Gossler Park School

Public | K-5 | 390 students

Sweep tile

Posted June 19, 2013

My son loved all his teachers he is had in the last 2 years. the teachers letting me know how my son was doing throughout the week during the year. The teachers he had are all friendly and very understanding with my so who has adhd. My child thrived at Gossler park we will so miss the school because we had to move to the other side of town. He also loved the principals Ther crossing guard is also I play and she follows the rules. She is very friendly as will.

Posted April 23, 2013

I have 3 children that have attended this school. There have been a few good teachers but they dont unually last long. They just push the kids through until they move on to middle school. The bigger problem was that the kids kept coming home with HEAD LICE! Finally I moved just to get the kids out of that school! They've never been happier! They now go to a school where they are happy! They love the teachers, the school and their classmates! I f I ever have to move back, I will do everything I can to make sure my children DO NOT attend that school!

Posted August 22, 2010

(continued) and he is very smart as well.he just a little hyper..lol his kindergarten teacher(s),he changed teachers in the middle of the year because the first one fell ill, were both wonderful ,caring and loving. they were a big help for his ajustment to school. i dont understand all you other parents, get involved and maybe youll see what these teachers do on a daily basus they really care for our kids,there is no excuse for not be envolved in your childs education,my husband and i both work full time and have 8 kids and trust me the schools know both of us! very well!

Posted October 3, 2007

Part III Now the teacher is requesting to meet with us Parents. ( Re: see Part I and II )I have no problem with this. I was just wondering anyone had any suggestions or input that might be helpful at the meeting.

Posted February 22, 2007

I don't think that Gossler Park School is the best it can be.I have a son you has attended this school for 4 years and I can not honestly say that I am impressed.He has had one wonderful teacher since he has been there.My child has ADHD, and I believe that when it comes to actually helping children who need a little extra,they are not willing to give it their all.

Posted January 30, 2007

I have two daughters at Gossler this year one in third and the other in kinder and they are enjoying it so much. Mrs Blackwelder and Mrs Filipowicz are both great. The after school programs are great! And my hats off to Mr Adams! He surely is doing a great job!

Posted November 18, 2006

Gossler teachers are excellent and are very dedicated professionals. Parents in this area need to get up off their butt and start teaching their children respect! I have never seen such rude and lazy students in my life! It's pretty sad when my daughter comes home and tells me that only 4-5 kids in her class did their homework. As far as the comment of no extra-curriculum activities-LIE! The 21st Century program is great for keeping kids off the street and teaching them art-based skills! Gossler Park- keep up the great work and parents-start working with the school instead of against it! One word---respect....it starts at home!

Posted September 4, 2006

my daughter just attended her last year. she is now going to parkside. she has been going there since kindergarden. the school has helped her soooooo much. the principal,mr adams, and the ptg has all put a big spot in her heart. violin,pepsquad,and just helping the school. i myself think that the school has improved sooooooo much it is ecxellent. on the last day my daughter came home crying because she is going to miss the school sooooo much. 'that school is and will be my favorite' she says all the time

Posted March 6, 2006

I really think that the school as a whole does the best ir can with what it is given. My daughter has attended her first 2 years at the school and they have both been positive! She has Mrs Hamilton (who is retiring-best of luck) who was absolutely the best. This year in first grade she is doing wonderful. I do feel that the PTG does the best it can as most of the families are working and unwealthy. Other schools have lots of volunteers andgreat extra-curricular activities but they also are dealing with different families in levels of education and financially. Mr Adams, I feel is doing the best that he can and has cleaned up the school alot since I was young! Keep up the good work and to those of you bashing the school, when was the last time you volunteered?

Posted January 3, 2005

Gossler is a poor school and the general population of kids is poor. Some of the teachers are excellent but most of them are tired. My children all attended classes there and were lucky to have the few excellent teachers. Yelling is a common practice among the teachers when dealing with the students. At lunch the kids are treated as though they are in military school where they're not allowed to talk to their neighbor. If I could have switched schools I would have.

Posted June 8, 2004

My child has ADHD and although his teacher was very accomodating and patient, I felt the other staff they had on hand were downright lazy sometimes. I asked for advice in vain and never felt like I had the whole story as far as my rights and my childs rights. I felt that the absolute minimum was done to help him academically and emotionally at times and when things got done it was because I suggested it and made them implement it. They have no... I'll repeat it... no extracurricular activities for children below third grade and the PTG apparently is strictly for fundraising purposes and don't really accomplish anything. I gave up after just a few months.

Posted May 9, 2004

I too am highly frustrated with this school. I have lived in Manchester my whole life and am now looking to abandon my roots for higher ground. This school needs a major overhall and has much need for improvement. I understand that most of the teachers give their all and love the students but this town does not give them the means to accomplish their goals. My daughter is severly under challenged and I feel the need to find a home and school more suitable for her. Shortly put, ' Their hearts are in the right place but the money is not.'

Posted April 6, 2004

There are so many issues that the school has. Your not allowed enough words to explain the total frustration you encounter when dealing with the PTG and staff. So far the teachers my child has had, one was great the other was horrible. I'm moving just to get my child out of that school.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2012.

67 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 78% in 2012.

68 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % achievement level 3 or 4

In 2011-2012 New Hampshire used the New England Common Assessment Program (NECAP) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in reading and math, and in grades 5, 8 and 11 in writing. The NECAP is a standards-based test that measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of New Hampshire. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficiency level 3.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2012.

50 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 78% in 2012.

52 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 58% in 2012.

All Students53%

Without educational disability61%
Proficient in English58%
Non-migrant57%
Scale: % achievement level 3 or 4

The different student groups are identified by the New Hampshire Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students48%

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 75%N/A25%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

99 Sullivan St