Lyme, NH

Posted May 22, 2014
Crossroads has been such an essential fabric of our lives in every way academically, socially, morally, and yes, financially. It has enriched us as parents and certainly our girls in such meaningful and countless ways for which we feel so incredibly fortunate. Thank you to all who have played a role in this along the way, who have guided our girls step-by-step, and who have overseen their growth from fresh 5-year-olds to maturing young teenagers ready to embrace their high school world ahead. We are so proud of all they have become through their experiences at Crossroads the values and knowledge and inspiration and warmth and guidance and sense of community and service that you have imparted. These are the real riches of their Crossroads education.

Posted May 02, 2014
Crossroads Academy has a rich curriculum combining a strong virtue and academic program. Our experience has been full and satisfying for our children and ourselves and only wish we had found Crossroads sooner. Our children enjoy school again and can't stop talking about their experiences at Crossroads.

Posted April 24, 2014
I cannot express in enough words what Crossroads has meant to us. We are your typical Vermont country people who often fear branching out into the unknown. We were worried that the Crossroads community would be too sophisticated for our style but found just the opposite. We have been truly blessed in so many ways through Crossroads and I honestly believe that our son (may not recognize it yet) will soon understand the valuable education that Crossroads has given him.

Posted September 10, 2013
Our daughter went all the way through Crossroads; our son attended through fourth grade. We were very happy with our experience there, but it wasn't until we moved that we realized how truly rare and remarkable Crossroads is. It is a "both/and" school teaching academics and values, rigorously preparing students while also caring about them as individuals. If you read about education, you know that the countries doing a better job than the U.S. in preparing children for life in a global economy train master teachers, give rigorous instruction, develop character, and create room for play. From our experience, Crossroads offers all of this. We watched our daughter blossom at Crossroads under the instruction of a series of master teachers, especially in middle school. Her increasing mastery of content showed up in increasing standardized test scores an increase that is the norm at Crossroads. And our quirky daughter, who might have been bullied elsewhere, found her place both in the Crossroads community and in the far greater community of ideas and knowledge. She has excelled in her current school. We only wish we could find another Crossroads for her brother.

Posted August 06, 2013
Crossroads is a wonderful school that gave me a comprehensive educational foundation. Specifically, Crossroads cultivated a love of history that has served me well when travelling in the United States and around the world. I find that the knowledge learned at Crossroads helps me to connect and relate with others. The CoreVirtues program also instilled the importance of virtue. Historical examples as well as current application of perseverance, integrity, honesty, forgiveness, love, and respect were introduced and integrated throughout my elementary and middle school years. My education at Crossroads Academy was a privilege and a gift that shaped the rest of my educational career and my life path.

Posted June 27, 2013
I have been volunteering at Crossroad Academy in Lyme NH for a number of years. I have worked mostly with students in the middle school and have witnessed many of the productions (plays, speech competitions, music recitals, etc,) put on by the lower grades. I am amazed at the high caliber of student and what they are asked to do on a daily basis. Every year the 5th grade puts on an amazing Shakespearen play; last year several 8th graders presented their scientific research at the prestigious AAAS symposium in Boston and the year before another student presented in Vancouver their research project on endangered Lady's slipper orchids; the end of the year musical put on by the middle school is phenomenal.... If you search the internet or the school website, you can find videos of theses activities and think about the high caliber of teacher that is needed to bring out these talents in these students.. Lastly, from what I understand, this year's 8th grade graduating students are enrolled in highly competitive high schools and most are entered in honors programs.

Crossroads Academy 4

Posted June 27, 2013
I have a student going to this school, I know teachers at this school, I know several other parents and their children that go to Crossroads. Albeit, every school has its issues. What would a school be without them! However, when I see the quality and the caliber of the students going through Crossroads Academy, I know we did the right thing by putting our child in it. All you have to do is talk to the teachers, talk to the parents that have students currently there and talk to the children attending this school. Many of the teachers go well above and beyond what might expect in other schools. As someone already posted, you have to see it, spend time there - and then make a choice with your own eyes and hearts, not by the reviews posted by the disgruntled few.

Posted June 27, 2013
As a parent of a student at Crossroads Academy, I will simply state that nothing can match the quality of teachers and the involvement by both teachers and the parents. It seems that most that are involved with Crossroads go well above the call of duty to insure the students will go on to become valuable people in today's society, filled with a wealth of knowledge. Period! The willingness of the teachers to do those extra curricula activities shows me that long after the bell rings, they still care about my child!

Posted June 20, 2013
I happened upon this website. I generally do not trust website evaluations since they are not a accurate representation of the population the institution is serving. The only way to get an reliable and accurate measure of a school is to look at the entire school, its programs/curriculum, its administration, its infrastructure, its students, and most of all, its teachers. Based on these metrics my experience is this is a premier school. Visit the school, talk to some students and teachers, believe with your own heart and eyes.

Crossroads Academy 1

Posted May 16, 2013
CA is a mixed bag. Many of the families are great. Additionally, up through the fifth grade there are some great teachers - especially for well-behaved girls. The History and Science programs are very strong across all grades. The middle school has fallen on very hard times. English, Latin and Math are taught by teachers who are better suited for criminal prosecution than teaching children. They and the middle school staff are unpleasant and focused on irrelevant rules and minutiae. The quality of the middle school is reflected in current statistics: (1)The enrollment is down more than 25% next year - mostly from classes that would be in the middle school next year. (I'm not sure about the class of 2014, but I hear that most of the students have left or are leaving before their final year.) (2) Placement from Crossroads into top tier high schools has fallen off dramtically - the local middle school has better placement results. The staff at CA don't have the required relationships and they do very little to assist with the process. Except for donations (preferably large and unrestricted) parental involvement is strongly discouraged by the leadership of the school.

Crossroads Academy