Bad
Good

Posted December 17, 2015
Academically, it seems like a great school. But as a parent of a new student, I feel like we have muddled through the first 4 months figuring our own way. There is not a lot of information offered on the LHS website, and information is spotty in getting to parents. We get a bi monthly newsletter, but sometimes it comes days after events have already occurred. Trying to find info on extra curricular activities and clubs is very difficult, especially when dealing with a new student that is not quite comfortable as it is. It seems that they have many wonderful clubs and activities, I am just not sure why information regarding students getting involved isn't more readily available. We came from a private school setting that was very interactive, I am very disappointed with what public school has had to offer in that respect.

Posted October 25, 2014
I graduated in 2012 and could not be happier with how this school prepared me. Many great extra-curricular activities! My newspaper experience helped me get a full time job right after high school that helps me pay for my Bachelor's degree, and I was able to do an internship my senior year with help from guidance. The teachers are caring, there are excellent facilities, and the band is one of the best in the nation having traveled to China and the Inaugural Parade. This school has improved drastically in the past decade!

Posted September 17, 2009
We have great teachers and a beautiful school! We also have the best band in the State!!

Posted January 10, 2009
I am currently a senior enrolled in this school. I have moved every year of high school and I have to say, this is the best high school i have been to.. which is saying alot. The Music program was started by the current director (Andrew Soucy) from pretty much nothing, and now the marching band has gone to china AND is going to the presidential Inaguration parade for Barrack Obama. Now might not show much about the Course options and quality of teachers of this school, but if a school can manage to do something like that, they have to be doing something right. (also, there are many classes and courses offered by this school that help ALOT with college, including classes that give you college credits)

Posted July 03, 2008
I am very impressed with the level of academics offered to my high schooler. This town places a high value on its schools and in turn, the schools seem to offer parents plenty of opportunity to be involved and learn about what is going on in the school buildings. It seems that students that can handle responsibility are treated with respect by most of the staff. I find this a very comfortable school environment for my student and one that has encouraged her to be the best student she can be.

Posted June 08, 2005
I am currently a student enrolled in Londonderry High School and I think that is an overall great school. Each class has a student run government that allows students to make decisions like where to hold the prom and what to do for a senior activity and fund raisers. Also this school has arguably the best music program in the East Coast. The marching band alone contains 300 kids. The music program has such things like a Jazz Band, an orchestra, a marching band, a concert band, a symphonic band, several music theory classes, and several chorus and singing classes. There are many different sports here and there are extracurricular activities galore that range from a drama club or band to a robotics club or a math team. The teachers are very friendly and are willing to stay after school everyday if they had to to help a student.

Posted February 19, 2005
Academic opportunities abound. Many students are not aware of all there is to enhance the academic basics. More of the student to student evaluations are needed. Music, art, sports etc are well-presented and enrollment is high in these areas. Parents should definitely become involved talking to guidance counselors and availing themselves of course selections. The parent teen dynamic often precludes this involvement. Our child graduated from LHS and we were very pleased with the quality of programs available.

Londonderry Senior High School 3

Posted December 09, 2004
We have been impressed with Londonderry's North School and the Middle School, but at the high school the quality of education is going down hill fast. The school is simply too large. There are some excelent courses and outstanding teachers, but the the addministration is spread too thin. Students slip through the cracks left and right. Our two sons were obliged to leave this school for a small private school in Concord. It was a deffinate eye opener as to how poor some aspects of LHS have become. My experiences lead me to beleive any student is better off in a smaller, more friendly environment.

Posted September 13, 2004
Overall, this school is one of the best in the state according to many, with excellent staff, help for students, and programs for college. The lunches and courses are pretty good as well. I think the most important thing is how much the staff tries to help the students, and become not just a teacher, but a friend and a role model.

Posted March 28, 2004
I'm actually a student at the school right now. it's a little crowded with students but overall it's a good school. The teachers are top quality (most anyhow) and though the principle leadership is bad now, next year we are getting a really great principle who will improve the school in a lot of ways, i'm sure of it! Work load isn't that bad, and the teachers are very good at helping students keep up with the work. Extra cirricular activities are awesome too. all the sports are good and school spirit is high!

295 Mammoth Rd, Londonderry, NH  03053
Last modified Londonderry Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.