Bad
Good

In regards to safety...The school's doors are no longer unlocked/open. They have a security system in place (door bell w/camera) the office questions why you are entering and decides to unlock the door. Every volunteer/visitor must sign in and out. I feel it is extremely safe.

I have been involved with this school for 9 years now and I love it. I have continued to let them go there even though I have moved to the next town. My ex husband still lives right down the street and I comute them. I like the reading and math programs. It is in a neighborhood of stay at home moms so the volunteer program is great. Unlike the previous post I do find it safe. Back when my oldest was in K my husband was stopped and questioned because he didn't go through the proper procedure in the door. My step children go to private school and I wouldn't switch mine if that private school were free.

I consider this the Charlotte Ave Socialization Academy and felt that I was home schooling my son. Too much time was spent on activities that had nothing to do with academics. I didnt' feel that the school was safe. The doors were always open and strangers (no background checks) were always in the halls.

My children love going to school everyday & I feel so comfortable sending them. I love how the door is always open to come and volunteer. The teachers are wonderful, knowledgeable and caring. The school is safe and a great place to learn and grow.

Last modified Charlotte Ave Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.