Bad
Good

I had a very bad experience here, the administration and teachers were totally apathetic and dispassionate. Violence and bullying were not taken seriously. It was a horrible school experience on the tail of a very positive elementary and middle school experience.

I am currently a senior at west and I must say they did a great job because when I started freshmen year I was struggling so they placed me out of district into a private school where they rebuilt my confidence and taught me ways to cope with my anxiety and after being at this place for 2 years I came back to west in the middle of junior year and because of where I was credit wise from doing well in the private setting I am now a senior set to graduate early from west high school. P.s the teachers and assistant principals are awesome highly recommend this school for residents of Manchester.

I graduated from West High School in the year 2012, and I have to say, it was the worst experience of my life. I was not prepared for college AT ALL. Once I got there, I was immediately overwhelmed by the workload. I was always told I was a smart girl, but now I'm a 19 year old college dropout working at Walmart as a cashier and still living with my parents. My friends and I always used to joke about how 2/3 of the student body would be college dropouts. I never thought one of them would be me.

I am a senior at West currently. The school has provided me with the a great education. I am in the decision process of my college search and I have several phenomenal schools to choose from. West provides its students with a quality education if they are willing to do the work and take the rigorous classes! Although the school's extracurriculars may be going down hill a bit due to Bedford students leaving, it can easily rise back up again if more Manchester and Hooksett students are willing to keep it alive. I take offense to some of the comments made here and am willing to vouch for the school West is. An education is what you make of it and anyone can learn and become successful if they work for it. In addition, the teachers are easily accessible and encourage their students to do well!

My oldest daughter attended West. I felt that most of the staff seemed overwhelmed by the students. The expectations for the students were not high and there was no guidance offered. We had a handful of teachers that really seemed to care, but also many that seemed to be just doing their job without any real interest.

I am currently a Senior at West. I have read the other reviews on this site and I find them to be insulting and untrue. The School is not in the best shape, however it is anything but gross(except for a few broken ceiling tiles). The students at west are not all from non college families as stated. There are plenty of AP and college prep courses, as well as qualified teachers to teach them. The rules are not to lax at all and It is rare to find students wandering the halls or doing inappropriate things after school. I like West, even if I hate school.

West is not a good school. The school doesn't care about its students and the general area is gross.

Last modified Manchester West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.