No rating

Presentation of Mary Academy

Private | PK-8 | 440 students

Our school is best know for Academic Excellence.

Living in Hudson

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $202,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,040.

Posted June 20, 2014

Wow, PMA and Sister Maria has outdone themselves. There was an average of about 1 review a year till Feb 2013 and then after 1 negative review Sister Maria got her minions to fill it up with nothing but positive reviews. I concur with the parent of the negative review. This just proves the point for me how the school is run. Enough said.

Posted June 20, 2014

I can easily say that the leadership qualities of the school's head, Sr. Maria Rosa, are extremely poor. Unfortunately, Sr. Maria is very two-faced. It is typical of her to act in such a way around parents of the school, and further on act in a completely different manner around the students(Rude, degrading, etc.). Although I am a firm believer in structure there is no need for her shallow treatment of even the oldest students at PMA. She has parents of the school fully convinced that students are in an enabling and nurturing environment which is very untrue. Sr Maria has two primary focuses- Fundraising and decorating the interior of the school. She takes little to no interest in the school's academic program whatsoever. Unfortunately, the school, under the power of Sr. Maria, is ran like a business with a main focus on money. If you're looking to keep your child/children at PMA until eighth grade, I would advise you not to. Overall the academic program is solid but standard; PMA is absolutely nothing special.

Posted June 6, 2014

I took my daughter out of hudson public school (5th grade) in October of this year and sent her to PMA. The public school is full of bully kids and drama. She LOVES PMA. The other kids, teachers,and principal were the best helping my daughter through the transition of a new school. My daughter has learned so much this year we can't wait until next year!

Posted May 13, 2014

Please read all the comments.... Funny??? Sister Maria's name is mentioned to be so wonderful over and over.... what's the chance of that. Sad to see she writes her own reviews to hide her nonsense, and all on the same date too, not very bright either...Hello parents... Don't waist your time... go elsewhere...your children will not be happy around her....loved school until she came to town:(

Posted February 20, 2013

My daughters have been attending school there since pre-kindergarten and are now in third and fourth grade. I am always excited to have my children share their day and learning experiences. This is truly an educational community in the fact that my daughters' pre-K teacher follows up on their learning, grades, and if they have adjusted bad habits, like talking during class. The teachers and administrative staff are continually looking to improve the school academically and through extracurricular activities. I have always been impressed with their handling of situations and their communication with parents is top notch. My family is part of the PMA learning community and I value that each day. Parents are encouraged to get involved appropriately and have never felt that my concerns were unheard or not dealt with properly. I have the utmost respect for the teachers, paraprofessionals, and everyone else who works in the school. Thank you!

Posted February 20, 2013

I am quite shocked to see negative comments regarding PMA. My daughter has been going since second grade (we transferred her from public school), she is currently in the fourth grade and is truly prospering from the wonderful education. Although demanding, it is fair and the kids excel based on this . If you are looking for a school with an excellent academic program as well as a sense of family and community, you can not go wrong here. We love PMA and my son will be joining the PMA family next year in kindergarten.

Posted February 20, 2013

I myself graduated from Presentation of Mary and feel very blessed to be able to send my two children to PMA. I have two daughters who have been at PMA since they started Kindergarten..now one is in 5th grade and one in 3rd. I believe the academic program is challenging while at the same time my children are learning values that with the proper education will promote them to be strong women. My youngest daughter has had some issues with 3rd grade math and I must say her teacher was AMAZING at communicating with me and helping my daughter learn in the various ways she needed to excel. Sometimes you don't realize a great school or a great teacher until something goes wrong. My daughters will graduate from PMA and I am proud to say I did too!

Posted February 20, 2013

PMA is a great school with a strong focus on academics. Their demonstrated commitment to academics is why we send both of our children there. Most other schools just talk about it. PMA teachers are top notch and really foster strong parental involvement in all aspects of the school activities. We love that our kids have homework and actually bring their books home to study. Discipline is a core theme interwoven into all aspects of education for each student. Self-discipline, accountability, and focus are just some of the traits PMA teaches and nurtures. The school administration is top notch. Sister Maria is tireless in her dedication to PMA. The campus is beautiful with easy access to Rt 3. The new field and planned new gym are nice additions but the core focus is still on academics. Tuition for two children is a challenge but we consider it the best money spent as we are investing in our children s future. Fundraising is near constant and parking is a bit rough but these are trivialities when evaluating what is important. We feel confident we are preparing our children to excel in high school, college, and in a globally competitive world.

