Bad
Good

my son and foster son attend this school. The staff went above and beyond for both children. My son is High honors and in the arm nh national guard, the staff accommodated his military schedule and provide challenging courses. My foster son has special needs and is a real handful but staff were exceptional! Incredible high school and staff that will listen to parents and students concerns meeting their needs appropriately.

The staff at NHSN are terrible! I am nowhere near a perfect student, I have my off days and I have my great days; but never in my 16 years of living been so disrespected in my life. The teachers at NSHN have very bad attitudes with students. The teachers are rude, uncalled for, have no understanding of student's feeling/opinions, and in some cases you can even call some of the teachers and staff there bullies. The teachers at NHSN make it very hard to focus on getting an education, when being constantly treated with disrespect; some teachers even spend most of class time arguing with students and allowing themselves to get so far off of topic with irrelevant subjects, that when they actually return to teaching the lesson...the students and the teachers themselves don't even remember what they should be teaching/should be learning. This school is a recipe for disaster. Be prepared to deal with disrespectful and inadequate staff members, and think twice before you believe a staff member's word over your own child's word.

Many bad teachers but still some great ones. Classes are a joke when they are un-leveled. Numerous disrespectful teens that get away with mostly everything. Terrible (nonexistent) attendance policy and dress code. Administration is weak and budget is terribly organized. For example, I can't get a math book that isn't 10years old but administrators all get ipads to play angry birds all day. Makes sense, right?

The only thing challenging about the classes at north is making an effort to understand a so-called teacher who isn't competent to teach. Many sing the praises of north's extracurricular activities, but they forget that north has been put on probation by the state for a number of years because its students yield low standardized test scores.

Both my children attend NHSN. They love it! The classes are challenging. Both have enjoyed extra-curricula activities. They both have enjoyed playing on sports teams, and in the marching band. Band director is awesome!

The school is broken. Nothing ever changes for the better. Everyone goes through the daily pretentious motions with no real compassion for the school, the students growth, or their education. Everyone is laying low, watching their backsides, and waiting for retirement.

The teachers are incredibly substandard, for the most part. The worst the teaching profession has to offer. I don't believe the students really learn anything,and I don't believe they are adequately prepared for college. The school's low test scores prove this. The school and its parent district are a joke.

My son has a learning disability and the teachers didnt hesitate to work with him. He transferred to South Nashua and he plummeted in grades..therefore he is back to North...GREAT SCHOOL

While a rare few students do like NHSN, most don't.The school seems to ignore it when students step out of line, although the teachers are good about talking to and helping students when they're really struggling.Many of the extracurricular activities are ignored simply because the students aren't aware that they exist.If I had the choice I would not attend NHSN.

A note about the teachers at NHSN I m not impressed with most of the school teachers either. They don t stress the students with enough work or new material. One of the math teachers was teaching material that my daughter was doing in middle school with nothing new. Don t get me wrong, there were teachers that were great and even contacted us to let us know bad things were happening with our daughter, but it appears to be hit or miss at NHSN. We are desperately trying to move out of Nashua to Amherst or Bedford.

Last modified Nashua High School North is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.