Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 12, 2015
IJ will be the next school to go under. I'm sure you have all heard about the recent closings of St. Patrick's in Jaffery and now St. Patrick's in Pelham. This is so very sad! IJ is destined to fail. Once a school gets to 100 students it just never makes it. Who wants to send their child to a failing school? I sure can't take that chance. I can't imagine having to compromise my child's education this way. Face it everyone.....Infant Jesus will close it's doors. Their own parents have said it and they are people who dedicated themselves to the school and got nothing in return. So very sad.

Posted June 19, 2015
IJS is a great school with great teachers! I cannot say that any stronger. The programs offered cannot be matched in my opinion. With reading and math enrichment classes for those that are advanced in these subjects, to their fabulous drama program, and a wide variety of school athletic and educational teams that consistently compete very strongly. The school is warm and inviting, and parent participation is strong and welcomed. IJS is coming back and I am very proud to be part of it!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 11, 2015
To address the post regarding our new principal, her credentials and the introduction to our new 3 year old PreK class... Our principal most certainly has the credentials to be principal, she wouldn't and couldn't have been hired if she did not. Yes, research was done for the 3 year PreK program, and it was added upon request from some of our current families. We also feel it would be a great addition for the community in general.

Posted June 11, 2015
IJS is not just a school in the typical meaning of the word. IJS is a family. A group of extremely special, commited, and dedicated teachers and staff who are excited to come to school every day, and educate and enrich the mind, body and spirit of each and every student. My own 2 daughters attended IJS from Kindergarten through 6th grade. I credit those 7 years as the very basis for what they continued in their education, and as being the amazing young adults that they have turned out to be. My oldest is ending her middler year at Northeastern University majoring in Environmental Studies. My youngest just completed her sophomore year at Colby College majoring in Neuro Science. Both have always been commited to being good christians, unselfish , giving and caring, and no parent could be prouder of what they have already accomplished, and what they will bring to society. I have no doubt that they will leave a meaningful legacy and an indelible mark toward making a better world. If you want the same result for your children, I see IJS as the best path toward getting to what you hope your child will accomplish in life, and to be the best possible person they can be. IJS will rise high once again the Nashua community as one of it's top schools. All the pieces are in place now. GO IJS!!

Posted June 11, 2015
Great job choosing a new principal from within!! Who else knows the school and community better than someone who has been a successful teacher there. Love the 3 year old program, finally!

Infant Jesus School 1

Posted June 07, 2015
Infant Jesus can't make it work as they are too far gone! The new principal is nice, but nice won't in itself make the school successful. She does not have the proper credentials to do this position justice. I see the school is taking in 3 yr. olds. I would ask if they have done their research or are they just trying to bring in bodies. Give up IJ. There are just too many other schools out there that offer much more than they do. If I were coming in as a new parent I would NOT take a chance on a dying school.

Posted November 20, 2014
Disgruntled, angry parents should not write bad reviews because of their experiences with one individual. Infant Jesus is a fantastic school and the changes that are occurring this year are a new beginning and a new start. There is no other institution in Nashua that compares when it comes to services for children who need a greater educational challenge. The Reading and Math Enrichment (advanced) programs are unsurpassed. I only wish I had this opportunity as a child. I would have went forward in my education so much better prepared. The faculty and staff (past and present) are the most caring individuals I've encountered in a school setting and no where else have I seen children who actually care for each other and support one another. There is no social hierarchy. They are one. It is a diverse, rich environment. The small class size only works to this advantage. It is a wonderful school. 100 years strong and hoping for 100 more.

Posted November 20, 2014
With two children in the program at Infant Jesus School I am very pleased with the level of their performance, the integrity and intelligence and compassion of the teachers, and the commitment of the community to maintain a safe, nurturing, and intellectually stimulating environment. I highly recommend this school, not only for its academics, but for its enrichment programs, particularly Reading Enrichment, which is a phenomenal approach to the skills that seem not to be introduced in public schools until well into grammar school or junior high. My daughter is learning things in her second grade Reading Enrichment class that my sixth grade nephew struggles with in public school.

Posted September 23, 2014
I have two children; one a graduate of Infant Jesus School and one who is still currently there. The graduate now attends Bishop Guertin and went through Nashua Catholic. Infant Jesus prepared him VERY well for the rigor of middle and high school. My other child, the one who is currently there, is receiving the same (if not better) preparation than my first child did. The class sizes are small, teachers are excellent, parents are involved, and new leadership is doing a great job. What else can you ask for? The children are HAPPY. Trust me, don't listen to the naysayers. Go look at the children's smiling faces and see how well prepared they are academically. Yes, there are other catholic schools and they are great too but nothing beats smaller class sizes! We love it here. Happy parents and happy kids!

Infant Jesus School 2

Posted September 22, 2014
I disagree with the commentator below, Infant Jesus School is on a fast decline. I agree that the school has their "circle of friends" I will call it, The Parent Meeting should be held at night so all could attend,that would be how you get different ideas, why should someone leave their job to go to one of these Parent Group Meeting have all their ideas shot down because they are not in the "circle of friends" There is nothing vindictive of wanting to be involved in your child(ren) education but again if your not in this "circle of friends" you need not apply. I do agree with enrollment at Catholic Schools are down nationwide, but you will not find this at St Christophers where enrollment is actually up and they value your input which mean alot to some of us. I honestly hope that the new leadership can steer the ship in the right direction. But maybe a few of us looked at this school a little differently than you do. Thanks for letting me vent.

3 Crown Street, Nashua, NH  03060