Bad
Good

Wilson School 1

Posted June 07, 2015
Teachers and staff are very rude..... they don't have patience with kids who struggle with everyday school work

Posted November 29, 2007
My husband and I are the proud parents of two Wilson School Alumni who are now in High School and Middle School respectively and two current Wilson School students who are in 4th and 5th grade respectively. My husband and I have been parent volunteers there for the ten years we've lived here in Manchester. During that time we've seen two Principals the first of whom just retired at the end of last year after many years of dedicated service and the other who has worked her way up through the ranks at Wilson over the last 30+ years. Both were/are dedicated, exceptional people who believe in quality education for our children. We've also seen many teachers. Some have retired and others have gone on to spread their wings to challenge themselves by taking what they've learned and try out new school districts. More to follow later...

Posted January 07, 2006
Our grandkids attended a good school district when they lived in Missouri, so we were very apprehensive when they moved to Manchester two years ago. But now, we couldn't be more pleased with the quality of education they are receiving. Our granddaughters raved about their 5th grade teacher, Ms. Demore. In November, we had an opportunity to visit our grandson's kindergarten class. We were so impressed with the way Mrs. Cooper interacted with the kids. We listened in while she taught. She obviously had the kids complete attention and respect. She invloved everyone and never talked down to anyone. We were treated like celebrebrities. Our grandson, Ethan, absolutley loves Mrs. Cooper, and eagerly looks forward to school each day. And now, we love her too and consider her a member of our family. Jim & Linda Ralston, Raytown, Missouri

Posted November 13, 2005
I was very skeptical of my son going to an inner-city school like Wilson. However the Kindergarden teacher that my son had last year proved me wrong. She went out of her way with every child in her class to make them feel good about going to school and made them very willing to learn. We went on a trip to New York and she bought my son a disposable camera to take picutes of his trip and gave him a note book to write a story about his trip. I was so afraid that my son would not do well academically. I was very mistaken! I think that the teacher that my son had last year should have received THE TEACHER OF THE YEAR AWARD! If I had of know how to go about getting her nominated, I would have.

Wilson School 3

Posted August 17, 2005
My Daughter goes to Wilson . Overall I think the school is ok but I think there could be better communication with Teachers and Parents . I also think Manchester School district as a whole could do a LOT better with organizing things much better. We moved here from another part of the country and were use to getting info in the mail right before school starts about who the kids Teachers were going to be etc . Here,they don't do that. I'm always having to call around trying to figure out when they'll let us know . It's frusterating. Even Wilson's school website hasn't been updated since 2000 . Plus I wish ,Manchester would state what supplies are needed for each grade ,that's another thing I never see. These are such simple things .

Posted October 28, 2004
My three kids went to wilson school, they have the best teachers, my kids loved the school and they learned alot!

Posted August 26, 2003
Both of my boys have gone to the Wilson school the last two years. I was very pleased with the attention the teachers paid to any problems the boys were having. They were very helpful in getting back to me regarding any questions I had.

Wilson School 4

Posted August 10, 2003
my child was in first grade there. the teacher she had was so involved with ensuring that she was getting a complete education. she also was helping to make the right decisions for my childs medical issues. i am really pushing to keep my child in this school for the remainder of her elementary years now that we have moved outside of the zone. i personally believe that this is the best school in manchester. from the crossing guards to the principal.

401 Wilson St, Manchester, NH  03103
Last modified Wilson School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.