Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Good caring teachers and kind staff, but they don't have ELL for students which English Language is thier second language

Love the school. My boys loved their time there. A 3 rating? Really...I don't feel that's right.

Broad Street Elementary School is a fantastic school with many opportunities for all children! The PTO is a hardworking group of people that devote thousands of hours each year to helping the school provide the best for the 340 children attending. I wouldn't send my three kids anywhere else. I love the smaller sized classrooms and how the teachers and staff know just about every child that walks down their hallway. Thank you for all you do Broad Street!!

In reading the most recent post in the reviews (June 16th, 2014), I am compelled to respond to the remarks published. First of all, there is no favoritism. It is a small school with limited classrooms, and there is great care taken to place the student where they will have their best learning experience. The PTO at Broad Street has always been one of fairness, but you must make the effort to be involved in your child's education. This group gives ALL parents and families the opportunity to be a part of the activities that they offer. If you do not go to the meetings, there is always info coming home by flyer or on the school monthly newsletter. There is even a website and Facebook page! They are highly accessible. As for the yearbook, I was in charge of it for many years while my kids were in that school. I am no longer at the school, but I know that the volunteer hours involved in creating a full-color memory book for the kids is astronomical. The 100+ hours devoted to making this book a reality for our 350+ students is truly a labor of love and is done by a parent volunteer. I saw the book, and it is excellent, with a diverse number of students represented. Rock on, PTO!

I have had children in this wonderful school since 2005. Several teachers have gone above and beyond the call of duty to assist my children, one of whom has special learning needs. This school offers cultural enrichment assemblies that happen on a fairly regular basis. The kids are always very excited when we have one of these assemblies, as they are tremendous amount of fun and a great learning experience for them. This school is heavily supported by parent volunteers. They help to run a great PTO and assist with many aspects of supporting the school staff. A beautiful, custom yearbook is put together each year that is absolutely fabulous! It is filled with pictures of the PTO sponsored events, spirit week, and sporting activities. This is all done by a parent volunteer and takes many, many hours. I feel fortunate to have had my children enrolled at Broad Street Elementary School.

My child attended 3 months of kindergarten and all of first grade. I have noticed that the its who you know, and favoritism that runs this school. For example, some kids were placed in classes together because a certain teacher pulled strings for a parent she likes. Children if tge pto were photographed in the yearbook over and over again at different socials and spiritweek. We dont need to see 7 pics of the same child. There were so many students excluded from the yearbook pics even though they attended every social event and dressed for spirit week. How sad was that! My child will not be returning to Broad Street School. Whover is in charge of the pto should celebrate fairness and equality amongst all the students. Give them all a moment to shine, not just your favorites.

Broad Street school is the greatest school ever. Everyone is so involved from the kids, teachers, parents and principal. Everyone tries there best to make this the very best school that it can be, I feel so blessed my daughter goes there. She's had such a great time the last 2 1/2 years of being a student. The teachers, as well as the parents and the principal volunteer so much of there time, and make it a wonderful place for the kids not only during school hours, but also after. I definitely think That the Broad Street School should win the $5000.00 imagine how much they could do with better computers and lap tops.

Broad Street school is a very nice school. The Principal is swift at addressing concerns and the teachers are supportive of students and available to work with parents. The school itself needs many updates as it is an older building.

Broad St. has been a wonderful experience for our 1st and 3rd grade children. Every year the teachers connect and really nurture our kids. They make sure each child is challenged, and working to their ability. The the music / art departments are fantastic. (There is a band; however, no orchestra). The principal is wonderful: very involved with the kids and families. We could not be more pleased with our experience here.

Broad Street has a wonderful group of teachers and a small school feel even though it's in a city. The staff is open to parent involvement and the PTO takes an active part in improving student life.

Last modified Broad Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.