Bishop Guertin High School

Private | 9-12 | 886 students

Living in Nashua

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $145,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,100.

Sweep tile

Posted September 10, 2013

I absolutely loved my BG experience. I could not imagine what my life would have been like had I attended any other school. I was awarded so many opportunities, and I truly felt that my time at BG involved so much more than just getting a great education. I was so prepared for college (so much more than my friends in college!). The four years I spent at BG were some of the best in my life. Great friends, safe community, caring and nurturing teachers- wow, I was lucky!!

Posted January 17, 2013

I am a graduate of Bishop Guertin and transferred to BG as an upperclassmen. I was immediately impressed by the warmth of the faculty, strength of the academic program, and spirit of the student body. As a new student in the school I was pleasantly surprised by how friendly and inviting the other students were. They made my social transition an easy one. I highly recommend this school for anyone interested in a challenging academic program that will prepare you very well for college and an inviting and friendly student community.

Posted January 8, 2012

Bishop Guertin, for the school itself, is a great school. The academics are great, and the teachers are so personable. However, you do need to be aware of a few things before you transfer. A lot of the people are very narrow-minded, and I among several other people I know have had troubles fitting in. It's a great learning environment, but I feel like I'm missing out on having friends at school. I value the academics there so much though, and I would not transfer. Another thing you have to be careful is the people you are with in a class. The classes offered at BG are college preparatory through AP. Most of the people in college prep classes are there because their parents are making them go to a private school, and they don't really want to be there. Not all of the classes, however, are like that. Bishop Guertin isn't for everybody, and it is a big decision to make. I am currently a sophomore there, and I am doing very well in all of my classes, and I have great relationships with my teachers. However, I feel that socially, I will not have the same experiences as most other students will.

Posted February 9, 2009

BG is the best school in the area for many reasons. The teachers are fantastic and will work 1 on 1 with you if you need helpwith anything. Also, the guidance is extremely accomadating. Sports are #1 in the area even though basketball has been struggling a bit. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants to achieve in life

Posted January 25, 2009

The academics here are incredible; I know I have a substantial advantage over the majority of high school students in New Hampshire. I am very thankful to be able to go to this school.

Posted January 9, 2009

I am a former student at BG. As a top-performing student during my time there, I felt the teachers were responsive to individual needs and provided a challenging environment for learning. I felt the guidance department was especially vigilant about my needs as a student. They were more than willing to help me find alternatives when I felt I wasn't being challenged by the standard academic track. I would warn parents, however, that high school is not just about the academic experience. These years are the most important in terms of emotional and social growth. Despite my high grades and involvement in extracurriculars, I was absolutely miserable at this school. It is important to make sure your child is the right fit. I found the students superficial, narrow-minded and overly concerned with athletics/sports. Before sending your child to BG, make sure he/she will be happy there.

Posted November 29, 2007

I am a teacher there (8 years) and am now a parent. Having been around, I can honestly say I feel like 'I landed pow right in a pot of jam!' The Brothers of the Sacred Heart are a marvelouly down-to-earth group of religous and their philosophy is actually put into practice there. Hospitality, teaching the whole person, discipline and excellence with a human face: these and more are lived out there. We excel in all realms in the best way and send 98% of our students to college or military academies. It's not for everyone and it's not perfect, nothing is. But I would feel very confident to investigate this option if I were you.

Posted November 27, 2007

My son is a junior this year, and he could not imagine going to any other school...period. The teachers are exceptional, the guidance counselors are very supportive, and the athletics coaches treat the kids like their own, encouraging them to achieve their personal best. The Bishop Guertin community is very close-knit, caring, and supportive, and those qualities are exemplified by the faculty and staff. Our daughter will attend BG next year and she is thrilled to have the opportunity to attend a school that her brother speaks so highly of. There is a reason why so many BG alum send their own children to the school - it's that good. I don't understand the 11/17/2007 comment about the faculty. That is most certainly not the case today, and has never been in the three years we've been part of the BG family.

Posted November 17, 2007

I find the faculty to be disrespectful impolite and condescending. So how will they treat your child attending there?

Posted August 7, 2005

My daughter is a junior and on a nationally ranked debate team. Excellent support from the school for this very involved and time consuming activity, coaches are amazing. Excellent administration, seemed to really like what they are doing and the kids sense that there is genuine commitment and concern. Discipline is quite good, although as with any high school there are incidents such as drinking at the prom but they are addressed. My younger child will be starting as a freshman.

Posted September 11, 2004

I transferred over to BG at the end of my freshmen year, and now, as a senior, I cannot imagine ever doubting the decision! It has been amazing, and I would recommend it to anyone! I love the community, the teachers, the student body...it is a great environment to learn and have fun. I cannot say enough good things about Bishop Guertin!

Posted August 19, 2003

Bishop Guertin is a great experience for any student. The teachers and support staff are exceptional. The school competes in many athletic events and there are numerous extracurricular clubs and activities. Bishop Guertin relies heavily upon parental involvement in fundraising, and volunteering at the school's various social functions. Being a Catholic school, discipline is maintained throughout all aspects of student life. There is a dress code, and it is enforced as a means of creating a better academic environment. Bishop Guertin is probably the safest school in New Hampshire; students that are accepted to the school are chosen based upon not only academics, but their whole person as well. This demanding selection process serves to eliminate and students that could pose a threat to the safety of others. Overall, Bishop Guertin is not just a place to educate children, it is an experience. The Guertin experience is something that will change any student and prepare them to succeed in college and beyond.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian 6% 2%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Manchester

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

194 Lund Rd