Posted February 27, 2011
Admin allowed my child to be bullied, hit and kicked by other kids on more than one occasion. Students and some teachers/parent are bullies and admin uses the Delphi technique to make parents feel like idiots. Teachers are inexperienced and unable to teach to different learning styles. This school totally disrespected my child!

Posted February 26, 2011
This is a fantastic school and I feel incredibly fortunate my children get to attend JMES. The teachers my children have had are amazing and I am so impressed with the level of volunteerism and community. I cannot say enough good things about JMES.

Posted February 02, 2011
I have been a JMES parent for 5 years and still have 2 children in. One who will be leaving this year and another in 2nd grade. I cannot say enough great things about this school. The dedicated teachers and specialist are amazing. The truly look at the individual child and help where needed, whether it's challenging them more or giving extra help where needed. The programs offered rise over and above other schools! They have won the Blue Ribbon Award for the past 28 years and won 10 Gold Circle Awards in the 2009-2010 school year. I have thought about moving out of NH and have waited until my children are through with this school, because I love it so much.

Posted November 28, 2010
Below average staff, administration that has no clue. Caters to most common denominator (below average), if your child is intelligent, they might not come out of this school with many of the skills they came with. I wouldn't let my dog go to this school.

Posted November 11, 2010
Horrible, horrible school. Never let your kids attend this school. There are a handful of premium teachers and the rest are awful. Of course in the 6 years we have been there, only one of my kids got lucky, ONCE. No thank you. The administration punished my kids year after year, and I was a true volunteer. I wish I could take back all of the time I invested, all it ever amounted to was thanklessness from the administration and punishment for my kids. I'll never set foot in that school again.

Posted October 09, 2009
I have had nothing but positive experiences with this school. My son is in his third year at JMES and loves it. The teachers he has had have all impressed me and they go out of their way to make sure the kids are challenged and the teaching adapts to their different levels.

Posted September 01, 2009
Incredible school! As an educator, I am completely impressed with the adminstration, support staff & teachers. Everyone is there to lend a hand to students. Warm supportive environment. Many different clubs & school wide activities. This is a happy place for a child to learn.

Posted November 28, 2007

James Mastricola Elementary School 4

Posted March 25, 2007
Both of my children went to MES and I could not be happier. The smaller size lends to a more caring enviroment with personalized attention as needed.

James Mastricola Elementary School 2

Posted March 06, 2007
Beware of MES! I've had three kids go there totaling 14 years and it hasn't been easy. While it is four years of their school years it's an important four years. The staff is average at best. Many are complacent and should no longer be around. If you are a parent who can donate much of your time, you have a better chance. But, if you work, look out! Year after year, my children do the same work. Do these teachers ever change their lesson plans?

James Mastricola Elementary School
7 School St, Merrimack, NH  03054
Last modified James Mastricola Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Mastricola Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top