Policies at FM are asinine however, the teachers are amazing, especially considering what they have to work with. For what they are paid and what the put up with it is a miracle the even stay. They truly care about their students even though a few students do not deserve that kind of attention. The truth is that 85% of the students are wonderful individuals that truly have the capacity to behave like mature adults, however they are treated as prisoners due to the other 15% that see fit to cause problems for everyone else due to that fact that they can't deal with their own issues. Policy deals with only this 15% and causes the rest to suffer. This is what I have found to be Fall Mountain's biggest pitfall.
This is the worst school I've ever attended, and I've been to several different high schools. Over the two miserable years I was there, I can honestly say I learned very little things to apply to the real world. The average teachers lack inspiration or drive, and the contract issue was a nightmare. In addition, the classroom atmosphere is terrible due to rude behavior, and little to no consequeneces. Fights, in school drug use, and and stories of intoxicated students were a daily occurance. On a different note, I did have two wonderful teachers, William Stahl and Mr. Wojchick.
I am a freshman at FMRHS, and heres what I have to say about this school: Class size: much, much, much to large for my liking. Its about a 1:25 ratio. There is NEVER any one-on-one teaching. Teachers: Like I said before, there is never any one-on-one. Teachers are often very busied and rushed, so it is hard to find time to ask questions. Students: Most of the kids here are pretty decent. Not a very large varity of kids though, many cliques and occasional bullying. Addministration: I really like the principal, but the vic. on the other hand...eh. Library: I am currently an intern at the library, and it is a really nice place. Its air conditioned and there are many computers available, along with a great referance section. But there aren't very many nonfiction classes. Classes: There is a huge varity of electorals, and that's great. Lots of internships available too.
FM is such a great place. In the past four years it has become my second home. The staff is amazing. The administration on the other hand is not. They don't seem to care about the kids. New rules are often created and not justified. The students don't respect the administration. How can you expect the kids to respect leaders who don't respect them first. The teachers are excellent! Class selection however has decresed in the past few years due to budget cuts. So if you're from the district, help the kids out and vote for the budget! Don't leave your kids' education to a budget committee.
I am a freshman at FMRHS. I find it to be a great school. We have courses designed for many different types of kids, many AP courses specifically. The vice-principle was also my teacher and i feel he is great, but gets a bad rep for having to dicipline. We have many activities for students to get involved in and people to help us throught high school. We do have our problems but not as much as other schools.
Fall Mountain Regional High School is an okay school, I have had problems with the teachers, the principal, and the Vice Principal all along, but many of the kids do great. Fall Mountain offers a variety of extra curricular activities such as Soccer, Baseball and softball, Basketball, cheerleading, jazz band, madrigcals, cross country ski team, track, volleyball, football, drama club, spanish club, latin club, french club and many more things. In my opinion the Vice Principal doesn't know how to deal with certain issues the way they should be dealt with, but I guess it's hard when there are as many issues as there are. We also have a wonderful staff of teachers, and a variety of classes you could take. We have wonderful guidance counselor, a great nurse, and we have a student crisis lady who is very good with giving advice. -sophomore