Bad
Good

my son next year will soon be going to kindergarten really 2 and a half hours of kindergarten now he has 4 and a half definitely not pleased about that.

I must say this school is by far one of the best schools. The teachers & staff are excellent. I'm so happy I chose milford To reside in & not nashua there's no way my children will slip threw the cracks here. My children are getting an A+ education. One of my boys is struggling with math & reading & he's in kindergarten in Mrs. Mqueeneys class she had noticed right away & got him the exta help! I love that Mrs. Mqueeney has kept me up to date & in the loop with things she has gone the extra mile for my son . My son is improving & doing much better. Thank you for being a great school & having staff an excellent staff. Mrs. Mqueeney is an A+ teacher

Letter that I had to write to this school I want to thank you for letting me know that you all changed the meeting of Dustin's IED and calling me to let me know about it. I noticed that my ex wife was there to sign the paperwork but I was never called about it. I was called to let me know that the meeting was going to be on the 21 of this month and now I read on the paperwork you send home with Dustin that you had the meeting on the 14. What is up with that??!! Thanks for letting me be in my child's education!! Also I was reading the paperwork and it stated for the school NOT TO CALL ME UNLESS ITS A EMERGENCY!! Really?? I am the only person that the school can ever get a hold of and now you want to try to cut me out?? Really?!?!? I am not happy with how this school is allowing me to be a part of my sons schooling. To recall I dont think I have been notified of one single parent teacher meeting in the past 2 years!! I am not going to sit back and allow this school to do this to me or my son any longer. I am going to be writing the attorney general and also to the MIlford School board in regards to this matter. This letter is longer but I am limited to how much I can put on

I moved here from Nashua. I am not sure why these other parents have a difficult time. I am a busy woman, the teacher, Mrs. Egan called and had a parent teacher conference over the phone. She has kept me in the loop every step of the way. I told them that my son was told at Ledge St. that he did sloppy work. Also his teacher there told me he needed glasses. Well Jaques memorial did an eye test, and said yes his right eye seems weaker but this should not be the cause of his sloppy writing. Instead we find it is things he does not find interesting that he does sloppy work with, Mrs. Egan has made him slow down. He has improved, and seems so happy here. He goes to school when he's sick because he just doesn't want to miss a day. First grade is about building the foundation, if you cannot read and do math you cannot participate in science and social studies. Of course this is what you start with. First graders should have these concentrations in their curriculum. As for not being communicated with, first check that you have shown an interest and not have not given the teacher the impression that she is bothering you. A+ for Jaques I am impressed!

We had a disappointing 2 years here. The teachers yelled at the kids a lot and only did the minimum required. Also the curriculum is subpar at best. Also, communicating with the teachers is very difficult. They tend to pass the buck.

Overall we had an OK experience at Jacques. The teachers are great. My biggest problem was the curriculum. District wide, children at this level are only taught reading and math. Anything else is worked into the reading books (social studies, science, etc.). I really felt that my child should be learning a wider range of subjects.

I think the staff and principal are great and caring about the students. I do think the expectations of what these children have to learn in the first grade is very high. They don't seem to have enough time to socialize and build relationships with friends. After all they are only 6 and 7 year olds.

The teachers here are pretty good. My son is doing well and is learning alot. My only issue is the amount of home work a 1st grader gets a day. More and more often then my high school children. Otherwise the staff is great and the principal is awesome!!

Not a great school, they don't control the kids well, and my child hasn;t learned anything in 2 months. I just have a bad experience overall..

Last modified Jacques Memorial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-1