Merrimack High School 5

Posted June 08, 2011
I think this high school is what you make of it. I'm about to graduate in two days and I made some poor choices, but I've had a very rough high school career. My teachers, guidance counselors, assistant principal and principal all worked very hard to help me. Through their persistence in wanting me to succeed I'm about to graduate and go off to a fantastic college. I was able to walk out with far better art skills, language skills, writing, math(I can do well in now), and so on. Everyone that I have had for a teacher has been so supportive of my dreams and encouraging me to be better. One word of advise is If you take Portfolio it WILL challenge you to be strong emotionally. That class has prepared me for life and college like nothing else could. There are also MANY clubs to ensure you're focus will be touched upon.

Merrimack High School 1

Posted July 15, 2009
This school is fine as long as your student does not have any learning disabilities. If your child is in need of or you suspect they will need SPED services, make sure you have an educational advocate or a lawyer. And make sure your representative is present at all meetings. Make sure you get and put everything in writing.

Merrimack High School 1

Posted September 15, 2008

Posted August 03, 2007
I attended MHS a year ago...(now a graduate) and I have to say I think it was a great school for the most part. Just my freshman year of college I made dean's list both semesters and I think it's largely because of the hard work the teachers gave and their great desire for us to succeed. (there may be a few exceptions) I had some great teachers who have taught not only about school, but about life.

Posted March 06, 2007
Merrimack High School has been fantastic for my son. He is now a straight A student and involved in sports. The teachers have been so helpful and supportive of my son.

Merrimack High School 2

Posted February 24, 2007
I attended merrimack high school for five years and I must say as a student the school was terrible. There was poor communication between the students and the faculty. The school didn't seem to focus on the students as much as it should. I stayed back due to some of my bad choices but most of the problem lay in the way they handle discipline. There is a handful of rather fantastic teachers but overall it was a dreadful place.

Posted June 06, 2006
I've had six children attend this school-- four of which have already graduated . We love Merrimack. Naturally, there is the occasional teacher that no one seems to get along with. They assign a lot of homework but that helps teach good work ethic and discipline, making them well prepared for college. Parents are able to get involved as much as they want and are always welcome as volunteers. There are a lot of activities to be involved in including state champion athletic teams and an awarded drama group.

Merrimack High School
38 McElwain St, Merrimack, NH  03054
Last modified Merrimack High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Merrimack High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top