Posted February 06, 2014
Beware of this school! My child started 6th grade this year and it has been nothing but a nightmare! Bullying or being bullied is a way of life there and the staff is either completely clueless or they just don't care. Unless your child is an A student you will have your work cut out for you! The classes are over-crowded...I'd really like to know where the student to teacher ratio came from because it's not accurate. There are gangs and fights break out in the bathrooms. There is an armed police officer on site at all times. If your child needs extra help or has an IEP you are in for an exhausting fight to get them to do their jobs. If we could pull our child from this school we would.

Posted March 25, 2013
This school is like a bad TV movie: "Uncontrollable kids and the teachers who support them." The academics aren't much better, in fact they're fine for 4th through 6th grade level- far below what they should be. Why is that? Is the curriculum district-wide? And why has the public not been updated on the serious violent incidents which have occurred there for the past two years? Do the kids still have to use the "buddy system" to go to the bathroom? The local paper stopped writing about it. for some reason. Hmm...

Southside Middle School 3

Posted September 09, 2011
This is my first year here and so far i like it. but its only been like 5 days so ya but i dont mind it there the kids here are awesome :) like me haha jk but i like it here much better then a private school

Posted April 01, 2011
this school do not have competent teachers, however its assistant principal is very professional and dedicated.

Posted April 21, 2010
My son is in the 6th grade here and I feel like I want to beat my head against the wall every day. 2 teachers so far have taken the road of humiliating and demeaning my child in front of the class. He has an IEP and Learning disability. They have no idea how to teach and only encourage the strait A students. Threats of violence and violence abound with no care really. I have even had a police report because a gang member from South Side threatened my house and us. I would sell my house and move just to get away if I could in this market. If you send you child here beware. I want to just pull my son out and home school him. The staff at this school fights me every step of the way.

Southside Middle School 5

Posted March 31, 2010
A perfect school for anyone who lives their in Manchester, New Hampshire

Southside Middle School 2

Posted March 15, 2010

Southside Middle School 5

Posted January 19, 2010
I think southside is an amazing school. I am glad my daughter goes there.

Posted October 04, 2009

Posted September 30, 2009

Southside Middle School
140 South Jewett St, Manchester, NH  03103
Last modified Southside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southside Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top