Manchester Memorial High School

Public | 9-12 | 2012 students

Posted April 21, 2014

This is a great school. The teachers care about their students and the preparedness of their students for college unrivaled in Manchester.

Posted September 22, 2011

This is a great high school Manchester could have. I'm so happy my daughter is attending this school.

Posted April 27, 2010

My son is a student at Memorial, he came from going to catholic private schools from 1-8 grades. I was a little nervous about public high school, he is in 10th grade now and I have been very happy with Memorial , he is an honor student and I would highly recommend this school

Posted March 5, 2010

I think Manchester Memorial school is a great place to learn and interact friendly and safe

Posted October 3, 2009

It is great school. The teachers are very caring.The students treat each other with reapect, no matter the grade

Posted March 11, 2008

I've attended memorial for the past 3 years and i'm going to be graduating in 2009. I think we have spirit and pride but none of that compares to the amount of pride that other students from other schools in the city dish out. As for teachers: they have so much more spirit than they did. A new pool of young new teachers livens up Memorial and its classes so much and gives learning a new edge. Although our sports, besides track, aren't doing as well as we hoped, the music and art departments are excelling beyond belief. Even though most of us students complain about our school, Memorial is really a great school to spend 4 years at in preparation for college.

Posted November 17, 2007

I attended memorial from fall 2004 to spring 2008 and there is so much more spirit and and pride for Memorial now than the two reviews from 2005 and 2003 say. The teachers are fun and helpful, and our principle is awsome. There is a wide variety of classes to choose from and the music and art departments are some of the best. Memorial also has many different sports teams including swim and golf.

Posted January 12, 2006

I attended Memorial as a freshman for the 2002-2003 school year. The following year I moved to MI. The academic excellence I witnessed at Memorial was substantially higher than here in the Midwest. Currently I have no tracked classes so I am often left unchallenged. Also the many topics I covered in challenging classes at MHS are now being repeated as a Senior. Of course every school has downfalls, but now I have a better persepective about just how good I had it. The music and art classes are amazing, I only wish that I could have taken more. The Drama productions were just being brought that year, so that certainly was exciting being in the 1st Drama production in over four years. Parents aren't involved too much, but they really shouldn't be. High school is a place were we can begin to experience independence before going off to college.

Posted April 13, 2005

I went to Memorial from 2000-2004 and I believe that it is lacking in pride and spirit. A big part of it is lack of teacher interest also. The teachers teach the students well and do inspire them to achieve, but not to take pride in school activities, I often heard teachers groan about events or worse force students to attend events when they did not want to, increasing students resentment toward the school. However academically speaking the school is the best I have seen. I am currently working on my teaching degree and hope to apply to memorial to try to liven it up.

Posted August 10, 2003

The teacher quality and principal leadership for this school shines above evry other aspect of Memorial. Overall, Memorial is a decent school but lacks in spirit and pride. I graduated in the late '90's and had relatives who graduated years before me. When I was a child I would attend basketball, soccer, and baseball games. I can assure you that school spirit was not lacking. However, the years that I was there, spirit and pride began to decrease. I currently visit Memorial because of my job and the spirit for this school has declined since my days as a highschooler. Who know? Maybe T. Menswar can come back out of retirement and do things, 'the way that you're supposed to!!'

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 36% in 2014.

426 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2014.

424 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 33% in 2012.

437 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 54% in 2014.

424 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Scale: % achievement level 3 or 4

In 2013-2014 New Hampshire used the New England Common Assessment Program (NECAP) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in reading and math, and in grades 5, 8 and 11 in writing. The NECAP is a standards-based test that measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of New Hampshire. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficiency level 3.

Source: New Hampshire Department of Education

Proficient in English55%
Not migrant52%
Former LEP student - monitoring year 273%
Scale: % achievement level 3 or 4

The different student groups are identified by the New Hampshire Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: New Hampshire Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 32%N/A26%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1 Crusader Way