No rating

Mount Zion Christian Schools

Private | PK-12

Living in Manchester

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $135,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,045.

Posted Sunday, July 27, 2014

I attended MZCS my 8th grade year, and left to attend a different school for my high school years. My experience was not as great as others may have had, and I made many observations during my time there. I noticed that the faculty is more focused on how the school looks to others, and not about the heart of the school. The rules and guidelines about dress code, "side hugs", and other things related to those captured the attention of the faculty more than anything else. I noticed that the importance of rules being enforced was stronger than the importance of God being the focus of the education. Many people have had good experiences at this school, but I have also spoken with people who have experiences similar to mine. If you want to send your child here, I would suggest doing a test-run, and not forcing them to stay if they are miserable. It's not for everyone.

Posted April 18, 2014

My children have been attending Mount Zion for 5 years. We transitioned out of homeschooling. It was a seamless transition for them due to the warm and loving atmosphere of the school. The school limits the class size and our children have really benefited from a smaller classroom. My children have been encouraged to reach their greatest potential in their academic work. Also, I feel the staff really care about how my students are doing in all areas of their life. Our school is a place where families can really become involved and make an impact. One of the special things has been the many opportunities to serve others in the community through programs the school has instituted.

Posted April 5, 2014

Mount Zion Christian School is a great Christ centered school who's staff and faculty live out their faith daily and are absolutely vested in each child's education. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful place for our daughter to grow in her spiritual walk and be challenged academically. As an inter denominational school everyone has been very loving and accepting of our family. We absolutely love this great school.

Posted March 31, 2014

We love Mount Zion Christian Schools because it has afforded our children with a Christ-loving environment where they can grow both in their spiritual walk and education. The staff and faculty at Mount Zion Christian Schools are truly vested in the growth of the children there. They love on my children and really get to know them including strengths and weaknesses and learn how to maximize their potential. My children felt accepted here immediately and encouraged to be individuals who are uniquely created by our Maker.

Posted March 26, 2014

I have three children at Mount Zion with a fourth starting K5 next year. The teachers and Dean of Students were instrumental in helping my children and family through a military deployment (very tough on my then kindergartener). The faculty and staff bring their devotion to Christ with them as they teach my children God's word and challenging academics. The standards are high, the use of technology is cutting edge, and the academics are hands-on and experiential. I proudly recommend Mount Zion Christian Schools to all who are considering private Christian school.

Posted April 15, 2013

Our son is in the K4 program now and it's amazing to see his growth both academically and spiritually. He's so adorable with his knowledge of Jesus and the excitement he shows for gaining more knowledge on everything! He can sound out words and just has a passion for learning. The teachers are amazing. You can truly tell they love your child and want the best for them. They keep you in the loop with weekly emails and truly make you feel part of the community. I give this school an above and beyond five stars!

Posted June 28, 2011

My son has attended MZCS for the past three years. He considers the school faculty and fellow students part of his family. MZCS employs exceptional staff and truly exemplifies Christ through the fruits they exhibit which includes love, grace, forgiveness, commitment to teaching and discipleship, service, and joy through having fun. We are truly blessed by this school and thank the Lord every day for bringing us to it. Our son is challenged and encouraged at the same time. He has showed such personal growth and acheivement. We are thrilled with where he is and where he is going with the help of MZCS.

Posted May 20, 2011

As an active Board Member for MZCS, I have grown to love this school in a deep way. Just walking through the halls and being greeted by the students with smiles on their faces and laptops in their hands has proven that we are not only a school, but a family. Each student is given the chance to excel in his or her classes by our leveling program. This assures that no student is falling behind and the teachers attention to detail creates an atmosphere of comfort and ease for each student to succeed in their work. I think one of my most favorite things about MZCS is their community outreach. They are constantly planning and developing new ways to reach their surrounding community and show the love of God to a needy world. It really shows that MZCS is not only dedicated to educating each student well, but they are just as dedicated at preparing each student for what God s plan is for them.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 19, 2011

Mount Zion has provided our daughter Jenelle a fantastic education and an even better academic experience. She has grown in her academic performance, her spiritual growth, her social behavior and has enjoyed it every step of the way. We have been really blessed with our experience and I am happy to say she will be attending Mount Zion for many years to come.

