Nashua, NH

Infant Jesus School 1

Posted April 15, 2015
Don't even think about going to this school. It is sinking fast!! There has been no leadership for years!!! The school can't keep principals. I can see why......there aren't enough kids to make it work. I used to support this school, but I'm afraid I just can't do it any more. This site states that the school has 234 students but I'm here to tell you that it is way under 100!!! A school closed in Jaffrey and IJ is right behind it. It's really too bad but if I were you I wouldn't invest in something that is destined to close.

Posted March 30, 2015
Yes, Infant Jesus might have a lower enrollment now... however, what did everyone expect? There was a lot of nastiness this summer and now we paid a price. This is a great school, with fantastic teachers.. that's what's important. As far as the Parent Group? They have held evening meetings this year, ( with child care offered as well) and no one showed up. So parents....stop complaining, show up to meetings, volunteer at the school and stop the negativity. There is no other school that loves their students like this school, it's amazing!

Posted November 20, 2014
Disgruntled, angry parents should not write bad reviews because of their experiences with one individual. Infant Jesus is a fantastic school and the changes that are occurring this year are a new beginning and a new start. There is no other institution in Nashua that compares when it comes to services for children who need a greater educational challenge. The Reading and Math Enrichment (advanced) programs are unsurpassed. I only wish I had this opportunity as a child. I would have went forward in my education so much better prepared. The faculty and staff (past and present) are the most caring individuals I've encountered in a school setting and no where else have I seen children who actually care for each other and support one another. There is no social hierarchy. They are one. It is a diverse, rich environment. The small class size only works to this advantage. It is a wonderful school. 100 years strong and hoping for 100 more.
3 people found this helpful

Posted November 20, 2014
With two children in the program at Infant Jesus School I am very pleased with the level of their performance, the integrity and intelligence and compassion of the teachers, and the commitment of the community to maintain a safe, nurturing, and intellectually stimulating environment. I highly recommend this school, not only for its academics, but for its enrichment programs, particularly Reading Enrichment, which is a phenomenal approach to the skills that seem not to be introduced in public schools until well into grammar school or junior high. My daughter is learning things in her second grade Reading Enrichment class that my sixth grade nephew struggles with in public school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 23, 2014
I have two children; one a graduate of Infant Jesus School and one who is still currently there. The graduate now attends Bishop Guertin and went through Nashua Catholic. Infant Jesus prepared him VERY well for the rigor of middle and high school. My other child, the one who is currently there, is receiving the same (if not better) preparation than my first child did. The class sizes are small, teachers are excellent, parents are involved, and new leadership is doing a great job. What else can you ask for? The children are HAPPY. Trust me, don't listen to the naysayers. Go look at the children's smiling faces and see how well prepared they are academically. Yes, there are other catholic schools and they are great too but nothing beats smaller class sizes! We love it here. Happy parents and happy kids!

Infant Jesus School 2

Posted September 22, 2014
I disagree with the commentator below, Infant Jesus School is on a fast decline. I agree that the school has their "circle of friends" I will call it, The Parent Meeting should be held at night so all could attend,that would be how you get different ideas, why should someone leave their job to go to one of these Parent Group Meeting have all their ideas shot down because they are not in the "circle of friends" There is nothing vindictive of wanting to be involved in your child(ren) education but again if your not in this "circle of friends" you need not apply. I do agree with enrollment at Catholic Schools are down nationwide, but you will not find this at St Christophers where enrollment is actually up and they value your input which mean alot to some of us. I honestly hope that the new leadership can steer the ship in the right direction. But maybe a few of us looked at this school a little differently than you do. Thanks for letting me vent.

Posted September 18, 2014
Infant Jesus School has gone through some rough stages recently. Whether is was because of the principle, some self righteous parents, or teachers who thought they should drive the ship, or the 22.7% decline in Catholic School enrollment nationwide. Now some people have left IJS and written some toxic reviews to somehow serve their sense of vindication, but families at IJS love our children, our teachers and the community that we share. There is a school for everyone, but no one school is for everyone. Infant Jesus School is under new leadership, dealing with declining enrollment that is seen nationwide, but we still have GREAT teachers, parents who are invested in the school and students among the best in the state.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 23, 2014
Infant Jesus school turned out to be the perfect match for our daughter. She loves going to school. The teachers and families are amazing. We are so happy we found the school.!,

Posted June 20, 2014
Infant Jesus has amazing teachers that care about their students' education and their well being! They always go above and beyond for their students inside and outside of the classroom. The school has a friendly atmosphere and welcoming attitude. I would highly recommend this school to anyone interested in a superior, well rounded education for their child.

Posted June 17, 2014
Infant Jesus is exceptional. Our daughter is just finishing kindergarten. We are always receiving compliments on her politeness. The school has emphasized kindness, politeness, and love of God, Country and Family. It's old fashioned values struck a chord with us. Plus, the opportunities these kids have are amazing. Retired US Supreme Court Justice David Souter dropped in to visit with the 5th graders! Where does that happen? The academics, including journal writing and computers (they learn Powerpoint, Excel, etc.), are all brought to the table while helping to develop kind, committed citizens of the word.

Infant Jesus School