Bad
Good

I am a parent of a new 6th grader. I have so many questions that I have been asking about school work or they days off calander, I get no answers. I wrote in my daughters agenda, which is supposed to be very "important" in the communication process between parents and teachers, I get nothing in return. She is having difficulties at home with her homework because certain teachers do not provide the proper books for them to lears/study/get information from. The one time so far, its been 4 weeks of school, that my daughter brought home an Atlas, first off, it was a 1994 edition, cover/back pages also random other pages were missing. How are our kids supposed to learn with tools like that? I understand this is the "inner city" middle school and I have to say, so far, so good. Seems the "cliques" stay to themselves and let the other students be. I do, however believe that students can achieve their goals with a set mind and a sense of knowledge to keep and stay out of trouble here.

The team did not follow through on what they agreed upon. The teachers are overwhelmed and the leadership is underwhelming. Knowing what I know now, I would not have sent my child there.

I thought that this school was overall great. It gave a chance for students to socialize and make friends with new people. Elm street also had some great teachers. Although some of the other students aren't as friendly. There are many so-called 'mean girls' and gangs. There are also a lot of fights.. And there's a crazy art teacher who is obsessed with dragons. I mean, the kids call her dragon lady. She's creepy.. She also has a dragon puppet and talks to it.. One time, she gave the whole class C's for the trimester. She also gave my friend a detention for no apparent reason. I don't like her.. But overall this is a great school. I had fun and experienced many new things. I totally recommend this school!

had to switch teams of teachers a few mos. into school due to staff behaviors. counsel services very helpful. staff not communicating via mandated internet program. teachers oblivious to behaviors of students in class as we have brought issues to their attention and they were completely unaware. gym class ridiculously unsafe. art teacher obsessed with dragons- shows dragon movies? come on! kids begged to be removed from that class. very disappointed yet know there are also good teachers, unfortunately, the bad are quite bad, inappropriate, negligent and unaware of their impact on students' lives.

I've been very disheartened by this school. My son went to Main Dunstable Elementary, was a straight A student, president of Green Club, #1 in Math Olympiads, and aided teachers in helping other students. He transitioned to what Elm St calls their "Honors" class. I find 90% of the teachers to be inept. They do not follow through on committments and don't communicate with the parents. They try to rely on a web portal of which they don't know how to use. They wont committ any extra effort to helping a student progress.

Some kids like me need more one on one help in sertain subjecs which the teachers are incapible of giving!

My daughter loved Elm Street and I did as a parent. Even though it is not in a great part of town, it is an awesome school. My daughter cried on the day of 8th graduation, so did her friends.

My son graduated from Elm St. last year. He is an excellent student and would do quite well where ever he went. I wish we could have sent him somewhere else. Teachers come and go in Nashua. I attended multiple concert events and was totally embarassed to be there. Some of the parents were barbarians and so were some of the students. At graduation last year one student had to be physically removed from the room by a teacher because he was harassing another student. All in all, If you love your child send them some place else.

WAY to many GANGS and fighting kids in that school are stupid,smart,or just don't care!Im very dissapointend thats why i brought my child to fairgrounds they are excellent!

I currently attend 7th grade at Elm Street and my teachers are amazing at what they do and my classmates are the brightest kids I know. All in all, Elm is an amazing school with wonderful teachers and clubs and, given the choice, I wouldn't go to any other middle school.

Last modified Elm Street Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.