Nashua, NH

Posted September 22, 2014
I wish I moved to this district sooner. The office staff, nurses, teachers, everyone here, is happy. Not fake kind of happy, but a true relief appearance and a genuine caring for the students and their profession. Field trips here are interesting and different, as well as the pen pal club they do to interact with kids in other schools within the district. We are attending the Destination Imagination meeting to learn more about this, since the old school my kids went to had offered NOTHING. This is awesome, and I highly recommend this school. I just wish it continued until middle school, as I'm nervous for what is ahead! :)

Posted May 20, 2013
I am a former student of Sunset Heights and I loved this school. I didn't speak any english at the time and they worked well with me to develop my english. The teachers, and other staff members, were very patient and understanding with me. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Posted February 25, 2012
In response to the review posted yesterday - I'm sorry your kindergartner had a bad experience when he was there 2 years ago, but that does not sound at all like our principal Mr. Schappler. I know him as very caring, concerned and involved. My child has been there for 3 years and loves school. All the staff has been very caring and wonderful. On the 2 occasions my child has had an issue with another student, they have dealt with it right away. All the parents I know love Sunset Heights and dread when their children graduate and have to go off to middle school.

Sunset Heights School 1

Posted February 24, 2012
We had a horrible experience at Sunset Heights in 2010. My kindergartner was hit by another boy almost every day he went to school, but none of the staff seemed to care. When we first started reporting the incidents to the teacher- she said she didn't see it (so couldn't do anything), I went to the principal and he said I was just having separation anxiety and that my son might be a little too "sensitive" for never having attended daycare. They never even contacted the other boy's mother, but told me they had. The mother never received any notice, except when her son BIT another kid. The teacher warned his tablemates to report any hitting by this boy, but denied any problem with my son. If your child goes to this school, good luck getting Mr. Schappler to enforce the no bully policy. My son even showed him how he blocks the bully's punches, but Mr. Schappler just imitated the blocks without concern. Other mothers have similar stories, but they are encouraged to "get a variance" if their kids have a problem. I got a variance to another school in Nashua with a very caring and responsive staff. Just my two cents- I wish I got a warning before putting my son in that school.

Posted December 16, 2011
this is the best !!! Please dont wast time anywhere else My son is in 2sd grade WE WAS on a private school and not happy we are so glad we moved to Nashua NH and found this shcool .

Sunset Heights School 0

Posted May 06, 2010
My grandsons attend this school and I have been impressed with the nurturing community and emphasis on learning and self discovery

Sunset Heights School 0

Posted October 01, 2009
My 2 children attend Sunset Heights through the No Child Left Behind Act. The school conducted it's very own 'Walk for Ethan' Fundraiser, to raise money for my son's medical expences. Ethan suffers from Relapsed Neuroblastoma. The school has gone above and beyond any expectations of that of any other school I know. They are caring and compassionate, and it shows in every way imaginable. Whether it's family night at a roller skating rink or meetings with teachers, you always feel warm and welcome. The added bonus is, both my kids love attending each and everyday!!!

Posted February 14, 2009
Sunset Heights has been wonderful. My son has ADHD and they have reached up and beyond what I was hoping. They have reached out to him and made me feel comfortable sending him away every day!

Posted February 12, 2009
I see a change in curriculum, teachers are engaging parents to involve in daily home link activities, which I consider a positive approach in improving overall performace.

Posted February 06, 2009
A+ in my book. The teachers and staff are first rate...We came from a private school where we got quantity not quality. Sunset Heights is the best kept secret in Nashua. Our family has never been more happier. Its a great feeling when I pick up my children after school and they are both smiling and can't wait to tell me about there day.

Sunset Heights School
15 Osgood Rd, Nashua, NH  03060
Last modified Sunset Heights School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunset Heights School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top