Manchester, NH

Posted September 17, 2012
I love this school. I love all the teachers. They have all gone above and beyond to not only be there for my boys but also for me. When my oldest son was in 2nd grade he started at Jewett. I had homeschooled him for first and he was with me at the day care I worked at for Kindergarten . When he was entering 2nd grade I could no longer homeschool him because we couldn't afford for me not to work so he had to enter public school. I was terrified for him because he is small for his age. I was afraid of him being picked on, bullied, being overlooked and more. Mrs Lise LaSalle was his 2nd grade teacher and I praise God for her. She was very sensitive to his needs and mine as well. Ever since I have had nothing but praise for the teachers. In 4th grade he had Mrs. Valerie Tarbell and she also worked very hard with him and had the patience of a saint. He's now in 5th grade and so far doing well. I also have a son in 2nd grade. They both are doing remarkable and I drop them off everyday know they are in good hands and safe. I have nothing bad to say about this school!!! I will cry the last day of school this year when my son will be moving on to Southside.

Posted February 20, 2011
Great school. The parents are involved. All the teachers our son has had have been great. The Principal is wonderful and you can see he truly takes pride in his school.

Posted May 25, 2009
I am a parent. Test scores are not the end all be all for a school. I have had three children attend Jewett School. The teachers care, it is a small school and all children are valued and well cared for. My children are safe. My children learn here. This is a great Manchester School.

Posted August 01, 2008
I love this school. My children love this school. My oldest son has and IEP plan and they have followed it since we transferred there 2 years ago. Both of my children have made excellent progress since being there.

Jewett School 4

Posted May 08, 2008

Jewett School 0

Posted March 30, 2008
I am disgusted with this school! My son has a learning disability and although he has an IEP and goes down to the resource room 2x's a day he has not made anhy progress in over 2 years! He is in 3rd grade for the 2nd time and is still reading at a 1st grade level...disgusting! They see there is a problem but are not doing all they can in my opinion to address this severe problem! They more or less just let him slide by! Communication is a very big problem also! I am very disappointed with this school!

Jewett School 0

Posted February 10, 2008
I love this school, the teachers are wonderful, I waited to purchase a home until I found one in this school district.

Posted September 18, 2007
I love this school. my mother is on the district improvement commitee for the manchester school and jewett is one of the best

Jewett School 4

Posted January 10, 2006
A great elementary school. Big sense of community in this school. Some great teachers that go beyond just the expected. Of course, there are some that need to be replaced, but the dedication of the others far outweigh the few less than desireable ones!

Jewett School
130 South Jewett St, Manchester, NH  03103
Last modified Jewett School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jewett School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top