arts (judo, tae kwon do, karate, etc)
  • National Honor Society

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor