Merrimack, NH

Merrimack Middle School 3

Posted April 29, 2015
I am a parent who moved to this district in hopes of a better experience than where I'd lived before. W/r/t use of technology and online resources: I am met with the answer that "not all students have access, so we are not going to move too quickly on that item." W/r/t communication: every question or concern that I've voiced has been met with the response, "We'd be happy to discuss this on the phone or in person." Unfortunately, I am a working parent who can not communicate on the phone during my work day or just leave temporarily to have a meeting. The aversion to email is unbelievable this day in age. The outgoing principal is a micro-manager who has created a very dismal climate for the educators. Luckily (?), the kids are thirteen and fourteen, and generally don't notice whether their teachers are happy. Innovative ideas are shut down, teachers are given far too much autonomy w/r/t curriculum, and the teachers that actually make learning interesting and fun are rewarded with more work and less acknowledgement and respect. I am hopeful that the incoming principal will address the culture and reward the teachers that are doing right by our kids.

Merrimack Middle School
31 Madeline Bennett Ln, Merrimack, NH  03054
Last modified Merrimack Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Merrimack Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top