Londonderry, NH

Posted December 07, 2014
My wife and I went to private schools out entire life. We always felt that we missed out on the "town spirit". We wanted to move to a town that had great public schools. We have three kids with EIPs and could not be happier with Londonderry public schools and especially Matthew Thornton. Yes in every school you have the teachers that just do the basics to get by but there are so many good teachers there. It all starts with the leadership. Have doubts about MT? Request a meeting with the assistant principal Ace. He makes me feel like I am dropping my kids off at a friends house everyday.

Matthew Thornton Elementary School 1

Posted March 28, 2011
I feel that this school is old in every way. the teachers are unenergetic and there is no dr.Sues week. I don't know any school that doesn't have this. With all of the technology that are kids have to make them smarter than we were at there age, don't you think there should be some fun. Weekly popcorn days, fun fridays.etc. all work no play. Let them enjoy the little childhood that they have. update the school allow parents to have lunch with there kids. Wheres the pto.

Matthew Thornton Elementary School 2

Posted March 17, 2011
This school does have some good teachers. But, this school thinks they can violate your civil rights and discriminate children with special needs. I give caution to those parents that have children with special needs to perhaps think elsewhere for your child to go to school. this school has no respect when comes to parents concerns and safty issues. They have a "I don't care attitude and call whomever you like" remarks. They have each others number on speed dial so when you try to go through chain of command they give you the same answer as the last person and know whom you are and what the issue is when you call.

Posted November 02, 2010
I have been comparing/searching the schools in the Manchester area for more than 3 years especially between Bedford and Londonderry. Eventually, I decided moving to Londonderry. I am very pleased by the qualities of education my kids got and the various programs (sports, music, math enrichment, and arts classes) offered to my kids. Based on my experience, I definitely would recommend this school district to other parents who can t afford private schools but value their education. This is a perfect school for middle-class family.

Posted November 16, 2009
Matthew Thornton is a very old school from the 1940's. It has carpet throughout which is not healthy. Specialist usually don't have enough space to work in and the art teacher travels around the building with a cart.

Posted November 01, 2009
Matthew Thorton is a very well organized school. The school offers many different extra options for students to choose from. The principal is simply fabulous and I went out of my school zone just to attend this school because of how many GREAT reviews and compliments came from Matthew Thorton Elementary School. Regardless of opinions Matthew Thorton is a very ideal school for students who are eager to learn and have fun. (:

Posted September 16, 2009
We love Matthew Thornton School because our prinicipal is the best around! She knows every student by name and even their siblings names who don't even attend the school. She takes the time to get to know each student and to make sure they know how special they are. She really cares and that makes all the difference in the world!

Posted March 02, 2009
Matthew Thornton is a warm, friendly school. The principal knows each child by name! The PTA is very active and provides many volunteer hours to the school. The district is known for its music and there is orchestra for all students and band for fifth graders. Chorus is offered to fourth and fifth grades. Every child will be academically challenged as there is a special education department, reading department, and a special curriculum department to handle both ends of the educational spectrum.The school boasts award-winning teachers and administrators. There is an inter-district cross country team for the fifth grade as well as after-school intramural sports. PTA and parents offer a science club, drama club, and other interests. Destination Imagination and Spanish class are also highlights.

Posted May 15, 2005
Matthew Thornton is an exellent school. It gives the children both visual and hands on learning! The principal and vice pricipal really get into the enthusiasim of the children! I'll never forget the day I came home and kept telling my parents how on one of the last days of school if they got 95% for books and beyond, they would be made into live human sundays! It is one of the best schools to attend!

Matthew Thornton Elementary School 2

Posted April 02, 2005
Matthew Thornton is a less-than-decent school to have your children educated. The teachers are known to be very impersonable, and the principal remains undutiful to his responsibilities.

Matthew Thornton Elementary School
275 Mammoth Rd, Londonderry, NH  03053
Last modified Matthew Thornton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Matthew Thornton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top