Bad
Good

Posted August 19, 2013
If there was a rating for 0 stars I would rate that. My son has attended three full academic years in this school. I have never in the 3 years of his experiences at this school had a positive interaction with the principal. I have had zero consistency with communication between myself and staff. I have written notes to confirm dates and progress and received nothing back on multiple occasions. I have commented that the academic workload is not sufficient in preparing these children for their future in education. I work in higher education and am scared for the lack of fundamentals these children are receiving. I am looking at transferring my son out of this school as soon as possible, it is truly unfortunate that the teachers and staff do not provide more enthusiasm for the work they studied to accomplish. If you want to be a teacher....you should teach something.

Posted August 01, 2013
My kids have been there for 3 years and its been very hard my son was beat up for the first 2 years I went to the school they said were dealing days later nothing was done still I asked for a meeting with the other parent and the school they said no we cant . So I got my son in karate and he started fight back Then the school wanted to do something cause my son was fighting back I said no I got it under control gave my son high five daily My children are so far behind they haven't learned anything there but they also come home daily with drawings and coloring pages (grades 3rd and 1) glad to see they help them with drawing Not happy with this school at all

Bakersville School 5

Posted May 25, 2011
I love this school best experience Ive ever had. The principal is a little difficult but has the children's best interest in mind. The teachers here are more than accoamdating and are constanltly supporting the students. I just can't believe how lucky I got.

Posted September 16, 2010
Not impressed by employee involvement. Teacher nor principal has the time of day to listen to what you say. Try talking about specifics and they switch the subject. I plan on pulling my child out.

Bakersville School

Posted May 22, 2009
We have 3 children that have attended Bakersville, I feel that they have all received an excellent education. We received wonderful support during a very rough time in our life & the principal was available everyday for a five minute checkin with our family as needed. The teachers have all been more than accomodating whenever we had a question or needed a conference. I've received phone calls and emails when concerns arose & we worked them out. Considering this school represents more than a dozen nationalities it is incredible that the NECAP scores have shown some improvement each year. The only drawback I've seen is lack of parent participation. Instead of attending activities parents tend to send the child with an older sibling or neighbor & not just because they were working. If I had to do it all over again we would attend Bakersville School. Thank you Bakersville staff

Bakersville School 2

Posted March 31, 2006
Both of my daughters attend this school. I have to say the principal is not in the loop unless a parent complains.Teachers are not consistent with grading and they would rather write nasty notes home than pick up the telephone to call a parent. There are a lot of kids in that schhol whos home life causes them to act out on other students and they are not disciplined for this behavior. A child in my oldest daughters class swears at the teacher and he is never removed or sent to the principal. It seems like teachers there have too much to deal with and cannot control the children. Overall quality of learning is poor.

Bakersville School 2

Posted February 28, 2006
my son attends kindergarten,his teacher is a great teacher, but I am very disappointed with the schools' discipline policy. 4 other boys in his class beat my son while preventing him from getting help from the playground teachers, who should have seen what was going on but didn't. when we asked how the boys would be delt with, we were told only that they would be but not how. we are currently looking into transferring our son to a safer school.

Bakersville School 4

Posted August 23, 2005
Excellent academic programs as well as exceptional support for students and parents.

Bakersville School 5

Posted April 19, 2005
I have had no problem with Bakersville, I think my son has learned a lot from his teachers, I think it is great theres not a whole lot of kids in one class, I think it gives the teachers more time with each student. I think Mrs Bickford is really really awesome. She in my book should be teahcer of the year. She works hard with her students and she takes her time with each one as needed for them to understand what she goes over. I think Bakersville is a great school! Keep up the wonderful work!

Bakersville School 4

Posted December 30, 2004
This year has proved to be a good year at bakersville I am impressed with the changes i see in my sons,I have to take back my previous statements about the school and commend them on the wonderfull things i am seeing from the school.My children seem to be challenged on a dailey basis,and I don't feel like they are just going to be babysat all day long,my children love the school. they just needed to be challenged. thank you for the excelllent jobs you teachers are doing.

Bakersville School
20 Elm St, Manchester, NH  03101
Last modified Bakersville School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.