Hudson, NH
Before care: Yes

Presentation of Mary Academy 3

Posted September 24, 2014
The teachers at PMA are WONDERFUL -kind, dedicated and devoted to the kids. Academically, my child who graduated is currently in all honors and AP classes in high school and doing well so no real complaints. The math program could be better-the public middle school offers a program for advanced students that allows them to skip Algebra 1 and Geometry and go straight to Honors Algebra 2. Strong math students from PMA can only go into Honors Geometry. About the principal - As a business woman, she is fantastic. As a spiritual leader and role model - not so much.She plays favorites among the parents (esp. the ones with money) but seems to treat the kids fairly. There is bullying at this school just like at any other. If the teachers are aware they do try their best to intervene. But bullies are usually sneaky so it can still be a problem. The school is small so if your child ends up in a grade that includes not so nice kids or kids he/she doesn't click with, they are kind of stuck. My oldest is happier at the public high school with more kids to choose from but my younger one seems to thrive in the smaller school. Overall a good school but not the utopia some reviews are describing.

Presentation of Mary Academy 1

Posted August 06, 2014
My child came home to me one day and told me how Sr. Maria is making him do chores. He said sometimes she even takes me out of class. I sent my child there for Religion thatd the only reason why he was there. I even think that my child is better in the town school then he was in PMA. Good Job Sr.Maria

Presentation of Mary Academy 1

Posted June 20, 2014
Wow, PMA and Sister Maria has outdone themselves. There was an average of about 1 review a year till Feb 2013 and then after 1 negative review Sister Maria got her minions to fill it up with nothing but positive reviews. I concur with the parent of the negative review. This just proves the point for me how the school is run. Enough said.

Presentation of Mary Academy 2

Posted June 20, 2014
I can easily say that the leadership qualities of the school's head, Sr. Maria Rosa, are extremely poor. Unfortunately, Sr. Maria is very two-faced. It is typical of her to act in such a way around parents of the school, and further on act in a completely different manner around the students(Rude, degrading, etc.). Although I am a firm believer in structure there is no need for her shallow treatment of even the oldest students at PMA. She has parents of the school fully convinced that students are in an enabling and nurturing environment which is very untrue. Sr Maria has two primary focuses- Fundraising and decorating the interior of the school. She takes little to no interest in the school's academic program whatsoever. Unfortunately, the school, under the power of Sr. Maria, is ran like a business with a main focus on money. If you're looking to keep your child/children at PMA until eighth grade, I would advise you not to. Overall the academic program is solid but standard; PMA is absolutely nothing special.

Posted June 06, 2014
I took my daughter out of hudson public school (5th grade) in October of this year and sent her to PMA. The public school is full of bully kids and drama. She LOVES PMA. The other kids, teachers,and principal were the best helping my daughter through the transition of a new school. My daughter has learned so much this year we can't wait until next year!

Presentation of Mary Academy 2

Posted May 13, 2014
Please read all the comments.... Funny??? Sister Maria's name is mentioned to be so wonderful over and over.... what's the chance of that. Sad to see she writes her own reviews to hide her nonsense, and all on the same date too, not very bright either...Hello parents... Don't waist your time... go elsewhere...your children will not be happy around her....loved school until she came to town:(

Posted February 20, 2013
My daughters have been attending school there since pre-kindergarten and are now in third and fourth grade. I am always excited to have my children share their day and learning experiences. This is truly an educational community in the fact that my daughters' pre-K teacher follows up on their learning, grades, and if they have adjusted bad habits, like talking during class. The teachers and administrative staff are continually looking to improve the school academically and through extracurricular activities. I have always been impressed with their handling of situations and their communication with parents is top notch. My family is part of the PMA learning community and I value that each day. Parents are encouraged to get involved appropriately and have never felt that my concerns were unheard or not dealt with properly. I have the utmost respect for the teachers, paraprofessionals, and everyone else who works in the school. Thank you!

Posted February 20, 2013
I am quite shocked to see negative comments regarding PMA. My daughter has been going since second grade (we transferred her from public school), she is currently in the fourth grade and is truly prospering from the wonderful education. Although demanding, it is fair and the kids excel based on this . If you are looking for a school with an excellent academic program as well as a sense of family and community, you can not go wrong here. We love PMA and my son will be joining the PMA family next year in kindergarten.

Posted February 20, 2013
I myself graduated from Presentation of Mary and feel very blessed to be able to send my two children to PMA. I have two daughters who have been at PMA since they started Kindergarten..now one is in 5th grade and one in 3rd. I believe the academic program is challenging while at the same time my children are learning values that with the proper education will promote them to be strong women. My youngest daughter has had some issues with 3rd grade math and I must say her teacher was AMAZING at communicating with me and helping my daughter learn in the various ways she needed to excel. Sometimes you don't realize a great school or a great teacher until something goes wrong. My daughters will graduate from PMA and I am proud to say I did too!

Posted February 20, 2013
PMA is a great school with a strong focus on academics. Their demonstrated commitment to academics is why we send both of our children there. Most other schools just talk about it. PMA teachers are top notch and really foster strong parental involvement in all aspects of the school activities. We love that our kids have homework and actually bring their books home to study. Discipline is a core theme interwoven into all aspects of education for each student. Self-discipline, accountability, and focus are just some of the traits PMA teaches and nurtures. The school administration is top notch. Sister Maria is tireless in her dedication to PMA. The campus is beautiful with easy access to Rt 3. The new field and planned new gym are nice additions but the core focus is still on academics. Tuition for two children is a challenge but we consider it the best money spent as we are investing in our children s future. Fundraising is near constant and parking is a bit rough but these are trivialities when evaluating what is important. We feel confident we are preparing our children to excel in high school, college, and in a globally competitive world.

Presentation of Mary Academy
182 Lowell Rd, Hudson, NH  03051
Last modified Presentation of Mary Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Presentation of Mary Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top