7-12|Private

Bad
Good

HFA is a lousy school---both academically and socially and would control how you live your Catholic faith if they could.

Holy Family Academy provided our son with an excellent classical education in the Catholic tradition! His teachers were wonderful witnesses of the Catholic faith and amazing teachers as well! His high school education at HFA served him well in college and in his military service. We are very grateful to Holy Family Academy!

Excellent, unique, challenging, and authentically catholic, are only a few of the words I can use to describe Holy Family Academy. This year was bittersweet because it was our sons final year at the academy. He began in the 7th grade and just recently graduated. Being somewhat of a shy boy, the Socratic method of teaching has helped in building his self-esteem and confidence. His writing skills are top notch, and he is capable of carrying on an intelligent conversation, as well as to think on his feet. Another plus was that we never had to worry about what he was being taught (or not taught) about the catholic faith. The theology doesn t get any better than what he was taught here. In fact he has taught us a thing or two. The staff, administrators, and parents all have a common love of their catholic faith. We have always felt as parents that it is our job to help get our children to heaven, and Holy Family Academy has definitely been a gift from God to help us along the way.

Our daughter had a wonderful experience at HFA. Great education, strong Catholic identity, nice student friends, etc. Her professors in college were amazed at her writing ability as well as the scope of the books that she read during her years there. Really prepared her for life.

As a parent of two students who graduated from this excellent school, I am very grateful for the wonderful education and formation that my children received! They were very well prepared for college and for life. The teachers are extremely dedicated and excellent role models for the students. My daughter often said that Holy Family Academy was like a "second family" to her. Thank you for all that my children received and the support that I was given as a parent in my efforts to raise and educate my children.

Having my two youngest graduate from here, I am nothing but pleased. The school supported me and I them. Their education was excellent. Most importantly they learned tons about their Catholic faith and were reinforced in their faith. The teachers and administration cared deeply and were readily available to discuss any issue.

School hierarchy exhibits a holier than thou attitude and is not interested in hearing criticism or opposing views. They prefer parents shut up and pay their tuition. High teacher turnover. School is very weak in Science and Math. Not a school I would waste time and money on. Here is a link to the website for the website where you'll find the most recent list of the top 50 Catholic Schools, according to the Acton Institute: http://www.chshonor.org/roll/index.php?year=2008 . You won't find Holy Family Academy on that list. The only time Holy Family Academy made the top 50 list was in 2006. In that year 1300 schools were invited to participate in the survey to rank their school, but only 300 schools responded to the survey.

We love Holy Family Academy. We've been blessed with such wonderful teachers and families that make this school what it is today. This school has earned top 50 out of 1300 Catholic schools in the country. We are so thankful to have such a great school for our children. God Bless!

Last modified Holy Family Academy is a Private school that serves grades 7-12