Bad
Good

I have one child at GMS and one now in the middle school. Could not be happier with the school, teachers, education and staff. Testing scores are among the highest in the state and the staff/teachers are committed to providing a quality education. Fantastic school!

This is an update to some of the older submissions (2006 and 2007) which are somewhat out of date. The district has come a long way and we have a great superintendent. The elementary school building is old but they have gradually been bringing it up to current code and updating as far as they are able to. It does have space issues but they have moved grade 5 to the middle school which has helped. Also enrolment is predicted to go down in future years (and has already started). It was reported recently that the middle and elementary schools are some of the best in the state academically. The high school has been instituting programs with surrounding communities and districts aimed at improving chances of less academic students to obtain their diplomas. This means improved career/ further education opportunities for these students.

I believe that the staff do a fantastic job overall due to not just knowledge but genuine caring for the kids and the community. I also believe that, despite the nay sayers, we need a new school unless we intend to 1. Put far more $ than its worth into repair and maintainance in the old school or 2. continue on the current path until the not too distant future finds ALL of our elementary students being schooled out of portables because we refuse to put the $ needed into repair and maintainance into the old building instead of into building we can be proud of.

griffin memorial school is the bomb!! the teachers are great!!! the kids are great!!!! we rock!!!

I have 2 boys: my older boy went 4 years to GMS and I loved everyone of his teachers, The Special Ed there is the verey best. they are saints! The teaches and staff get it right. The building is not maintained as it should be...but I think that they are making it look shabby so they can get the voters to build a new one!

GMS is a wonderful small to middle sized suburban grammar school. The teaching staff is very good and they are strong on literacy and reading while currently improving math curriculum. The extras are wonderful: chorus, organized kickball and chess at recess, etc. The supporting staff is excellent (school nurse, guidance counselor, and special ed staff). Any problems the school is encountering lies more with the community...parents blaming the teachers and system, residents not voting in a new school building, and the community at large not wanting to grow our municipal groups (ie., moving beyond volunteer fire personnel, getting our own EMT and ambulance, expanding our police personnel, etc) with tax dollars. It's also a community with many 55+ communities, which families relocating should consider.

School building is in good shape. It has the same problems as any older house has, but nothing that can't be corrected. There are no safety issues. It does need a professional organizer to show the staff how to organize their clutter. They would find much more space. Teachers are great and the nurse is an angel.

I love Griffin Memorial School my pre-schooler attends Griffin and the teachers are absolutely wonderful with him. We love Mrs. Samantha, Mrs. Katie, and Mrs. Donna in Pre-K. Thank you so much for the Tender loving care you give these toddlers.

I find the Teachers & Staff are wonderful, also the school Nurse. The Principal is so very nice, But he doesn't like to deal with any 'confrontation' such as all the bullying that goes on at the school. Academicly the teachers are doing their job well. The school lacks the space & tool's they need, such as 'Computer's' and a 'Safe Building'. I am not comfortable sending my child to an unsafe place on a daily basis. I now feel as if the State of NH need to take over the building of a new and safe school.

Last modified Griffin Memorial School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.