Nashua, NH

Posted January 08, 2015
As mentioned by other reviewers the principal is absolutely useless, nice person, but lacks any leadership. A number of bullying issues brought to their attention, which legally should be reported to the state, they are not. Repeated name calling, threatening, nasty text messages brought to his attention and we were told, " it's just kid stuff". There are a few amazing teachers that go above and beyond, but far too many are simply not doing their job. Having several children, one with a learning disability, I can say that many teachers do not follow the IEP, and do not make the necessary accomdations as outlined in the IEP. If I could afford to send my children to private school, I would in a heartbeat! The principal retired last week and the Assistant Principal has been promoted. She is a strong leader but has a tremendous task before her to change the climate/ atmosphere of the school around. Hopefully, under this new leadership poor teaching practices that have been allowed to become routine will be corrected.

Fairgrounds Middle School 5

Posted August 04, 2014
We currently moved here last year my son began in fairgrounds elementry school I read the reviews before enrollment and was concerned since this would be a new school in a new State for my son but I must say I couldn't have been more pleased all around with the teachers the principles etc all around there was team effort and my son loved this school . Actually he stated on several occasions how it was a much better school than the one he had been attending for the 5 years he had been in school . I realize people like to put out negative comments and took that as a grain of salt and I'm glad I did cause this school is excellent . Sometimes it's not about the teachers & principles it's the students themselves who can make a good place look bad .

Posted August 02, 2014
im going to be starting middle school at fairgrounds elementary school since i did not get into ASD. im a little bit scared by the fact that the principle has a poor attitude, and ive heard a lot a bullying has been here by the reviews i read. also the teachers are not that motivated to teach

Fairgrounds Middle School 4

Posted August 24, 2012
My son recently graduated from Fairgrounds after attending Bicentennial. With the transition from elementary to middle school being a bit of a hurdle I am thankful that the staff took a real interest in his education and treated us like family. They were open and honest in communicating issues, and Mr., Gray particularly served as mentor, coach, role model and friend. An involved parent maximizes a child's educational experience.

Fairgrounds Middle School 1

Posted May 24, 2012
The leadership in this school is awful! The principal, just as another rater mentioned, has a very bad attitude when addressed by parents about concerns. The assistant principal, Mrs. Coffey, is by far a better!! Although there appears to be a discipline policy, it is not followed. Favoritism shows its ugly head when it comes to consequences. There is very little positive recognition. Some of the teachers are GREAT, but unfortunately the number of great ones considering how many there are in the school, doesn't allow for another star in the rating. The online parent portal is useless. It's information too late. Especially when teachers do not allow for late work. Communication takes A LOT of effort on the parents side, and you will be lucky to get a response. Again, there are some good teachers that are really good with communication, but majority seem to think communication with parents is not necessary no matter what type of student you have. I could say much more, but let me just say this, if there was another option for me to place my currently attending students, I would move them in a heartbeat!! Change the principal and this school could have potential!

Fairgrounds Middle School 3

Posted March 22, 2011
Too soon,maybe later. I need more time to decide. This is why I am on this site, to learn more about this school.

Posted November 04, 2010
My child is a 6th grader here. While the efforts of most of the teachers is great they offer candy as a reward tool mostly on a daily basis which I do not agree with. I am finding the support of the school principle is absolutely lacking he has a really poor attitude with parents when asking questions or having concerns the vice principle is much better. I feel that too much is put upon the kids to figure out on their own. Bullying here is a large issue here especially in after school sports and programs with little teacher involvement.

Posted April 01, 2010
School bussing and the acts said or done by students during this transfer activity is poor. This area seems to be a gap in that it's easier for the bus drivers to claim they heard or saw nothing rathe rthan get involved. This only condones the offending students words or actions and worsens the overal atmosphere on the bus.

Fairgrounds Middle School 5

Posted May 24, 2009
My child used to go to Fairgrounds, and the level of support is amazing. I just love the idea of teams, and honor, extension, and foundation. being in honor has really helped her achieve her full potential!

Posted April 03, 2009
My son is a 6th grader at Fairgrounds. In our experience, the teaching staff is good; however, the upper level leadership is severely lacking -- in particular with regard to discipline. There is absolutely no consistency or standardization in how the kids are disciplined; two students may commit the same infraction and yet receive completely different punishments that do not fit the 'crime'. We've also found that general communication is often last-minute. Also, not a huge fan of the trimester system.

Fairgrounds Middle School
27 Cleveland St, Nashua, NH  03060
Last modified Fairgrounds Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairgrounds Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top