Posted February 19, 2013

My kids transferred to PMA in the middle of the school year from another local catholic school a few years ago... Our family was IMMEDIATELY welcomed with open arms....the academics at PMA are VERY rigorous and the teachers are always revising their curriculum to reflect new information, teaching methods, and technology. Administration from local Catholic High Schools has told me that children from PMA are VERY well prepared for High School and have the study skills and organizational skills to help ease their transition to High School..... PMA promotes activities that teach students to take personal responsibility and to give back to those in need. PMA expectations are high because they strive for excellent character and academic development of all their students. The faint of heart need not apply! And I mean that as a compliment !!

Posted February 19, 2013

My daughter is a kindergarten student at PMA. I had researched many private schools in the area and during that time I read some of the negative posts. I was skeptical at first, so I began questioning mothers in the grocery store that had children with the school uniform on. I NEVER heard a bad comment. My husband and I made a appointment to tour the school and were very impressed with the condition/cleanliness of the school. My daughter had a very hard time for the first few months (separation anxiety) and the school (especially her teacher) could not of been more positive and kind. Even through her anxiety my daughter has amazed me by how far she has come academically. I volunteer often and have gotten to know Sr. Maria and I can say that from everything I see, the bad reviews are completely wrong. She expects respectful and responsible students but does so with love and even a bit of humor. Other than a great education ( both academically and in religion) isn't this why we enroll our children into private school? My husband and I are extremely pleased with PMA and are proud to tell people we are part of this school.

Posted February 19, 2013

I have found nothing but excellent education and love at PMA. My daughter has been there from kinder all the way through middle school, and I now have another child starting her education there as well. My children has received the utmost excellent education from experienced teachers and I would not have it any other way for my children. Sister Maria is kind and does get things done, but like I read before, I doubt as well, that there would not be an athletic field and beautiful playground if it wasn't for Sister Maria. She has helped our family in many ways, and we will continue to recommend PMA to other families.

Posted February 19, 2013

We love PMA! Originally we were just going to use the school for full day kindergarten for our oldest but once we were members of the PMA family we couldn't imagine any of our 3 children going anywhere else. It is such a loving and nurturing environment yet the children are held accountable for their actions and taught to be caring, responsible, socially conscience members of society. PMA has very high academic standards but the wonderful teachers are there every step of the way to help and encourage the children to reach higher and achieve more. And I cannot say enough wonderful things about the principal, Sister Maria. My children just adore her, as do I. She is so involved in every aspect of the school....she's there to greet the kids in carline, to pick up the mess with the kids after lunch, to set up tirelessly for every school event, dance, fundraiser, etc., or just to give a child a hug in the hallway as they run up to fling their little bodies at her legs! PMA just wouldn't be the same without her! I can say with unwavering confidence that my 3 children are getting the best education, both academically and spiritually, in Southern NH. Thank you PMA!

Posted February 19, 2013

I switched my child from a public school to PMA last year and have not looked back. My child was welcomed with open arms and we feel that PMA has a rigorous academic environment that is very broad-based. My daughter brings home her textbooks to study and we can actually see what she is learning. She loves her teacher and although my child is shy, she is starting to make many friends and loves learning Spanish. We have found the administration and prinicipal, Sr. Maria Rosa, to be wonderful, caring and very involved positively with the school. She has been nothing but kind and loving to my child and we love that she is learning about all subjects, including religion. I believe that you have to find the right fit for your child and sometimes that means you have to look to a private school, as we did, and we do not regret our decision. We love PMA!

Posted February 19, 2013

We LOVE PMA and highly recommend this school for its high standards in academic excellence and for its wonderful sense of community among the children, teachers, parents and staff. Our children have attended PMA for almost 4 years and we know its the best decision we have made for both of them. The teachers all genuinely care for each student and raise them to high standards not only academically but also socially and morally. Sr Maria Rosa is our wonderful principal who has done so much for our students. Her main priority is for the well being of each student. She strives to make sure the school is always progressing forward in all aspects and has raised funds to install Smartboards in each classroom, build a new playground and added a top notch athletic field to help grow our athletic program. Above all we LOVE the community at PMA. Parent involvement is often encouraged and we've gotten to know many wonderful families whom we know call friends through volunteering and participating in the many school events. If you want a school that expects the best from your child but also offers the best then PMA is for you!