Posted May 19, 2011

When we found out about Mount Zion and what they had to offer our daughter we immediately were excited about the prospect of her becoming a MZCS student. They have offered her a great education this year and I look forward to each year she attends. The teachers and staff are extremly kind and care a deep amount for each student that goes. It is apparent in their dedication to the children's spiritual growth, academic performances and overall direction. Each teacher is highly recommended within the academia circles...trust me...I checked!

Posted May 16, 2011

My three kids attend MZCS and simply LOVE their school! Mount Zion does a tremendous job equipping my children academically and spiritually. The one thing that really stands out is in the way MZCS supports the parents by offering fantastic evening sessions throughout the year where gifted speakers offer personal insight, biblical guidance, and encouragement. MZCS really excels at reaching out to families who care about a high quality Christian education.

Posted April 21, 2011

We have been at MZCS for 7 years and my family's experience has been nothing short of amazing. The academics are extremely challenging, the teachers take the time to intimately know each student, they challenge the students and encourage them to move out of their comfort zones. Equally important, these teachers sew Biblical truths into my children every day. They are truly concerend about the entire person that God has made, they seek His counsel and involve the parents in developing Godly character in each student. Liked: Disliked:

Posted September 8, 2009

New parent at Mt Zion, my child transferred following a difficult year and the Principal and staff have been wonderfully supportive and accommodating. My child is excited about school again and we are delighted with the turnaround in our child already, excellent school, highest recommendation

Posted August 4, 2008

Both of my boys attended MZCS last year and will be returnthing this year. Our experience has been nothing short of fantastic. The teachers work with the parents to best teach each student as an individual. I have up to the day updates on grades and any behavior incidents that may have taken place. My children love it there. My older son who had attended public school prior to coming to MZCS said he feels that his teacher at MZCS really care about him. The student to teacher ratio is phenominal and the teachers really get the chance to know their students. We also love the fact that Christ's lessons are put to practical use on a daily basis.

Posted August 1, 2008

I am a student at Mount Zion and wouldn't change it for anything. Every school has there problems and you aren't going to like everything at its fullest in life but at this school, I haven't found a lot that could be fixed. At Mount Zion, the teachers and principals listen to what you have to say and take it to heart. Also, I love that we have the basic classes. You don't have to worry about getting a seat in a class or finding if there is a class that you need to take, they do it for you. For extracurricular activities, we have the basics and when we get more students that problem will be solved. For safety and discipline, the school has done a great job in making sure the kids are safe and brought up in a respectable manner at school. I have loved my experience here.

Posted August 1, 2008

Strong foundational Christian School. 1) Building - Recently purchased a new building (move in Nov 2007). Building has plenty of classrooms, a gym, kitchen, library, outside play areas, ample parking, etc. 2) Teachers - Definitely a heart for educating children. Integrates HIS (Christ's) Story into the classes. Caring and takes time to work with the students. Experienced. 3) Community My children do not feel like a number. The classroom sizes are smaller, which helps advance the learning for my children. They have levels at the school, thereby giving the opportunity for accelerated students advance, while providing base and middle level classes for others. The community is building and certainly came together last year when we needed to purchase the building and help upgrade. 4) Headmaster and staff caring and professional 5) Technologically strong A school worth attending!

Posted August 1, 2008

I'm a student at Mount Zion and I really like it there. Academically, there aren't a lot of classes outside the basics avaiable to the students, and I'd love it if there were AP classes available. As far as the new building goes, it's great- beautiful, warm and cold at appropriate and separate times, enough room for everyone, spacious classrooms, and good separation between the elementary school and middle school, and middle and high school. We don't have many sports available, but there really isn't much to do about that unless we have more students. In the aspect of safety, the new building is in a very safe and friendly neighborhood. In fact, this winter, the high school praise team went caroling and we met a lot of the neighbors. In short, I would definitely send my child to Mount Zion because it's improved so much over the last few years.

Posted April 19, 2007

great principal, some great teachers, some not quite up to par. water leaks around the whole school, not very clean. nice basketball gym with a decent soccer field behind the school

Posted January 8, 2006

I'm currently a student at Mt. Zion Christian schools. While the spiritual aspect of the school is amazing, the extracurricular programs are very lacking. Sports include soccer, basketball, and boys baseball, but the programs for each are all very small. It is a very small school with an average of about 12 kids per grade and this can often cause some problems with exclusion and such. It's a newer school so the academics are still being built. They are trying to build a new building so expect to be bombarded with fundraising. I love this school so if you have a lot of school spirit and are willing to take on a project come here now. But if your younger and have the time, I recommend come here 5 years from now when it's bigger and better.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab