Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Hallsville is a good school in a bad district. The majority of the staff are capable, hardworking, caring, qualified teachers who do an awesome job. There are a handful of troubling teachers sprinkled throughout the building, so I would recommend that parents do their research. Hallsville suffers from many problems that plague the district as a whole: ridiculously high class sizes, political posturing, too much standardized testing, extreme behaviors that are not addressed effectively, not enough classroom aides, and a revolving door of unqualified principals. Fortunately there are two excellent assistant principals, but they can only do so much. There is also a lack of intervention for struggling students, as the small groups are also overfilled. This school has a lot going for it, but also has some major issues that must be addressed, or elsemI could see it spiraling down to being another hopeless Manchester school.

I have loved this school since I was in first grade and I am glad my children get to go there now. The teachers are all nice and keep in touch with me when something comes up. They teach my children very well and they learn so much by the way they teach. If anyone asks I would tell them to send their kids to Hallsville. They treat you like family and even the secretary I had when I was there remembered my name. The school is great.

I was very upset at the lack of communication between at least one teacher and myself, the parent. I was under a certain understanding and was surprised when I was informed of my childs actual situation. There was also a great lack of communicaction within the front office staff. Wondering if I should take the city up on its offer to move my child to a different school?!?!?!

I love this school! It has a small, family atmosphere, caring staff and amazing principal! My kids go here and they really love it!

this is my school and i love it oh and mrs.watson is great

This school just went through a huge tragedy, and could use money for an automated response system to inform parents about what is going on with their children. The principal at this school has created and spends his own time with a running club, to help keep his students in a heathly activity. This school is very community oriented and cares greatly about their students. They are doing so great with helping us be better parents and keeping us informed on issues but they could use alot of help.

I think Hallsville has some wonderful teachers, however, I feel that there is no communication between teachers and special education teachers. I feel the administration is lax in support of it's students and also can work on communication. I feel there is much work to be done in the area of students with special education needs and they border, at times, on several violations of student rights. I was not suprised to learn they are a school that failed in these areas(see their website for their plan of action to correct their failure).

I think Hallsville is a wonderful school in many ways. I have been involved in the 'hallsville' commmunity for many many years and find it to be a pleasant one. They do not humiliate or nor are they too strict. I am sure there are many schools that are far more strict! So to me Hallsville is a great school to bring your children up in. Great people all around!

Last modified Hallsville School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.