Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Smyth Road School 4

Posted November 05, 2015
my kids are in this school . their teachers are awesome in creating a free and courageous learning space for kids by inspiring them to be their best while trying to do more. They just want to be in school! good teachers +inspired students =good school.

Posted July 28, 2014
One of the best elementary schools in Manchester. Smyth Road is a community of families that care about their kids and the school. The teachers and staff welcome parents at the school and the overall community participates in making everyone feel welcome. Teachers are professional, caring and help each student grow academically and socially. We have had children in the school for 4 years now and have been very happy with overall school culture. I'm very happy with the staff and the quality of the curriculum and the opportunities to participate in our children's education. If I could change anything it would be the playground, it would be good to see more equipment for the kids to play on. If I were moving to Manchester I would put Smyth Road School district near the top of my must have list for a house.

Smyth Road School 1

Posted May 06, 2014
I worked as a paraprofessional in the autism program at Smyth for almost a year, and I was appalled at the condition of the special ed program. The regular ed teachers either ignore the kids or treat them with obvious disdain. The Principal is completely disinterested in these students and treats the autism program's staff with an incredible level of disrespect. Everyone involved in the program is made to feel like a pariah. Not that the staff of the program are completely free from blame. There are a few great teachers and paras, but the majority of them seem to think that a position in special ed means that they are immune from any consequences of their actions. I've seen paras swear at kids, call them names, pull them across the floor by their arms, and even kick them without retribution from the administration. A teacher in the preschool consistently steals food from students to eat herself, and once prohibited me from reading to a child she didn't like. Not every staff member is like this--some are kind and dedicated--but many have just "checked out" and could not care less about the kids. Smyth may be a fine school for typical kids, but for autistic kids, it's a nightmare.

Posted May 17, 2013
Smyth Road is a wonderful opportunity for any 1-5 grader. We love Mrs. Tyler the secretary. She is kind and reassuring to our daughter. We had a delicate matter that I asked her to tell Candice and she called her to the office to explain rather then shout it out over the class room speaker. She is the best!

Posted June 25, 2007
I sent two children to Smyth Road and I have two more to send. I am very pleased with this school. The teachers are wonderful and friendly as well as the rest of the staff. My children loved this school. I have no complaints about the education as well.

Smyth Road School 2

Posted January 12, 2006
Our child attended Smyth Road and we found that we would have to confirm the sentiments of the first review to the letter.

Smyth Road School

Posted September 27, 2004
Smyth Road School is a good school if you are not used to a progressive, teaching environment. Compared to schools in other districts and even in other states, Smyth Road lags behind in many, many areas. The curriculum is far behind what it should be. Moving from another state, I found that the majority of work that my child did here in 4th grade, was the same as work she did in second grade in the state that we moved from. Very disheartening. The principal is not very involved, and for the school being so small, with a low turnover rate, she should know just about every child's name in that school. A principal sets the tone for a school. So much more could be accomplished, but the leadership to get it done is not there.

Posted March 31, 2004
Smyth Road School has an outstanding reputation in the Manchester area. The best part of the school is the people. The teachers are hard-working and caring, the students are respectful,and the parents are supportive. Our children attended Smyth Road, and we couldn't have asked for a better school. We all have warm memories of Smyth Road. Students who graduated from there often return to visit.

Smyth Road School
245 Bruce Rd, Manchester, NH  03104
Last modified Smyth Road School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smyth Road School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top