Bad
Good

This review comes from a former student who attended Smyth Road from K to 5. It's a great school but has no doubt fallen off since I have attended many of the veteran teachers have moved on and there is now a constant influx of new teachers who are great don't get me wrong but my memories of Smyth include teachers that had seen it all and were in my opinion the best teachers in Manchester an example of one of those would be my third grade teacher Mrs Provencher she was a veteran and is responsible for what me and my brothers have become today. So is Smyth a great school? Yes but plainly put it just does not have the same caliber of teaching as when I attended. But I will always support Smyth for it is the memory in my life in which I will look back on and smile. Sending your kids to Smyth would not only be the best decision you have made but it will hopefully do the same it did for me and create memories that will last a life time.

We just moved to NH from CT. The school's staff and teachers went above and beyond to make my son feel comfortable. His teacher is passionate about teaching and it shows with her attentiveness and care.

my kids are in this school . their teachers are awesome in creating a free and courageous learning space for kids by inspiring them to be their best while trying to do more. They just want to be in school! good teachers +inspired students =good school.

One of the best elementary schools in Manchester. Smyth Road is a community of families that care about their kids and the school. The teachers and staff welcome parents at the school and the overall community participates in making everyone feel welcome. Teachers are professional, caring and help each student grow academically and socially. We have had children in the school for 4 years now and have been very happy with overall school culture. I'm very happy with the staff and the quality of the curriculum and the opportunities to participate in our children's education. If I could change anything it would be the playground, it would be good to see more equipment for the kids to play on. If I were moving to Manchester I would put Smyth Road School district near the top of my must have list for a house.

I worked as a paraprofessional in the autism program at Smyth for almost a year, and I was appalled at the condition of the special ed program. The regular ed teachers either ignore the kids or treat them with obvious disdain. The Principal is completely disinterested in these students and treats the autism program's staff with an incredible level of disrespect. Everyone involved in the program is made to feel like a pariah. Not that the staff of the program are completely free from blame. There are a few great teachers and paras, but the majority of them seem to think that a position in special ed means that they are immune from any consequences of their actions. I've seen paras swear at kids, call them names, pull them across the floor by their arms, and even kick them without retribution from the administration. A teacher in the preschool consistently steals food from students to eat herself, and once prohibited me from reading to a child she didn't like. Not every staff member is like this--some are kind and dedicated--but many have just "checked out" and could not care less about the kids. Smyth may be a fine school for typical kids, but for autistic kids, it's a nightmare.

Smyth Road is a wonderful opportunity for any 1-5 grader. We love Mrs. Tyler the secretary. She is kind and reassuring to our daughter. We had a delicate matter that I asked her to tell Candice and she called her to the office to explain rather then shout it out over the class room speaker. She is the best!

I sent two children to Smyth Road and I have two more to send. I am very pleased with this school. The teachers are wonderful and friendly as well as the rest of the staff. My children loved this school. I have no complaints about the education as well.

Last modified Smyth Road School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.