Posted February 19, 2013

Our family chose PMA as our school nearly 10 years ago and we are still going strong there with 3 children. It's not financially easy for us to have 3 tuitions to budget for, but I know without a doubt that we have made the right decision to give our children the gift of education at PMA. They are excited to tell me about their days when I pick them up from school. They are earning excellent grades and are eager to learn thanks to the wonderful and well-qualified teachers. They are happy, safe and well-cared for during their school day. Most importantly, the focus on faith as the center and purpose of everything they do has helped nurture my kids into spiritually and socially responsible individuals. Sr Maria has boundless energy -she does indeed care about the students. She has sat down with each one of my children at report card time to review their grades and to give them feedback and encouragement. As our oldest prepares for graduation this year, we look back on the years and ask ourselves, "was it worth it?" And our answer is always, "yes, definitely!" I could say much more, but in short, PMA is a great school.

Posted February 19, 2013

I just read the negative reviews on PMA on this website and I feel like they are talking about a different school. I currently have two children at PMA and one that graduated last year. My oldest son is thriving in a very competitive high school and carrying honors level classes. He was very well prepared. I feel that the academic rigors and strong Christian based education have made him the well rounded person he is today. He readily admits that the background he received at PMA made the transition to high school easy. When people ask me about PMA I always say that it has worked for each of my children in different ways. Sister Maria has always been there for us with sound advice, forward thinking direction and much needed hugs. No school is perfect, however, there are so many positives at PMA they completely outweigh the negatives. If you are considering a private school I recommend you visit the school and feel the excitement and joy that I feel every time I walk through the halls.

Posted February 19, 2013

We LOVE PMA. We transferred to PMA from another Catholic School after a very bad experience. My children were welcomed with open arms, and both have blossomed at the school. Sister Maria is a wonderful principal who cares about each student. I find the teachers to be involved, engaged and keep us well-informed. I don't regret for a second our decision to move my children to this school.

Posted February 19, 2013

We love PMA! It was an easy decision to send our children there after touring the school and meeting Sr. Maria and the staff. The quality of the education and the passion of the faculty and sister Maria to nurture and develop the students is amazing and inspiring. We look forward to many years of being part of the PMA family/community!

Posted February 19, 2013

I have had 3 children attend PMA over the last few years and it was the best decision I could have made. The education that my children have received has been top notch. The language and specialist classes offered by the school included in the tuition has been beneficial to all 3 children. My 4 year old is coming home each week and teaching us all her new spanish words and songs that she has learned in Pre K. It is amazing how the staff and other PMA families have treated us. It is wonderful to see how these kids all get along so well in and out of class. I would recommend PMA to anyone who is looking for a great school that strives to provide educational excellence!

Posted February 19, 2013

My son transferred to PMA a couple of years ago and it has been great. Yes it is expensive but you know you are getting a great school. My son had problems in the public schools and because the school denied the problems he ended up missing 40 days of school in one year. Since he has been in PMA he has only missed school when he has been extremely sick, which is under 10 days. He gets up and wants to go to school be he loves the school. I have the best mornings now because I know that he is in a great school and with great people. We both have felt welcomed by eveyone. It is a catholic school so yes there is a religion class and they do go to church but there is a big focus on the rest of the academics as well. They focus on everything so the children have a well rounded education. My son loves learning spanish too. Sr. Maria is involved with the children, she is at most events and she knows what is going on at all times. Sr. Maria and the rest of the staff are all wonderfull and they make you feel very welcomed. It was the first school I looked at and the only school I looked at for my son because I had know kids that had gone there when I was younger. I also am a proud parent!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 17% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Security personnel
Special education coordinator
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff French
Spanish
Portuguese
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

• Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Swimming pool
Clubs
  • Martial arts (judo, tae kwon do, karate, etc)

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 7:45 am
School end time
  • 2:30 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Sister Maria Rosa, pm
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Service learning
  • Social justice
  • Technology
  • Writing
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
  • Swimming pool
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

• Drama
Media arts
  • Graphics

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Book/reading club
  • Drama club
  • Foreign language club: French
  • Girl scouts
  • Homework help/study buddy club
  • Martial arts (judo, tae kwon do, karate, etc)
  • National Honor Society

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor