Lyndeborough, NH

Lyndeborough Central School 2

Posted July 19, 2014
Unfortunately, I'm highly underwhelmed with LCS. My child recently finished K there and, while she is a bright kid, came out more frustrated than anything else. There was another child in the class who was highly disruptive and the staff seemed unable or unwilling to help with getting them in an appropriate learning environment. The school is adopting or about to adopt Common Core (I'm not in favor). There are no resources for working families through LCS. For K, it is AM only with no after school program and no PM bus. Also, there are no daycares in Lyndeborough, making coordinating for working parents practically impossible! I was hoping 1st grade on would be better, but sadly no! Unless you have family in town or a spouse who doesn't work outside of the home, good luck making pick up/drop off work!

Lyndeborough Central School 2

Posted August 14, 2013
I am a former student of this school and, as far as I can tell, most of the people, students and teachers alike, do not understand or properly address special-needs circumstances or struggling students. In fact and for the most part, they are all contemptuous to that kind of thing. I was relentlessly bullied here because of my autism and the teachers and staff did not address properly at all. I attended a different elementary school before transferring to LCS and I was happier there. Moreover, the teachers only abide by strict routines and regulations and make absolutely no exceptions for students with disabilities. Unlike LCS, my other elementary school, as well as my high school, had a "family" system in which teachers came down to the levels of their students who had notable difficulty anywhere in school and aided them with assignments and social acclamation. That is where I discovered the academic talent that LCS failed to help me to recognize. Despite the best efforts of my parents and I, I could not live and grow in LCS. It crippled me, rather than constructed me and I regret ever attending there. Finally, I recommend that students with disabilities do not go there.

Lyndeborough Central School 5

Posted September 23, 2010
You can't beat a 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio, especially when the teachers and staff are as great as they are here. The personal focus, support, and community at LCS is truly like or better than a private school. The curriculum is up to date with many brand new books and leading technology. A good mix of interpersonal, book, and experiential teaching with diversified approaches to support each student's strengths and areas of need. My oldest attended grades 1-6 here, graduated in district and is now enrolled in a top-20 national university. My younger ones are still at LCS and are also thriving.

Lyndeborough Central School 4

Posted September 20, 2005
My chldren have been attending lcs for years 1 has just recently left this school for middle school and I was so sad about it I still have 1 in here and I hope she enjoys it as much as my older child. This is such a great school it is like sending your kids to a private school the teachers are super! I have enjoyed all of them. Anyone who complains about the teachers here are complaining because there child is not ready for there class and the parents cannot except that. Any parent who complains about this school or teachers need to take a look at there child and figure out ho to help them maybe if the parents spent more time with the kids they would keep up.

Lyndeborough Central School 3

Posted February 19, 2005
I don't know what the problem is with some of the parents at this school. We get a lot of support and true concern from the staff regarding our child. I do agree that the teachers could be a little more enthusiastic in their teaching. But take it for what it's worth it's a country setting and some of the parents are bored thus have nothing better to do than complain. It's not just up to the teachers to help your child succeed, it's up to the parents too. If you feel your child is not succeeding at the rate you want them too, have them tutored, or pull them out. The school is not a one size fits all as some may believe, what works for some may not work for others. Through my homework I've found that many other schools have a more antiquated curriculum then this one.

Lyndeborough Central School
192 Forest Rd, Lyndeborough, NH  03082
Last modified Lyndeborough Central School is a Public school that serves grades K-6
Lyndeborough Central School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top