Posted June 13, 2014
MHS is by far the best school I have ever had the pleasure of attending. The teachers have a good relationship with there students and the administration. The school it's self is run down but they stay up to date on the technology. It's not very gand like.. it's just not a fancy looking school... and the look makes parents worry that it's ghetto... but it's not... a earlier comment suggested that MHS gets medal detectors but I have never seen or heard of any violent weapons brought into the school... come to MHS

Milford High School 0

Posted March 20, 2010
As a student. This is my Senior year. I wish I had transferred to another school, this school was great Freshman, and Sophomore year, but now the school has turned around. There is hardly spirit week, no fun days outside like there used to be, and no school spirit at all. Everyday I wake up to a huge disappointment. I do not get respect from any of my teachers, I am not treated the way I should be especially when I ask a question, I am simply looked upon as a stupid person when I do. I never talk back or get in trouble. I just feel like my High School years have gone down the toilet, and I feel empty, and wish I could have moved.

Milford High School 1

Posted May 06, 2008

Milford High School 2

Posted April 08, 2008
I often feel like parents are actively discouraged from school involvement. My daughter's IEP is rarely followed. There are some outstandingly wonderful teachers there, but there are some outstandingly horrible ones, as well. More needs to be done to prevent criminal activity at the school. There needs to be a metal detector as some kids bring in weapons. Gangs are active there, although a recent newspaper story where only hand selected students were allowed to be interviewed made it sound like all is hunky dory at the school. Education is like dirt. You can take it and grow pretty flowers in it or you can just throw cold water on it and make mud. I'm not sure what Milford tries to nurture--but unless they get rid of the gangs and criminals in the school, it's not going to be pretty.

Posted January 03, 2008
As a senior graduating in June of '08, I have to say that attending Milford was a great experience. The Applied Technology Opens many doors for students including internships if the student is willing to take advantage of it. The teachers at Milford are all qualified and provided me with a great education that I will continue to build this coming fall at UNH.

Posted October 19, 2007
Milford High School is a great school with a great Applied Technology Center!

Posted September 27, 2007
As a parent of a student who graduated last year I have to say that Milford High School has a great program available to the students. The students have to take advantage of what is being offered. If there is something that is not available the school administration will work with you to get that program. The administration is very willing to work with the students that want to learn.

Milford High School 1

Posted July 01, 2006
I was a student at Milford High School but recently transferred for several reasons. 1-There was zero diversity at this school. 2- Some teachers were quite ignorant. This school is tiny and offers very little culture for a students life. If a student attended this school and never left Milford, they would probably live a boring, sheltered life. I suggest not going to this school, because I had a bad learning environment when I did.

Posted December 09, 2005
As a conscientious parent, I am extremely pleased with the staff and their commitment to discipline, education, and creating a healthy learning environment. For a middle class town, Milford really puts a tremendous amount of emphasis on quality of education!

Posted June 15, 2005
As a parent and educator (not in Milford) I am often asked what I think of the Milford School System. I have always been pleased with my son's education. My son is a sophmore. While he has many talents, writing has always been difficult for him. Teachers have taken extra time to work individually with him. Although we have seen improvement, he still has a way to go. I had wanted him to sign up for the essay writing course his sophomore or junior year. I mentioned this to his guidance counselor and discovered that it was only offered to seniors since they used it to write their senior essay. I thought my son would benefit from taking it sooner to help hone his skills. The counselor took my concerns to the staff and now the class is offered to juniors as well. I guess voices are heard in Milford!

Milford High School
100 West St, Milford, NH  03055
Last modified Milford High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Milford High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top