Bad
Good

If there was a rating for 0 stars I would rate that. My son has attended three full academic years in this school. I have never in the 3 years of his experiences at this school had a positive interaction with the principal. I have had zero consistency with communication between myself and staff. I have written notes to confirm dates and progress and received nothing back on multiple occasions. I have commented that the academic workload is not sufficient in preparing these children for their future in education. I work in higher education and am scared for the lack of fundamentals these children are receiving. I am looking at transferring my son out of this school as soon as possible, it is truly unfortunate that the teachers and staff do not provide more enthusiasm for the work they studied to accomplish. If you want to be a teacher....you should teach something.

My kids have been there for 3 years and its been very hard my son was beat up for the first 2 years I went to the school they said were dealing days later nothing was done still I asked for a meeting with the other parent and the school they said no we cant . So I got my son in karate and he started fight back Then the school wanted to do something cause my son was fighting back I said no I got it under control gave my son high five daily My children are so far behind they haven't learned anything there but they also come home daily with drawings and coloring pages (grades 3rd and 1) glad to see they help them with drawing Not happy with this school at all

I love this school best experience Ive ever had. The principal is a little difficult but has the children's best interest in mind. The teachers here are more than accoamdating and are constanltly supporting the students. I just can't believe how lucky I got.

Not impressed by employee involvement. Teacher nor principal has the time of day to listen to what you say. Try talking about specifics and they switch the subject. I plan on pulling my child out.

We have 3 children that have attended Bakersville, I feel that they have all received an excellent education. We received wonderful support during a very rough time in our life & the principal was available everyday for a five minute checkin with our family as needed. The teachers have all been more than accomodating whenever we had a question or needed a conference. I've received phone calls and emails when concerns arose & we worked them out. Considering this school represents more than a dozen nationalities it is incredible that the NECAP scores have shown some improvement each year. The only drawback I've seen is lack of parent participation. Instead of attending activities parents tend to send the child with an older sibling or neighbor & not just because they were working. If I had to do it all over again we would attend Bakersville School. Thank you Bakersville staff

Last modified Bakersville School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.