Bad
Good

Unfortunately, I'm highly underwhelmed with LCS. My child recently finished K there and, while she is a bright kid, came out more frustrated than anything else. There was another child in the class who was highly disruptive and the staff seemed unable or unwilling to help with getting them in an appropriate learning environment. The school is adopting or about to adopt Common Core (I'm not in favor). There are no resources for working families through LCS. For K, it is AM only with no after school program and no PM bus. Also, there are no daycares in Lyndeborough, making coordinating for working parents practically impossible! I was hoping 1st grade on would be better, but sadly no! Unless you have family in town or a spouse who doesn't work outside of the home, good luck making pick up/drop off work!

I am a former student of this school and, as far as I can tell, most of the people, students and teachers alike, do not understand or properly address special-needs circumstances or struggling students. In fact and for the most part, they are all contemptuous to that kind of thing. I was relentlessly bullied here because of my autism and the teachers and staff did not address properly at all. I attended a different elementary school before transferring to LCS and I was happier there. Moreover, the teachers only abide by strict routines and regulations and make absolutely no exceptions for students with disabilities. Unlike LCS, my other elementary school, as well as my high school, had a "family" system in which teachers came down to the levels of their students who had notable difficulty anywhere in school and aided them with assignments and social acclamation. That is where I discovered the academic talent that LCS failed to help me to recognize. Despite the best efforts of my parents and I, I could not live and grow in LCS. It crippled me, rather than constructed me and I regret ever attending there. Finally, I recommend that students with disabilities do not go there.

You can't beat a 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio, especially when the teachers and staff are as great as they are here. The personal focus, support, and community at LCS is truly like or better than a private school. The curriculum is up to date with many brand new books and leading technology. A good mix of interpersonal, book, and experiential teaching with diversified approaches to support each student's strengths and areas of need. My oldest attended grades 1-6 here, graduated in district and is now enrolled in a top-20 national university. My younger ones are still at LCS and are also thriving.

Last modified Lyndeborough Central School is a Public school that serves grades K-6