Bad
Good

Now, I am being very generous giving this school a two star rating. Honestly, this school was plan bad. I was a student at this school a while ago, and found this experience to be very poor. I will have to tell you that the teachers, when I went, in the fifth, sixth, and seventh grade were great, except one teacher told a student that they could not pursue a career in a professional sport. That was crossing the line. Now, when I got to eight grade, I felt unwanted, like nothing really mattered. One of the teachers is absolutely god awful the whole year, yelling, grading each and every homework assignment, and taking a kid in to the hallway each class. They would give out tests that were unrelated to the topic recently reviewed. another one graded papers like they were suppose to be Senior quality. WE didn't even learn much in that class, but read articles that SHE answered the questions to the packet for us. Overall, the eighth grade was the worst year at the school. If you are looking for a place to move, or a new middle school for your child, do not come here for their eighth grade experience.

I have two kids in the middle school and feel that the teachers and administration do an excellent job challenging students. They have a very strong music program and recently added a second computer lab. Great community, great teachers and a very supportive environment.

Very disappointing how this school handles gym. The school doesn't have gym every quarter. A child would have gym 1 quarter of the entire school year, and not any other quarter. People complain about child obesity, so it makes no sense to not have gym throughout a school year. I don't know about the high school, but the lower school has a rotation of gym, art, music, library. I have no idea why the middle school doesn't do the same thing. The middle school also doesn't have music. A child would only have music if they joined chorus or band. For a child to not have gym class, especially in winter, is ridiculous. I wish I had researched the school system before moving here 12 years ago. Live and learn, I made a huge mistake. Great town, great people, great teachers, but there is so much disorganization in the schools. For ie. waiting until the very last minute to announce a concert, not having gym class year round. A positive is the middle school has the child's grades online, so I can see their grades as a quarter goes, but the lower school doesn't have grades online. I hope things improve as I am thinking about moving.

Fantastic school with teachers and administrators who care about the kids education. LMS has teachers who are committed to education and the school provides an environment that supports their growth. The entire staff is very supportive to the children and provide the tools needed to learn and grow. As parents, stay involved in their education and know what they are doing in the classroom. I am so happy with the school and would never think of sending my children anywhere different.

Leaving the litchfield school system. Although we can barely afford it I am sending my child to private school. If you child is not high honors or a discipline problem then do not bother sending your child to Litchfield Middle School. They will get zero attention and even when they start to flounder you will hear nothing from the teachers. I have sent emails that have gone unanswered. I hired a tutor to assist in making my child more confident and proficient. My child is in the 8th grade and has never been taught the parts of a sentence and yet the 8th grade LA teacher grades papers like she is teaching a college class. Hint.. If the class average is a 56 then you are NOT doing your job. So glad this is our last year. Good Riddance. BTW by the 8th grade they should have at least been taught states and capitals. Yet we had to learn all about other continents. Absurd.

This is more geared towards the town/ schools around. I feel they need more after school programs, there are no choices. There is nothing in this town but farms. There are nothing for special needs kids. Yes I agree with the other parnet that wrote in. The kids are pressured to act or be rich. The staff is always yelling at kids, that is true. This town is very snobby. I must say a lot of the adults act like kids and are very rude to other parnets. It's really not setting a good example for the kids.

I am glad to say that we are moving out of Litchfield. The middle school is awful from discipline to concern about their students. My daughter has been bullied on a regular basis that she does not want to go to school anymore. I bought up concerns to administration that I saw learning difficulties at home and they did nothing but look at her state scores and say she is normal. I had another situation that took place at school concerning her health and I was not called, I had to call them 4 days later due to snow days. The other child involved parents' got 2 calls the day of the event. The swearing that takes place by the students as well as improper language is ignored by staff. The lunch monitors are awful. They call kids names and then do not admit it. They yell at the kids constantly and boss them around without showing any respect. We moved here from another state which was much stricter on the kids but did it in a way that the kids respected teachers and wanted to go to school.

I'm so glad I moved to Litchfield in 2007. My son went from being home schooled to going to a public school. They made it almost seamless. Most of the teachers are great and obviously love teaching. That says a lot.

This School has made tremendous improvement under this administration. Programs are added and improved continually. My child enoys going to school finally.

This school has a great staff and lunch service program. The lunch monitors though could be a little nicer on the kids. The buses need to step up and make kids stop swaring.

Last modified Litchfield Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.