Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school has a good community. I would agree strongly that it develops this culture in students

I had a good experience at the middle school, and that was before it moved to its new location in a new building. The new building is fantastic, and the teachers are fabulous!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I loved the teachers that worked at the school when I attended. I still interact with many of them as an adult now

The culture of the kids is extremely verbally abusive, especially to kids coming from outside the area. The kids sit too much. Negative teachers are employed.

I am very surprised and do not agree with the 3 rating for KMS at all. My son currently attends KMS and my daughter also attended. The cluster program is great for creating communities and I've found the school to have an excellent mix of seasoned and new teachers that helps sustain many traditions and infuse new ideas. Both of my children were in the band programs as well as played sports. The extracurriculars are inclusive without being super competitive. Overall I've been very pleased with Keene's elementary and middle schools.

KMS did not meet our student's academic needs. The pace was way too slow. Some kids need more enrichment and this school did not offer a solid curriculum for fast paced learners. Come on Keene Middle School.......you could do a lot more with your academic classes.

After reading the review Mrs North Carolina wrote, I had to add my review. Sorry North Carolina, but being from Boston myself, (which tops NC) Keene Middle School is the best school around. Dottie Frazier fights for her students and community, as well as the rest of her staff. Even if I wanted to move, I wouldnt because I love this school and staff that much. My children have thrived here. As in all schools, the effort your children put into their work, will show what they get out of it. After school activities and clubs, keep the children busy, and less likely to get into trouble. A very important note to add is the Zero Tolerance Policy for any bullies. (In this day and age, that is HUGE!) Joe Bobbin, Ed Singer, and Deb Gallagher are wonderful~ Kudos to Keene Middle School ! Great job!

I'm a student at this school and I feel that it doesn't offer enough challenge for those whom require it but most of the teacher are wonderful and the adminstration is fabulous.

Do not send your children here. We are from North Carolina (yes the south) and our children are about 1.5 to 2 years ahead of what they are teaching. Your child will not be prepared for much in life. The teachers seem decent, but the principals and up are selling our children short. We moved because we value our childrens education. At this school everyone is 'taught' to the lowest childs ability. They call it 'leveling,' I call it dumbing everyone down. Shame on you.

Last modified Keene Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.