Posted April 08, 2015
PMA is an amazing school. My oldest son is currently in PreK, and my younger sons can't wait to go to the "big boy" school. I've been amazed by how much he has learned this year, as well as by how he has grown as a person. He is always excited to tell us about his day - music class, Spanish class, an experiment or a math exercise - and to show us all of the tracing/writing/coloring projects he has done. However, the part I don't think you can get at a public school is the focus on religion and being a good person. He often talks about Jesus or about the importance of being kind, accepting and loving our neighbors. PMA also has a fantastic group of teachers and an extremely active parents group that genuinely care for the children and works hard to find ways to make their school experience fun and rewarding while encouraging families to stay involved. While I was scared to make the switch at the start of the year, I've been thrilled with the results and am excited about what is to come.

Presentation of Mary Academy 3

Posted March 11, 2015
PMA is a good school. I live in Hudson and started my kids at PMA before there was public kindergarten. We liked it so decided to stay. Over the years we heard (from PMA parents) how much better the academics were. But now that my son has been at Alvirne for a while, I'm not sure that's true. He's doing great - PMA prepared him well. But there are many kids from the public middle school doing just as well. I don't think PMA gave him a big advantage. In fact because PMA only offers Algebra to 8th graders, it put him at a disadvantage since many kids from the middle school had already taken geometry so went right into algebra 2. This is not a big deal since the highest math class Alvirne offers is AP Calculus AB but if you plan to send your child to BG they offer AP Calculus BC too. It ll be harder for a kid who hasn't taken geometry in 8th to do the prereqs necessary to take AP Calculus BC by senior year.Also the sports are a little lacking. Teachers are dedicated though. They really care and with hindsight being 20/20 I think that is the only advantage we got from PMA over the public school. It's a big one and we don't regret it but we also wish we knew about the disadvantages.

Posted February 07, 2015
PMA athletics is amazing! My son is in the third grade and has so many options available. It is great for him to be able to play for his school. Last spring, boys lacrosse was added and they had a winning season. We played local teams and had Friday night games. Flag football was added this fall and my son loved it. There is a strong mix of academics and extra curricular activities at PMA. Perfect combination. All athletes must sign a Code of Conduct form enforcing academic excellence and positive behavior according to the Student Handbook. There is something for everyone!

Presentation of Mary Academy 3

Posted September 24, 2014
The teachers at PMA are WONDERFUL -kind, dedicated and devoted to the kids. Academically, my child who graduated is currently in all honors and AP classes in high school and doing well so no real complaints. The math program could be better-the public middle school offers a program for advanced students that allows them to skip Algebra 1 and Geometry and go straight to Honors Algebra 2. Strong math students from PMA can only go into Honors Geometry. About the principal - As a business woman, she is fantastic. As a spiritual leader and role model - not so much.She plays favorites among the parents (esp. the ones with money) but seems to treat the kids fairly. There is bullying at this school just like at any other. If the teachers are aware they do try their best to intervene. But bullies are usually sneaky so it can still be a problem. The school is small so if your child ends up in a grade that includes not so nice kids or kids he/she doesn't click with, they are kind of stuck. My oldest is happier at the public high school with more kids to choose from but my younger one seems to thrive in the smaller school. Overall a good school but not the utopia some reviews are describing.

Presentation of Mary Academy 1

Posted August 06, 2014
My child came home to me one day and told me how Sr. Maria is making him do chores. He said sometimes she even takes me out of class. I sent my child there for Religion thatd the only reason why he was there. I even think that my child is better in the town school then he was in PMA. Good Job Sr.Maria

Presentation of Mary Academy 1

Posted June 20, 2014
Wow, PMA and Sister Maria has outdone themselves. There was an average of about 1 review a year till Feb 2013 and then after 1 negative review Sister Maria got her minions to fill it up with nothing but positive reviews. I concur with the parent of the negative review. This just proves the point for me how the school is run. Enough said.

Presentation of Mary Academy 2

Posted June 20, 2014
I can easily say that the leadership qualities of the school's head, Sr. Maria Rosa, are extremely poor. Unfortunately, Sr. Maria is very two-faced. It is typical of her to act in such a way around parents of the school, and further on act in a completely different manner around the students(Rude, degrading, etc.). Although I am a firm believer in structure there is no need for her shallow treatment of even the oldest students at PMA. She has parents of the school fully convinced that students are in an enabling and nurturing environment which is very untrue. Sr Maria has two primary focuses- Fundraising and decorating the interior of the school. She takes little to no interest in the school's academic program whatsoever. Unfortunately, the school, under the power of Sr. Maria, is ran like a business with a main focus on money. If you're looking to keep your child/children at PMA until eighth grade, I would advise you not to. Overall the academic program is solid but standard; PMA is absolutely nothing special.

Posted June 06, 2014
I took my daughter out of hudson public school (5th grade) in October of this year and sent her to PMA. The public school is full of bully kids and drama. She LOVES PMA. The other kids, teachers,and principal were the best helping my daughter through the transition of a new school. My daughter has learned so much this year we can't wait until next year!

Presentation of Mary Academy 2

Posted May 13, 2014
Please read all the comments.... Funny??? Sister Maria's name is mentioned to be so wonderful over and over.... what's the chance of that. Sad to see she writes her own reviews to hide her nonsense, and all on the same date too, not very bright either...Hello parents... Don't waist your time... go elsewhere...your children will not be happy around her....loved school until she came to town:(

Posted February 20, 2013
My daughters have been attending school there since pre-kindergarten and are now in third and fourth grade. I am always excited to have my children share their day and learning experiences. This is truly an educational community in the fact that my daughters' pre-K teacher follows up on their learning, grades, and if they have adjusted bad habits, like talking during class. The teachers and administrative staff are continually looking to improve the school academically and through extracurricular activities. I have always been impressed with their handling of situations and their communication with parents is top notch. My family is part of the PMA learning community and I value that each day. Parents are encouraged to get involved appropriately and have never felt that my concerns were unheard or not dealt with properly. I have the utmost respect for the teachers, paraprofessionals, and everyone else who works in the school. Thank you!

Presentation of Mary Academy
182 Lowell Rd, Hudson, NH  03051
Last modified Presentation of Mary Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Presentation of Mary Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top