Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some teachers are effective, but, some aren't at all. I think students end up becoming careless when the teacher isn't very good.

Amount of homework: Agree

It honestly depends on which classes they take. Unfortunately some students end up taking the wrong classes for them.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I think they don't at all, I've never heard of them trying to do this..

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers don't know how to control the students very good, I've seen this a lot, especially when a fight breaks out, they don't act fast enough...

Amount of homework: Agree

I think it depends on the classes you take, which for some can get a little tricky.

Develops character: Neutral

Most students here at MHS turn out fine but some do end up badly, such as getting in legal trouble.

The teachers have been very responsive to my questions and concerns, overall I think they are working hard to get things right and will work with you and your student to support them.

Merrimack High is an awful high school. The teachers are absolutely terrible, the school is very rundown, kids get in fights in the halls, drugs are everywhere. Overall, it's a very bad high school and I'm not impressed with the town of Merrimack.

I think this high school is what you make of it. I'm about to graduate in two days and I made some poor choices, but I've had a very rough high school career. My teachers, guidance counselors, assistant principal and principal all worked very hard to help me. Through their persistence in wanting me to succeed I'm about to graduate and go off to a fantastic college. I was able to walk out with far better art skills, language skills, writing, math(I can do well in now), and so on. Everyone that I have had for a teacher has been so supportive of my dreams and encouraging me to be better. One word of advise is If you take Portfolio it WILL challenge you to be strong emotionally. That class has prepared me for life and college like nothing else could. There are also MANY clubs to ensure you're focus will be touched upon.

This school is fine as long as your student does not have any learning disabilities. If your child is in need of or you suspect they will need SPED services, make sure you have an educational advocate or a lawyer. And make sure your representative is present at all meetings. Make sure you get and put everything in writing.

Last modified Merrimack High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.