PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted November 05, 2014
There is no other place I would send my children. My son has been there since the age of 4 months. The school is a true community; a family. Every teacher from infant to Grade 6 knows my son and treats him like gold. The elementary school kids are taught to respect and look out for the younger kids. The school is housed in 100% green buildings for improved health of the kids and staff. I love the fact that the kids get to spend a ton of time outside in nature, and that nature is built into their learning experiences. My son adores going out to the barn to see the animals, and I love that he gets that opportunity. There is a curriculum to even the youngest classrooms, so even though they're little - they're learning!! The building is locked at all times and the kids' safety is top priority. The food is fantastic, cooked fresh every day with many natural and healthy ingredients. No public school fake chicken nuggets here!! They are constantly growing their art and technology programs, and offer after school activities for the older kids. This place is amazing!

Posted January 29, 2012
Second Nature Academy is truly an amazing school. We just started here for fifth grade and my child is happy and learning every day. The classroom environment is focused, caring and working together. The children get to experience the outside and have fun while learning. Thank you.

Posted January 23, 2012
Fantastic school and now does through 8th grade. We just started here for first grade and couldn't be happier. True integration in lessons and real life. My child is happy and excited to learn every day. There's a real focus on outside experiences that cannot be beat. If you are looking for a school that will help your child learn how to problem solve and meet life's challenges, this is the place.

Posted January 22, 2012
Second Nature Academy is just amazing. The staff and facilities are top notch and the student experience is unparalleled. The kids learn from hands on experimentation under expert guidance and the interaction with nature is enviable. Every opportunity is used as a teaching tool, whether the class is in the science lab, in the barn with the animals or exploring and learning from nature in the surrounding forest. This investment in my daughter's education is one the best things I could have done for her.

Posted January 12, 2012
Amazing School!!!!! Highly recommend 2nd Nature Academy. My kids love it there. I am amazed at the knowledge they have already gained. Very innovative and hands on teaching techniques. Wonderful teachers and staff. I cannot say enough good things about this school. Truly amazing!

Posted January 11, 2012
Amazing school. Curriculum is integrated and they use inquiry and real life learning. My kids now think critically and solve problems on their own. They learn to think instead of just learning to memorize facts. The school building is green and they got LEED Platinum for new construction, so it is a very healthy environment.

Posted January 11, 2012
My daughter is a late August birthday, and wasn't ready for Kindergarten this year, but we really didn't want to repeat a third year of preschool. I had a smallish list of things I wanted for a school for her: five days a week, at least three hours a day, classroom of her peers (ie no intermingling of 2.9 to 5 year olds), and preferably something that was within 15 minutes of home. It is amazing how many 2 hour preschools that intermingle all ages and only meet 2 or 3 days a week are out there. I was about to give up when I stumbled across this school and their Interim Kindergarten program, and basically told the staff during my tour that I was a shoo-in. It has been absolutely perfect for her this year and the best thing I could have hoped for. She's learning so much, growing and maturing nicely, and absolutely loves school. I only wish I could keep her here next year, but her older sisters would end up in therapy if we let her go to private school and not them.

Posted January 06, 2012
Teachers and Staff are 1st class in all respects. The classrooms, buildings and learning environment far surpass the any facility in this area.

Posted December 30, 2010
Very happy with the Nature of Things. My son went here for 5 years (age 4 mos - pre-K). He had a great experience socially and academically. I was always pleasantly surprised by how much the kids were learning and how much fun they had in the process. Miss Sherrie makes great, healthy lunches - the kids love them. I strongly disagree with the first review - the school has a very good academic program and most kids are children of two working professionals. Note that for my facilities rating my son went there before they opened the new school building.

Posted March 28, 2009
I have to disagree about the comment on about the school not getting children ready for kindergarten...My daughter has been with the school since she was 14 months old...She and all of her classmates 18 total are more advanced than any 3rd grade public school student...It is a wonderful place for children to learn in there own way and not one child is 'smarter' than another...

2nd Nature Academy