Bad
Good

Posted April 19, 2014
Fantastic school with great staff! My sons graduated from this school and now have both graduated from college. This little school really did help prepare them to be good citizens and responsible life time learners.

Goshen-Lempster Cooperative School 4

Posted July 08, 2013
We moved here from a larger city where 1/2 day kindergarden was all that was avalabile. With in weeks of starting here my child was reading and I believe that if we had stay in the town we came from this would not of happened. I also like that as a partent I have an open dilogde with my childs teachers. I can email or call them with any questions I have about the class work or my childs behavior and I hear back from the teachers ASAP. The teachers here really take the time to get to know the familys of their students.

Posted January 03, 2011
We moved here about 6 years ago and I would do it again in a heartbeat. The new principal is providing the leadership this school has been sorely lacking in for quite some time. In addition to Mr. Peterson's enthusiasm and integrity, he also brings a standard of decorum not seen in the school building for years. One third grade teacher in particular turned my daughter around and made learning a valuable tool for her. The teachers are fabulous. If only the parents would become more involved in a positive manner we could see substantial progress in our school climate. My older daughter graduated from GL two years ago and is in the top 10% of her class in high school!

Posted November 19, 2010
This school is improving by leaps and bounds. The new Superintendent that came on board last year and the new Principal have made a huge difference. We are into our 4th year at this school and honestly have nothing negative to say about it. The teachers are outstanding and they put heart and soul into their work, all at a rate of pay much lower than other schools. Usually people writing reviews are t the ones that have something negative to say. Thank you Goshen-Lempster staff. Keep up the good work!

Posted March 20, 2009
I was already to write a 3 star review of this school, saying unfortunately it is horribly underfunded. With more money maybe they could afford better materials... Then I read the money spent per student section of this site. They are getting what the best schools in the area are per student!!! The school is falling apart, materials and extra curricular activities are non existent, and the over all attitude seems to be, we just don't have the funding to do a good job. State average per student spending is 11,000, Goshen Lempster gets 13,000! In their defense, it is a low income area, so the teachers have more to deal with than more affluent areas, and some of the teachers are great. But over all, the curriculum is sub-par, and the school just doesn't do it... we're moving.

Posted January 09, 2009
We moved to NH from NY 10 yrs ago. I thought that a smaller school would give more attention to the children. I was sadly surprised by the lack of intrest the teachers had in the students, execpt for a very few. My 4 children went through this school and if I had to do it again I would not buy a home in this district. There was not much in the way of stimulation for the kids. They were all pretty bored and were not challanged. They also seem to be more interested in suspending the child instead of dealing with what ever issue came up. This includes 1st graders on up. They leave all discipline to the parents who are not there by suspending the child for minor infraction. We had many conversations with the pricipal and teachers. These just left us fustrated. Do not send your kids here.

Posted September 22, 2008
After finally settling down after seperating from the military I can honestly say that this is the worst school my kids have ever been in. The teachers take no disciplinary actions aqainst the children at the school and they run amock. Like one parent said - it is a struggle just to get my kids to go to school everyday. Atleast I know that Lempster is not the only one as the small town schools in the surrounding area are the same. We have had more discussions with the principal and teachers at this school then we have ever had with all 4 of our children combined before we moved to Lempster. If I had known what I was putting my kids in ti I would NOT have bought a house and moved to this town.

Goshen-Lempster Cooperative School

Posted June 23, 2007
This school this year is 200% better than it was the last few years. The principal has done great things with the students in the beginning. but towards the end of the year he was starting to act like the old principal. there is one teacher and one aid that should not be there for the way they have been treating the students. I love the new gym teacher he is great with the children and listens to them and treats them all with respect. the new 8th grade teacher is great also. very kind and has taught some kids better than the last one. keep up the good work and do something about that teacher and aid. you know who they are.

Posted June 10, 2007
School is absolutely fantastic. Everything anyone could ever want in a small town school. The teachers really take time to care foe each student and go out of their way to get them the assistance they need

Goshen-Lempster Cooperative School 2

Posted June 01, 2007
This school has been a big disappointment. As my daughter graduates from 8th grade this year she is looking forward to next year as a freshman in a new school with new teachers. It has been a daily struggle just to get her to want to go to school. The teachers over the years have seemed to lose interest in encouragement for the students that need it the most! Besides gym class a couple times a week, I think the only sport the school offers is a co-ed multi-aged field hockey team. The school doesn't seem to support this, it has been run by a volunteer for as long as I can remember. They seem to have no desire to get sports of any type moving and every time someone asks for something, they simply don't want to put out money or ask for any, nor ask for volunteers.

Goshen-Lempster Cooperative School
29 School Rd, Lempster, NH  03605
Last modified Goshen-Lempster Cooperative School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.