Symonds Elementary School 4

Posted February 12, 2013
Symonds school staff is highly dedicated, and there is a strong sense of community among the parents and teachers. Nonetheless, the school needs an increase in funding of about 20%. The salaries for teachers in NH are low, and the funding for supplies is minimal. Given the threadbare nature of the financial support, the staff puts in long hours, class sizes are small, and we parents are very lucky. Wish we could have continued the fifth grade language program, which just fell to the axe.

Posted May 19, 2010
The education my children have received both academically and social is extremely excellent. The test scores may have been lower before, but due to the dedicated staff implementing quality changes, we have improved dramatically. I would recommend this school to any student.

Posted May 27, 2009
I love the ongoing oppertunities to be an involved parrent. Symonds is absolutely the best school! My kids love the sincerely caring principal Mr. Kate and the teachers as well. A very supportive, family oriented school.

Posted October 12, 2007
This is my grandsons first year here(1st grade). They made him feel comfortable, by having a special 'get to know the school, and meet your teacher' before school started for the year. He did not have a good experience last year, but this school, and teacher make my grandson feel comfortable going to school. They seem to be on top of things and act on them asap.

Posted March 05, 2007
I think this school is great. They work with you and keep you informed about the school and your child.

Symonds Elementary School 3

Posted September 10, 2004
- a former student

Symonds Elementary School
79 Park Ave, Keene, NH  03431
Last modified Symonds Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Symonds Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top