No rating

St Catherine Of Siena School

Private | PK-6 | 330 students

Living in Manchester

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $174,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,045.

Posted March 15, 2014

This is the best school in Manchester. I give it 5 stars. Would send my kids back if I had to do it over. Discipline, community spirit, focus on learning.

Posted November 22, 2013

St. Catherine School is the best school in the area. It's graduates routinely go on to achieve academic success in high school and beyond. I couldn't be more pleased with the administration and staff. A++

Posted September 30, 2013

This school would be great with new leadership. Theres more drama with the adults than the children. The administration needs to practice what the preach.

Posted September 29, 2013

A+ School! The teachers are kind, compassionate, and very effective! Great curriculum which offers so much for the kids.-sports, drama, Spanish, music, art, computers, library - each one super - and a host of after school activities. A faith-filled community of believers that values children and their families! Wonderful teachers that go the extra mile for the kids. Fantastic academics and out of this world arts, music, and drama programs...something for everyone!!!

Posted September 29, 2013

I love St. Catherine's School, its teachers, and the many activities and specials it affords. My 8 year old came home so excited and could recite all of the color words learned in Spanish class. The school has a first-rate physical ed. program and does an outstanding job in the arts! Sending my children to St. Catherine's has been one of the finest decisions of our lives!

Posted September 8, 2013

St Catherine of Siena is a great school - the education is strong and the teachers are caring. St Catherine is a wonderful school!

Posted September 8, 2013

Both my children attended Saint Catherine School and we loved it. The staff was excellent and challenged each child to bring out their best. We found the school to be a loving and caring Christian environment.

Posted September 8, 2013

The teachers are wonderful and caring. The arts are above and beyond any other school. I cant say enough wonderful things about the St. Catherine of Siena School.

Posted September 8, 2013

I am an alumna of St Catherine and thought it was a great school. Those people I know that currently send their kids to the school love it as well. I would definitely not hesitate to send my children to St Catherine in the future.

Posted September 8, 2013

The staff of St. Catherine has always been courteous to me as a parent, with teachers who are happily accessible--even after normal school hours. I feel good about the Catholic environment fostered at the school, as well as the challenging curriculum. My daughter especially enjoys her music and theatre classes. I strongly recommend St. Catherine's to anyone seeking a small, friendly, Christian learning environment where children are truly encouraged to spread their wings academically, creatively, and spiritually!

Posted September 8, 2013

I can't say enough about St. Catherine of Siena School! It has been such a pleasure to send my children there. I believe that there is no better staff anywhere! The staff cares deeply for the children and goes the extra mile to make their learning experience first rate! The administration is accessible, supportive, and always available! I love all of the extra-curricular activities that my children are involved in! The special enrichment programs/specials are top notch and round out my children's ed. beautifully! Thank you, St. Catherine's!

Posted September 8, 2013

St. Catherine School is an excellent place for your children to receive their education. I have seen many graduating classes full of happy, high achieving children come through these doors. The teachers and the administration go the extra mile to be sure that every child is included and participates to the fullest in a wide range of activities and academics.

Posted September 8, 2013

My son has been attending St. Catherine's since pre-K; he's now in third grade. Each teacher he's had has been dedicated and caring, while always challenging him to do his best. He's very much looking forward to joining the basketball team this year, and I can tell from the "lessons" he tells me about when he gets home that he's not only learning a lot but enjoying his education (he's got me beat--I didn't learn to count to 10 in Spanish until junior high!). I'm impressed, too, with how visible and devoted the vice principal and principal are. A big round of applause to the staff and teachers of St. Catherine's!

Posted September 8, 2013

We are new to St Catherine School and we love it!!! The first day of school was so awesome, we were greeted at the door on the first day of school. It was warm and inviting - I'm so happy we found this school

Posted December 4, 2012

My four kids attend this school, and yes, it is strict and rules are to be adhered to. If you don't like that, this is not the school for you. Children are expected to behave and treat others with respect, something we desperately need in today's world. We love this school, Sister Janet, the teachers and the families.

Posted May 26, 2012

As an alumni of St. Catherine's, I'm not pleased with them at all. I remember dreading school everyday. I was bullied and the teachers did not help, despite the fact that they knew what ws going on. My peers shared my feelings. It was an exceptional school up until about grade 3, before everything changed. The arts program is very poor, along with the foriegn language program. Sports are pretty good but the academics needs to improve. Classes were too large and teachers weren't equipped with the neccesities to teach. I graduated in 2011.

Posted May 29, 2010

As a grandparent as well as an educator in the Nashua School District, I am throughly satified with the top-notched education my second grade grandchild is receiving at St. Catherine's. The Principal has her finger on the pulse and has the respect and devotion of her staff as well as her students. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming with a politeness I feel is the direct result of religion being infused into the curriculum... a focus on high ideals!

Posted March 23, 2010

Our child has been attending St. Catherine's for 4 years now and loves it. We plan on sending our second child as well. Teachers are very dedicated and loving. Parent involvement is welcomed. Yes classroom size is larger at the lower grades (K-2) but that's b/c many parents switch to Hooksett public in grade 3. It was mentioned that the administration is a bit 'strict' or 'old fashioned.' I find this actually to be a good thing. Rules are made to be followed, not bent. Respect and discipline are emphasized. Traditional values are instilled, soemthing very rare. This school is a gem.

Posted September 1, 2009

St Catherine could possibly be a strong school with a better leadership team. For the K-2 years, classes are above 27 students. Not a lot of individualized attention. There is no overall discipline program to help set goals for behavior. In my experience, admin was not supportive to students. As an educator, I was dissappointed by the weakness in writing and math. Yes, it is a small community but when class size is large - it is difficult for each child to have individualized attention. Some great teacher but sadly others who need to find different career paths.

Posted December 5, 2008

This is such a great school. I have two children both in St. Catherine's and they love going there each day. I would highly recommend this school to any parent who wants their children to have the best education possible while at the same time learning values they will carry forward their entire lives.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Manchester

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

206 North Street